• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I said in the stream that the nair looks like Mario jumping in Paper Mario. Keep it, it's a nostalgia rush and looks hilarious at the same time.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Again, Pika's current Bair is borrowed from another character, I think it was Samus, but I could be wrong. It's mentioned earlier within the past few pages.

Our animators have created really nice looking animations-- from scratch. They don't have to be professional to be skillful at something. Heck, professionality holds little weight here. I mean, look what the professional world gave us with Brawl. That's right, a garbage heap. Those professional coders coded stuff like random tripping, and made a super defensive based game that sucks. just sayin.

I'm sure Pika's bair will have a custom animation in time. Pikachu's 64 Bair is definitely the way to go. Maybe some of you forget 64?? However, he was top tier. We figured that because Pika isn't Melee Fox, Falco, etc, status we'd give Pika some of his elements from 64.

kirby's 64 Nair is awesome btw, and the animation looks nice. :D
U mad? All I could read was "trash trash trash".

On topic: Do any of you know the status on Falco's jab? I assume he still has Brawl jab since the melee one was useless...

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Um I know that the last page was talking about marths uptilt. In my opinion I'm sort of glad that a Tilt can't kill it shouldn't be able to. However I really never played marth in Melee he just never really fit my playstyle. I think Marth should still have his forward thrusting for the shield breaker. I know majority of you want it to be like the Melee look but the thing is if you give marth that type of shield breaker + the way how dancing blade is currently unless somehow you can make it slower it will primarly make marth overpowerd. Then again I trust the devs and want them to take whichever direction they want to take.

I've played around with PSA Roy who has the similar move and its extremely overpowered. If I can find the PSA for roy I would gladly give it you guys for that way you can mess with or find out the shield breaker animation.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Um I know that the last page was talking about marths uptilt. In my opinion I'm sort of glad that a Tilt can't kill it shouldn't be able to. However I really never played marth in Melee he just never really fit my playstyle. I think Marth should still have his forward thrusting for the shield breaker. I know majority of you want it to be like the Melee look but the thing is if you give marth that type of shield breaker + the way how dancing blade is currently unless somehow you can make it slower it will primarly make marth overpowerd. Then again I trust the devs and want them to take whichever direction they want to take.

I've played around with PSA Roy who has the similar move and its extremely overpowered. If I can find the PSA for roy I would gladly give it you guys for that way you can mess with or find out the shield breaker animation.
There isn't anything wrong with having an effective utilit especially with a character like Marth whose usmash is very conditional (as a kill move, not a combo move).

Also, if Falco gets his reflector back I see nothing wrong with bringing back Marth's shield breaker. It has many more uses than the thrust version.

As far as the dancing blade goes... Idk what direction it should take but I am all for just replicating melee Marth.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I think its funny when people post about flaws and glitches like the people playing and testing wouldn't notice, especially the obvious ones like IC's. I mean, if you guys are noticing it in a stream, don't you think it would be twice as obvious to the person right in front of the tv? Idk, maybe it makes some people feel important or something.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
I think its funny when people post about flaws and glitches like the people playing and testing wouldn't notice, especially the obvious ones like IC's. I mean, if you guys are noticing it in a stream, don't you think it would be twice as obvious to the person right in front of the tv? Idk, maybe it makes some people feel important or something.
If everyone followed this, there would be no such thing as feedback. What's obvious to one person might not be so obvious to another.

Although, yeah, some things are blatantly obvious.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
If everyone followed this, there would be no such thing as feedback. What's obvious to one person might not be so obvious to another.

Although, yeah, some things are blatantly obvious.
The blatant obvious are the things I'm talking about, especially when the coders have to repeat themselves like a billion times saying that they haven't gotten to it yet, the game isn't finished, etc.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
U mad? All I could read was "trash trash trash".

On topic: Do any of you know the status on Falco's jab? I assume he still has Brawl jab since the melee one was useless...
Wat. Did you play Falco in Melee? Go give it a whirl and you'll be surprised at the followups you can get out of jab at certain percents / DIs. Jab to F-smash good enough for you?

The blatant obvious are the things I'm talking about, especially when the coders have to repeat themselves like a billion times saying that they haven't gotten to it yet, the game isn't finished, etc.
To be fair, Shanus could update the OP a bit more with what's already been discussed and requested.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Yeah, it gets pretty annoying that the same issues are constantly being addressed. The P:M team should just put a "known bugs and issues" page or a "we are currently working on" page on smash mods.com and shut everyone up.

But in defense of those annoying people, I think they just want to know HOW those issues are being fixed more than just pointing them out. As a fanbase, I think everyone has the right to that, but not at the cost of forcing PM devs to repeat themselves.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
For Project M, can you please give Yoshi a normal shield?
That's actually a good point. Are you saying that because he can't jump out of shield? Because I don't know if many people are aware that yoshi can't jump oos... However if they can make him jump oos without changing his shield i think that would be the better option. They should also speed up his roll if that's possible

Now that i think about it, what about speeding up Samus' roll? :) I don't think it's necessary/fair for characters to have slower rolls than others

Sterowent

Smash Ace
but, yoshi has the best shield. in b+, it's the fastest to drop. and, of course, it's the strongest, isn't it? the only thing it can't do is allow jumping out of shield, but i could be wrong on that. oh, and no lightshields, i guess.

hey, here's a small suggestion. why not allow yoshi to go to shield once he slows down his sideB enough, on ground? it'd just be a quick interrupt at a slow pace, where he's vulnerable. small mindgame, and sideB would be less lame.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
hey, here's a small suggestion. why not allow yoshi to go to shield once he slows down his sideB enough, on ground? it'd just be a quick interrupt at a slow pace, where he's vulnerable. small mindgame, and sideB would be less lame.
That's a good idea, not gonna lie. lol

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Wat. Did you play Falco in Melee? Go give it a whirl and you'll be surprised at the followups you can get out of jab at certain percents / DIs. Jab to F-smash good enough for you?

To be fair, Shanus could update the OP a bit more with what's already been discussed and requested.
I never saw good Falcos use it, and for anyone who did it looked like they meant to shine or utilt instead.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just throwing it out there:

Isn't Fox's Brawl bair a good replica of Pika's smash 64 bair? Maybe it wouldn't look as awkward if that animation was used?

And Yoshi definitely needs a normal shield. One of the biggest travesty's in the history of smash... it's no wonder why he's low tier in all three ****ing games >_>

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Well the other day i was at Orca's and asked him if you guys were putting Dr Mario in the game and he said that you couldn't make a completely new character without "tricking" the game into thinking that there's a new character. If it has anything to do with the character selection screen, could you just replace pokemon trainer with dr mario, then make it so the other 3 pokemon are allowed to switch with down b?

Revven

FrankerZ
It doesn't work like that, those Pokemon are an entirely different thing from Pokemon Trainer, you can't "give" them the ability to switch because there's only one set of Pokemon Trainer files, one for Pokemon Trainer himself and one each for the Pokemon. They aren't counted as completely new characters in the game, they share the same files. You'd still be replacing those Pokemon as well.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't work like that, those Pokemon are an entirely different thing from Pokemon Trainer, you can't "give" them the ability to switch because there's only one set of Pokemon Trainer files, one for Pokemon Trainer himself and one each for the Pokemon. They aren't counted as completely new characters in the game, they share the same files. You'd still be replacing those Pokemon as well.
****. Well is it something they are working on or is it something they are just going to not do? Because I REALLY want Doc to be in P:M. lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Unless we get a working clone engine (looks pretty unlikely at this point though), Mario is sort of a Mario/Doc hybrid. He has some of Doc's best attributes, like his fair and nair and lower trajectory fireballs.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Dude that's awesome. I thought it was just me not sweet spotting the fair. like a missed falcon or marth spike or something like that. So basically the only difference is pills. I guess i can live with that if you don't get the clone engine thing to work. However, could you possibly do something with one of Mario's costumes to be like Doc? That seems too obvious though so i'm guessing it's already been thought of and doesn't work...

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I will bring this up AGAIN because I think it is something that needs to be included.

Melee Mario could cape the opponent while they were in shield and it would make them face the other way (they would remain in shield). If they attempted to grab and got countered by the cape, they would flip and hit the ground. I am wondering if this is back, or if it will be back. With pressure like bair->uair in Brawl, the cape could amount to really interesting pressure where Mario could say bair->cape and the opponent would not be able to shield grab. Obviously other uses could exist.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The clone engine is what would let us add new characters to the game without having to replace old ones.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
The clone engine is what would let us add new characters to the game without having to replace old ones.
So is that definitely the only way to make a new character? There must be another way. What if you made a way to replace the characters(not make new ones) ON P:M. Like, without having to restart the wii or any bull like that. Then you could have access to all characters by just switching the characters' buttons with one that isn't on the character selection screen at that moment. I have very little knowledge of coding so i don't know it's limits. lol

I probably sound like an idiot in this post

Also these might not be good ideas but hopefully they could give you guys some ideas. That's my goal

Revven

FrankerZ
There's already a code that does that however, it's inefficient as the character cannot fight the character it replaces. Example: Roy vs Marth wouldn't be possible. So yes, a Clone Engine is the only way.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
What i meant was, what if you could replace ANY character with ANY character. Then you could do any character combination. Just don't replace a character that someone else will play as that match.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
There's already a code that does that however, it's inefficient as the character cannot fight the character it replaces. Example: Roy vs Marth wouldn't be possible. So yes, a Clone Engine is the only way.

is a clone engine classified as impossible as with the wall tethers?
or is it just that no one can figure out how to code it?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i don't think any of that is important now, let the guys focus on the landing detection code, which is what (IMO) is holding back the beta release, once they figure that out, character physics process begins and then we get beta for balance issues. On the balance phrase, they can keep looking for ways to do a clone engine/wall tetther code.

humble

Smash Ace
is a clone engine classified as impossible as with the wall tethers?
or is it just that no one can figure out how to code it?
Well some of the best coders in the community have tried to solve it and create one (Kryal, Phantom Wings, etc.) so I think if not impossible, beyond us at the moment, and no one is working on it currently.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
PW was very close to getting somewhere, but then he left to go work on a different project.

And Kryal never tried...

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
PW was very close to getting somewhere, but then he left to go work on a different project.

And Kryal never tried...
Sorry to derail, but what happened to Phantom Wings anyway? Last I heard, his USBGecko had died. If he hasn't gotten a replacement that means we've lost him doesn't it? :(

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
because his stuff broke and he didn't have much time to do it anyway

well that sucks <_>

anyway i'm wondering.. instead of showing like one match every 2 months would it be possible to get like one match a week? (from good melee vets like sneak)

cuz i watch the matches and i'm like =D

then it's over and i'm like D:
e.e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom