• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
i think 2 gig sds are the largest thing the wii takes =[
The Wii itself can take any size card. It's individual older games, such as Brawl, that can't read SDHC. But Riivolution, being a homebrew program, can use SDHC on any game, even ones that can't use it normally.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Hopefully this will be helpful in some way. I am currently converting all of melee's sound effects into .wavs and organizing them by folder and naming them what I know they are. When it's done, I'll pm shanus with it.

EDIT: Just finished all of captain falcon's sounds.

D

Deleted member

I like it. I haven't taken the time to think through all the possible abuses it might have but I haven't really seen anything that would be harmful to the metagame, so until someone like M2K comes along and shows us why it's broken, I think it should stay the way it is.
Cool stuff. If it gets too broken with those good characters, there's other options like removing it from certain characters, buffing the get up attacks of weaker chars, etc.

Tech skill has always been one of my biggest weaknesses. Shaky hands runs in my family. You should see me hold out my hand and try to keep it steady, it's hilarious :laugh:
Shaky hands are a superior trait to have. Your body's natural anxiety is used to focus into physical movement abruptly such as your eyes always moving slightly even when staring into one spot.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
This is totally off topic, but, JCaesar, do you happen to have a list of the BRSTMs you have or do you mind zipping them all and putting them somewhere I can grab them? Cause you have some seriously awesome music in those vids.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hopefully this will be helpful in some way. I am currently converting all of melee's sound effects into .wavs and organizing them by folder and naming them what I know they are. When it's done, I'll pm shanus with it.

EDIT: Just finished all of captain falcon's sounds.
we were actually doing a project like that. that will likely be very helpful in the future.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Great, I'll be working as fast as I can to get them done. If you would like, I can send them as I complete a group of sounds. I have work today, so I won't be able to continue this until around 6 pm or so. Hopefully I can get all of the sfx done within the next week or so.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Shaky hands are a superior trait to have. Your body's natural anxiety is used to focus into physical movement abruptly such as your eyes always moving slightly even when staring into one spot.
I'm not sure exactly what that means, but ok, haha

This is totally off topic, but, JCaesar, do you happen to have a list of the BRSTMs you have or do you mind zipping them all and putting them somewhere I can grab them? Cause you have some seriously awesome music in those vids.
Hmm, I just checked and I have over a gig of brstms (all of which I made and edited myself btw), so it would take a looong time to upload, but if I get a chance I will. If there are any specific songs you want I can probably point you in the direction of the mp3.

Revven

FrankerZ
i found it very interesting comparing these two videos

Project M - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13v_zQG1FQ&feature=related

Melee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHOQhSaw4oo&feature=related

it seems Project M still lacks the speed of Melee....
....and ofcourse the camera

this post was just me thinking out loud, not necessarily towards devs or anything
Watching and speculating versus actually playing and feeling it are two totally different things. You have to play it to feel how really fast it is.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol i love this thread....u can't say anything without getting flamed :p

@smk

i have to disagree with you here.....if something looks faster, it probably is faster. Plus I never said P:M was slow to begin with, just maybe not at Melee's speed yet (notice i said "yet".....i been here since page 1, i know it's alpha! )

@spam arrows

yea thx......i can tell the difference between a fox and a falcon, But i wasn't necessarily talking about character speeds. more like the "over all" speed of the game (which can consist of physics, landing lag (L-cancels), hitlag, duration of moves,teching, tech roll speeds etc.)

understand that i love and fully support this project. Theres nothing wrong with criticizing it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I know I know I was just Johning relax.

Also your right. Its cool to criticize the project because its incomplete. I think once they implement the new physics it should look and feel slightly faster.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yea thx......i can tell the difference between a fox and a falcon, But i wasn't necessarily talking about character speeds. more like the "over all" speed of the game (which can consist of physics, landing lag (L-cancels), hitlag, duration of moves,teching, tech roll speeds etc.)
I think most of those are already frame-perfectly matched to Melee. If anything is making it look slower, it's probably either the camera or animations or other cosmetic stuff, or the fact that people aren't playing P:M on the same level as Melee yet.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Would it be of use if I were to make a list of the sfx file names and what they correlate to in melee or has this already been done?

Also, will you be recreating ganon's melee win animation where he spins his sword twice and then puts in the ground? Would it be possible to create a code that when you L+R+A+Start on any menu that it takes you to the main menu?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Yeah, Brawl's camera feels really zoomed out. Which I guess is better in some cases... but melee camera stays focused on the action which instantly makes it superior. I also think people would appreciate brawl graphics more with melee cam because there really is a lot of detail.

Also, any chance of the stadium used in the beginning of SSE being used as a stage? It would make a good neutral stage to replace hanenbow with.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the sse stadium is basically ps2 with no switching isnt it?

i think if they could replace every stage with something playable that'd be really cool. or at least the ********, unplayable ones like big blue and the like.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I feel that Brawl's camera is incredibly sensitive to vertical differences in that it leaves a lot of excess space above and below characters if just one player, say, jumps (interestingly enough, I don't believe this was tested in the camera comparison). Melee's camera kept more leniency left to right but still kept the excess vertical space to a minimum which was perfect for the close-to-the-ground combos. Brawl's makes stage camera boundaries look incredibly large when it's really unnecessary.

And yes, SSE stadium is essentially that maybe with some size differences.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I'm also pretty sure the SSE Stadium also has no platforms, so while it looks similar to pokemon stadium, It would play more like FD.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Would it be of use if I were to make a list of the sfx file names and what they correlate to in melee or has this already been done?
No one's doing this yet but I'll handle it myself since it needs to match Brawl ID's and whatnot. Thanks for the offer, though.

Also, will you be recreating ganon's melee win animation where he spins his sword twice and then puts in the ground?
Maybe eventually?

Would it be possible to create a code that when you L+R+A+Start on any menu that it takes you to the main menu?
Probably, but it would be an ASM code and ASM coders are in high demand for other things.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So is Ganondorf's Project M moveset going to be tied to his vertex hack? I'm in the minority and I think there was a debate about this a long time ago, but I like TP/Brawl Dorf over OoT/Melee Dorf. It's obviously not a deal breaker (it's not like a follow smash hacking anymore anyway) but I'm just wondering.

Thanks. The project looks to be coming along well. Too bad by the time it comes out I'll have a big boy job and all my Smash friends won't live by me. :(

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I hate to sound annoying but how many melee characters are finished (or can be finished with perfect melee physics) at this point?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Textures will be an optional extra, as they should be. They're easy to swap in and out and don't affect gameplay.

Vertex hacks however cannot be optional. They change gameplay. So they either need to be in or out.

My personal opinion is that Melee vertex hacks should be the standard for certain characters. I think in general the people supporting this game would prefer the Melee models on characters like Ganon and the spacies.

Thanks. The project looks to be coming along well. Too bad by the time it comes out I'll have a big boy job and all my Smash friends won't live by me. :(
I never let that stop me from going to a tourney nearly every weekend :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom