• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lucario looks pretty awesome from what I've seen so far.

The slow aura sphere shot looks kinda dumb imo but whatever. As in its aesthetic quality I mean. I realize it may or may not be completed but it looks sloppy for now.

I want to see a good player like Sneak use Lucario.

Edit: I like the ideas of cancelling moves with a specific action or other move similar to normal fighter games.

Will you be taking this approach to other characters as well?

iLink

Smash Champion
We definitely have been focusing a lot on heavies lately. I wouldn't worry too much about lucario, we also havne't "meleefied" his hitboxes yet (his fsmash has a 19 x-offset which is just absurd) as an example.
How big is that compared to something like Marth's or ZSS' fsmash?

I mean sure it has range but its not exactly subtle or fast unless it was sped up. It wasn't super easily to land in vbrawl and I can imagen is being easier to punish in p:m

His fsmash was sort of his saving grace against MU's where he was just flat out was outspaced like Marth, D3, and Snake (although not so much Snake anymore but I can see Marth being an even bigger problem now)

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Might take a while to get good wit lucario.. gotta learn how to use his mechanics then learn how to apply them to my style then learn to use them vs people

:phone:

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Model. As soon as I saw Procario, all I could think of was trying to defend against him. Frankly, he seems daunting. Any of the larger cast members are going to have an incredibly one sided match up against Lucario.

Time will tell I suppose.
I'd say that he looks like he now plays similar to Falco, in the sense that he's an absolute beast onstage but doesn't have a good recovery. On the recent livestream including Lucario, I noticed how easy it was to gimp him due to his recovery's short range.

Amirite in assuming this? .-.

iLink

Smash Champion
I dunno, on the stream I saw him miss a few recoveries where he could have just upb'd to a wall and wall jumped to recover.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm fairly certain Lucario can't wall cling out of Up-B anymore. not 100% sure tho

shanus

Smash Hero
I dunno, on the stream I saw him miss a few recoveries where he could have just upb'd to a wall and wall jumped to recover.
Actually, we are removing his wallcling. What happens in a terrible way is that no reverse grabs often resulted in him wallclinging instead of going fast an edge, and often dying. It also messed up a lot of ex-cancel shenanigans.

Sadly, I thought the codeset I had had already removed his wallcling, but we had forgotten to add it.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Meh, true. He's definitely got more recovery options than Falco under the stage. I just happened to notice that Lucario's upB used in a straight line looks like it isn't longer than Falco's sideB.

Also, he IS more floaty than Falco, but his double jump -> upB being pretty slow takes away from his recovery's viability as well.

Speaking of which...how much priority does Lucario's upB have?

EDIT: No more wallcling? D:

Well dang, I'd say he's plenty balanced then.

iLink

Smash Champion
Actually, we are removing his wallcling. What happens in a terrible way is that no reverse grabs often resulted in him wallclinging instead of going fast an edge, and often dying. It also messed up a lot of ex-cancel shenanigans.

Sadly, I thought the codeset I had had already removed his wallcling, but we had forgotten to add it.
So will that remove the ability to wall jump after upb all together?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
wall clinging is just the wall jump animation but with a frame speed mod of 0 so that it stays on frame 1

then when you hit the stick to jump, it plays the rest of the animation/goes to that action and you wall jump iirc

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Falco should be able to wall cling after up-b lol

Speaking of up-b, I get major complains from melee players about characters that can attack after or interrupt their up-b. Discuss?

jalued

Smash Lord
Falco should be able to wall cling after up-b lol

Speaking of up-b, I get major complains from melee players about characters that can attack after or interrupt their up-b. Discuss?
its not very melee like, but there are more characters now: variety is the spice of life. Only a few characters are giving the option, as a way to try and balance them imo.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I assume he means characters like Sonic, Snake, G&W, etc.

I know they weren't in Melee but they don't really feel out of place to me. It's not exactly broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom