• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
LOLOLOL! 2 months ago this thread was having the SAME EXACT discussion over the SAME EXACT moves. I think I was the one who started it too :chuckle: Lemme see if I can find the page...

Zilactic

Smash Cadet
LOL random post.
how bout you just change his utilt animation to ganons melee taunt? explosion right after the thrust!

that'd be full of win.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how about we stop making changes to him? he's already capable of winning, especially now that you are giving him unnecessary buffs and making sheik worse
the only difference between melee 'dorf and projectm dorf is sideb and the punch at the end of up-b which may or may not be staying.

sheik isn't very much work from melee.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well you underestimate just how much of an effect having the most edgeguardable recovery in the game had on ganons placement

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Glad to hear the wind's gone, it was annoying. Besides, it has nothing to do with the stage being a counter-pick, so, from a competitive perspective, it's not necessary.
true but it's just another thing that makes the stage awesome, like the fly guys on yoshi's stoy

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Ya know. I wouldn't mind the shy guys or wind if they were just effects/details and not capable of messing with the match.

Actually, I never minded them at all. But I could see the small but still there effect they can have on matches.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
how about we stop making changes to him? he's already capable of winning, especially now that you are giving him unnecessary buffs and making sheik worse
We aren't making Sheik worse on purpose. It's really how effective DI is in Brawl that makes her relatively worse,

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The only real nerf to Sheik that I saw was DThrow so that it wasn't such a stupid move on half the cast like it was in NTSC Melee. Otherwise, it looks like almost all of Sheik's moves have been restored including the *****-slapping Fair.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Jiggs and MK imo are the only characters that may needs any specific nerfs. Jiggs only prolly being her bair hitbox slightly reduced (Mabye Rest power as well) and MK a few random little things.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
the hitbox on the shadow shoryuken is a bit outside of the actual fist, which bothers me. well, that's a balance thing.

i'd watch out with the jigg's nerfs though. for a character as good as she is, you don't see many in her corner...though teams with her are pretty bull****

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can only see very minute things being toned down on Jigglypuff like the mentioned very slightly reduced range on Bair (it's disjointed for God's sake) and raising the kill range on Rest just a smidgen. She still retains everything that makes her near-impossible to edgeguard (remove *near* if you know how to actually play Jiggs) and very difficult to recover against.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I personally think the punch at the end of Dorf's UpB should stay, but as Stero said, it NEEDS a nerf on the hitbox, it's WAY too big. I'm glad the wind is gone on DL, it messed me up sometimes, but I really like yoshi's shy guys. Also on yoshi's, the stage seems to need some serious resizing, but im sure GW is onto it already :lick:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't really care whether the wind stays or not in DL64. The only thing it did was slightly mess me up when I was in the middle of something.

Ganondorf should keep the hit on the end of his up-b, but it should be much weaker and smaller.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't like Puff but I feel her Bair isn't that big a deal. Puff is still beatable if you spam bairs. It's the fear of god rest that needs to be changed. for the most part everyone dies from rests at 0-25%. Kinda stupid. Should be moved to 50-75% Even if that means editing the time puff remains asleep afterwards I think it would be worth it.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think it's funny people are debating the idea to nerf her Bair range when it was already nerfed when Brawl came out and that's the Bair she has in P:M (except with Melee hitbox KB and angles and stuff).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't like Puff but I feel her Bair isn't that big a deal. Puff is still beatable if you spam bairs. It's the fear of god rest that needs to be changed. for the most part everyone dies from rests at 0-25%. Kinda stupid. Should be moved to 50-75% Even if that means editing the time puff remains asleep afterwards I think it would be worth it.
Rest does not kill anyone at 0%. And no, it should not be weaker. The point of rest is to be an insanely powerful move that has a HORRIBLE hitbox and TONS of lag (like 2 seconds of lag) if you wiff it. That's the point of it. I guess if you wanted to nerf it you could somehow edit the invincibility at the beginning.

Kaizo, melee jiggz bair was too good. They're just toning it down a bit.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
i love how everyone says jiggs' rest/bair is too good.

let me fix that for you: MANGO/HBOX/DARC using jiggs' rest and bair is too good. for the other 99.8% of the community, it's fine the way it is.

G

genkaku

Haha, I was just about to say
it's not like any of us is ****** as puff. A nerf of any kind is unnecessary and unwelcome.
Personally, I would like to see Bair restored. My melee puff can't translate to Brawl at all because it throws my spacing off completely.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Right now she doesn't have it, not sure if that's going to change but give me one god forsaken reason why she needs it and not just because you want it or because it was in Melee.
The dev team said that they were faithfully recreating all the top/high tier characters, including all their strengths, and mainly only making big changes to lower tier characters who need help. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), no other high tier characters have had anything nerfed because it was "too good", and this is only being done because of a personal (and unwarranted) bias against Jigglypuff.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Right now she doesn't have it, not sure if that's going to change but give me one god forsaken reason why she needs it and not just because you want it or because it was in Melee.
ok because it was an important part of her game in melee, sure she's a gay little puffball but it's her most effective tactic for spacing. why the **** are you nerfing melee characters now though?
weren't the top tiers supposed to be exact recreations?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think it's funny people are debating the idea to nerf her Bair range when it was already nerfed when Brawl came out and that's the Bair she has in P:M (except with Melee hitbox KB and angles and stuff).
Someone told me they were bringing it back and I was advising against it :(

And Jiggs is a lil OP, but imo nothing but Rest really needs to be nerfed.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me they were bringing it back and I was advising against it :(

And Jiggs is a lil OP, but imo nothing but Rest really needs to be nerfed.
no she isn't
3 players have taken her to the top
and they/jiggs can be and have been beaten
shut up
no need at all for nerfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom