• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
All the cool kids on 40 ppp aren't even up to page 200 yet :p

It amazes me how much hype has already been generated for this when there's still only a handful or two of people playing this on a regular basis.

G

genkaku

I've thought a little bit about the buffed zelda concern.
There's no real reason that a buffed zelda = buffed Sheik. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, that's obvious enough, and it's not like you can effectively take advantage of both sets simultaneously. They are essentially separate characters, even if you can change mid-match. Pokemon Trainer is much more of an issue in this regard, and even he's not a real problem.
Just try picturing a high-level match where the zelda/sheik player keeps switching. It's not very fluid, and certainly awkward.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I don't think it'd be over-powered but more so an interesting thing, I'd love to see a player be good with both shiek and zelda, and be able to change once or twice mid-match to switch up their style on the opponent, i always wanted to see that in melee

D

Deleted member

I've thought a little bit about the buffed zelda concern.
There's no real reason that a buffed zelda = buffed Sheik. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, that's obvious enough, and it's not like you can effectively take advantage of both sets simultaneously. They are essentially separate characters, even if you can change mid-match. Pokemon Trainer is much more of an issue in this regard, and even he's not a real problem.
Just try picturing a high-level match where the zelda/sheik player keeps switching. It's not very fluid, and certainly awkward.
Pokemon Trainer is a problem that solves itself. Forced switch off KOs means you can't effectively counterpick your opponent with 3 choices within a single match. Zelda/Sheik had their transform time lengthened in B+ because of this advantage iirc.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No actually, in B+ the startup was increased and the endlag was removed altogether, to prevent the awkwardness of random load times affecting gameplay. The overall transform length was exactly the same I believe.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Soo I had started off by using the March 2010 version this month without knowing. Already i was impressed by how far they had gotten with the program..I had messed around for hours with some characters. turns out today I find out how out of date I was, I got the latest version today and everything is seriously 10000x more impressive. I main the spacies, and they feel soooooooooo smooth, especially compared to the march version, shine combos just flow, platform waveshines, DJLasers, SHL, Shine OOS(works perfect, i use it constantly)

There's obvious bugs and tweaks that need fixing but it's ****in beta. I love it.

Just shows that the team for this project is doing the right ****, hella good stuff guys.

also one thing that would be so tight, since I already see you guys added hyrule, would be the melee neutrals. I'm sure it's been talked about but yoshi's story, dreamland, and FoD would be ****

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
So what's going on with marth's sword range and animations etc. are you working/still working on that?
Also how's landing detection going?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I could bug FrozenHobo about it. Either that or I'll at least find one of his latest pictures to show to this thread.

This was one of his last posts with a picture in it:

EDIT: Well ****, never mind then haha.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol froho has been posting versions of that in the PMBR, don't worry about it. it'll be in.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mewtwo_2000 has a WIP of it (don't know if he's doing that at the moment) and ds22 actually had someone get a direct rip of the model from Melee and he's trying to work with that hopefully with an expert stage hacker's help.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
I don't think it'd be over-powered but more so an interesting thing, I'd love to see a player be good with both shiek and zelda, and be able to change once or twice mid-match to switch up their style on the opponent, i always wanted to see that in melee
transform and pause the game then start again voila melee transformation speed lulz

I just hope I can just rely on Sheik and never have to use Zelda. I don't want to have to transform to get a kill or some lame ****, I want Melee Sheik. No offense to Zelda fans, but she's not my cup of tea.

****** Ninja all day. <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
is her fthrow good in melee?
if yes, then it will be good in project m.
don't be dumb, don't ask dumb questions.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Is Link's f-air going to get buffed? I've always wanted melee Link to have his ssb64 f-air back. It had roughly the same startup as his melee f-air but it had much more killing power and range. Comparable to doc's f-air in melee. Also, what do you guys plan to do with Link's gale boomerang? Plans for Link in general? If he could play like ssb64 link but with a better recovery that'd be sweet. Someone on the P:M dev team loves smash64 (taunt cancels, ground canceled shines, hyrule 64) so maybe they'd understand.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Also, what do you guys plan to do with Link's gale boomerang? Plans for Link in general?
Link's bombs explode when when it hits anything but shields (bounces on shields) and when lightly dropped on a surface. He can aerial glide toss and zAir that gives him a crap load of momentum. You can actually use his zAir to start a chain (no pun intended). He has his Melee upB back - no charging and semi spiking tips. His Gale Boomerang has multihits upon coming back.

I'd say Link has gotten much better than his Melee counterpart - I'm assuming so don't take my word for it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We'd rather have people asking about what we're doing rather than why something isn't in or something isn't finished yet. Cuts down on the complaints, increases the chance of smoother development.

We're not going to give P:M for who knows how long, and you'll have to deal with that for the time being.

Haseo1101

Smash Cadet
True. Yeah the questions would be replaced with complaints. So its better this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom