• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzbOFD6qRo

There was this codeset a while back <_<
they know roy exists, however they aren't willing to replace marth for roy or any other character for that matter. why stab one player(marth mains) to please the other(roy mains)? that's precisely what sakurai did with brawl. he ditched competitive players for casual ones.

the clone engine would enable you to use roy without replacing a character. this hasn't been successfully made yet and thus they can't put in roy. @_@

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hey, since there is a lot of stage development going on (melee FD, 64 hyrule, dream land, etc.) is there any chance of you doing stage dojos aswell? Just curious.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Isn't it possible to combine roy and marth much like Doc and Mario and T.Link and Y.link? Although I can't think of any reason to do that atm.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
still thinking that we should **** all brawl characters until melee chars have been meleefied (mostly physics-wise).
This sounds like a really efficient way to handle the workload, tbh, since the design philosophies should already mostly be in place for the Melee characters.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Um just a question I was watching the video of Falco vs Mario and looks extremely awesome by the way thanks jc for the vids. I was wondering if theres any way to change Mario's Fire Ball into the Pill like every other fireball or just make it to where it would be a pill in the air since its supposed to be a hybrid. Just a suggestion feel free to turn it down. If I can actually locate my old brawl folders I would gladly work on making it an animation but not sure if people would want it.

/sigh So many **** usb drives lieing around lol due to school projects and anime lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Possible but no, no 10noes
Hey don't misunderstand me I was just asking to know if it is possible and might be explored if enough noise was made by Roy mains which I SERIOUSLY doubt. As a Marth main though I wouldn't stand for it. The only thing I could think of that would be useful is maybe the power of Roy's counter or his Neutral-B Everything else about Roy SUCKS in comparison.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Um just a question I was watching the video of Falco vs Mario and looks extremely awesome by the way thanks jc for the vids. I was wondering if theres any way to change Mario's Fire Ball into the Pill like every other fireball or just make it to where it would be a pill in the air since its supposed to be a hybrid. Just a suggestion feel free to turn it down. If I can actually locate my old brawl folders I would gladly work on making it an animation but not sure if people would want it.

/sigh So many **** usb drives lieing around lol due to school projects and anime lol.
Well, it's a hybrid in that he has Doc properties on certain moves. The fireballs already bounce lower and more KB(don't quote me on the KB) like the pills did, according to someone who has played it.

Is it just me, or does momentum from being hit seem to degrade extremely fast?

Could be just DI potency, but Ganon's Fair at 80% near the edge on Falco would be the end of him in Melee, wouldn't it?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Someone asked about Trailer stuff...etc
There is enough footage to make a trailer currently. I am currently having a problem DLing some Private vids though. I can't find away around it yet but i'm working on that.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
a trailer is supposed to consist of purely unseen footage......well atleast that's what makes it worth watching for me

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
a trailer is supposed to consist of purely unseen footage......well atleast that's what makes it worth watching for me
Well I agree...Its the main reason why I am waiting till he Private ProjectM vids can be downloaded somehow. I'm still not even sure who runs that channel yet though :(

GameWatching

Smash Ace

face is mess'd up ;_;

i did it 2 days ago but i lost the model ;_;

he was like that,
i will try to fix as possible as i can to make it look like the old one :

btw,
i didn't made this falco model oO
it's ripped from SSBM oO
I morphed the brawl falco's head with it !

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, in that case, then

Wait, what? We haven't re-made his Neutral-B yet. What are you talking about?

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Hey again,

sorry, that I was off so long, but I'm busy with getting a place where and what I want to study.

So, I've a wonderful question:

Will this project be a totally .pac, .rel, hex etc implemented game, so that codes aren't needed?!

please answer (I'm very interested in the actual plans for the project. Also Lucas is a very worthy masterpiece!!!)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So hey guys; ideas for new ROB/Pit recoveries? Post any that come to you.
I know Rob has some kind of broken recovery or something. Not broken in the Godly sense but he can Recover, attack, recover....etc. Using UpB. I know ideas were being tossed around for Pit but after that...every thing just got quite about him

Dunno, in the version of P:M I played, Marth's sideB was different from it's vBrawl incarnation.
I only saw his Strange have chop half stab...ish looking weird NeutB I saw no strange SideB.

yep, i made a code yesterday to allow buffered rolls/spot dodges with the cstick

can you hop on the irc today, a few questions for you
You are the man Sir;)

shanus

Smash Hero
Attention everyone, we are offering up a few spots to programmers who are willing to work on Project M to try and best complete character changes:

People we are looking for must have skills in at least one of the following:
  • Knowledge on how to use PSA to do simple alterations including hitbox alterations, slight move timing alterations, or other changes
  • Knowledge on Animation editing for characters in Brawlbox
  • A set0up capable of playing both melee and brawl (if you run dolphin w/ melee + AR) or have dual set-ups you can run with AR on melee that is highly preferred

We are looking for individuals who will be willing and capable to make or profile a lot of necessary character alterations. Individuals with dual set-ups and no programming experience will be taught the simple basics of PSA to try and best match moves to melee.

Note: This project can be a lot of work, and individuals who are invited in are expected to contribute a lot. If you do not, you will be removed promptly.

If you are interested in applying, please PM me the following information:

1. What skills can you provide? (PSA programming, BBox Animation, Melee/Brawl differences with Dual set-up and willing to learn elementary PSA programming)

2. How much free time can you devote to the project?

3. What melee and tournament experience do you have?

4. If you have PSA or BBox experience, do you have any files you can provide as proof of your work?

5. Do you use a PC or Mac? If you use a mac (like I do), you require use of Parallels or Bootcamp to use PSA.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol...I can see an ad like that in the newspaper.

"SEEKING APPLICANTS KNOWLEDGEABLE IN PSA PROGRAMMING AND BBOX ANIMATION
CONTACT 555-XXX-XXXX"

smash is so legit we have our own programming languages...get @ us colleges

G

genkaku

I'd take Smash 101 in college, haha.
Actually, there is a Starcraft course....

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
There is a college course revolving around Super Smash Brothers Melee at some college in Ohio I believe.

I forget why it was relevant as a class.

Anyways, I really need to go back to school so I can have time to work on this stuff. I can't justify use of adderall at my own home. xD

-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
It's not complicated to do edits to characters, I just typed up a nice how-to guide for simple changes on our boards. Go-go app rangers

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can't imagine it being difficult just to alter timings, hitboxes, or damages. I haven't tried learning PSA yet (I've looked through movesets at best), but I can see really simple things like asynchronous timers and know what that means. ICBit (whatever it's called) is what is throwing me off along with hex equivalents.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hey, this is a bit random, but are there going to be stage dojos?

Just curious since there are a lot of stage alterations going on (melee FD, 64 hyrule, melee Dream Land, etc.)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Seeing as how it uses Melee's Green Greens, it's fairly appropriate but kind of funny either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom