• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh yeah I hear that they're totally re-doing the soundtrack for all stages on this. melee-style remixes and everything. it's gonna be tight.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
oh yeah I hear that they're totally re-doing the soundtrack for all stages on this. melee-style remixes and everything. it's gonna be tight.
How the hell can you classify a remix as "melee-style"?
Unless you mean the songs that were remixed on melee are on the stages that makes absolutely no sense. Melee's remixes weren't remixed to a set standard as far as i know. They were just remixed.

-feedingthetroll-

Eh.. disregard everything i said e.e

stingers

Smash Obsessed
did you like paranoia agent? eh I felt like it was all over the place too much. couldn't really follow it. though I only saw bits and pieces of it over the years on adult swim, never really sat down and watched it.

=/

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Gotta love the topics at hand. I see now that nothing important/relevant to anything is going on and it's exactly like a week ago. Be back in a few days i suppose. Peace.

G

genkaku

Ooh, new avatar.
So what have you been doing Dant? There are those of us who would appreciate updates. Show us your news.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Looks like another person to add to my ignore list.

That's a little sad to hear Dant, but I understand.

Didn't someone make a DK64 stage already??

Edit: As far as Jiggs goes, the only thing that should be done to nerf her is to have rest KO at 40% instead of <20%.

Edit2: The coloring being off may have something to do with Brawl's lighting.

Rikana

Smash Champion
When did I ever say counterpick? And name me one other stage that has the neutral layout with ledges like that.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
just saying the scrub ledges served no tactical value they were just there to annoy people lol.
Are you serious? The "Scrub ledges" have the greatest tactical value of any current neutrals imo anyways. It's an option limiter in terms of recovery. Most recovery shenanigans are unusable not to mention characters like Fox lose the ability to wall ride. They have to recover straight up or they are gonna die. How can that be of no tactical value? Or were you just joking?

iLink

Smash Champion
The ledges also serve for mewtwo getting lolzy gimps with his ability to pull you through the stage.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can Marth still use the vertical spacing technique in P:M like he could in Brawl? Or has footstooling been removed?
Footstooling hasn't been removed, it's just been remapped to the utaunt button (which with unrestricted control editing you can move it to an unused jump button). So whatever you're talking about can still be done.

Anyway main reason why I'm posting is because SmashMac is gonna have another stream real soon so here's the link and the pass again: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/p-m-smashmac

Password: smaymaypm2

Edit: By the time you see this post the stream may have started already or ended.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
i jus played project m...its kinda coo...but i noticed alot of lag in between moves...for example: fox d-throw to Jab....it takes him forrrr ever to throw a jab after the throw...is he gonna stay like that or is there still sum tweekin on him? and yes i no its not gonna be a spitin image of melee and u can only do so much tweekin....BUT I MUST SAY I PLAYED LUCARIO AND OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.... his wavedash and wavelandin is PERFECT...to me lucario movement is amazing...all in all game is lookin good

Revven

FrankerZ
Throws in general have to be looked at in a case by case basis. Right now, no character's throws have been ported from Melee (with the exception of Peach and Captain Falcon) due to how Brawl handles throws differently from Melee so anything that may seem off is because we haven't looked at it much. Remember, when you play the game you're playing an unfinished product so everything is subject to change.

So to answer your question in general, yes Fox will still need tweaking (his throws atm mainly).

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL @ "vertical spacing" technique. I see you are from GFAQs, 'cause the only name by which it is called on Smashboards is what the command is: Footstool -> DAir

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So is the camera gonna be reworked to be like Melee's? That was one of my favorite things about Melee, especially how the camera shook violently when someone got smashed hard off the stage, it just added intensity.

Also, is Link going to keep his Gale boomerang or is it going to be changed back to Melee's? Both his rang and arrows seem pretty useless, maybe if he could aim his arrows in any direction and when the hit they'd be like a juggle move to chain some combos together even though aiming them right would be incredibly difficult. Maybe have a button press to activate the wind on the boomerang(side-B again?) I know terrible suggestions, I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Well, they weren't bad suggestions at all...but aside from the camera suggestion (which I agree with; melee's camera was intense) they have all just been discussed on this thread before. Lurk up dood. :p:p:p

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Also, is Link going to keep his Gale boomerang or is it going to be changed back to Melee's? Both his rang and arrows seem pretty useless, maybe if he could aim his arrows in any direction and when the hit they'd be like a juggle move to chain some combos together even though aiming them right would be incredibly difficult. Maybe have a button press to activate the wind on the boomerang(side-B again?) I know terrible suggestions, I probably shouldn't have said anything.
My goal for Link includes a boomerang relatively similar to Melee's, with a bit of 64 mixed in. Part of the boomerang problem is that if Link doesn't catch it, it takes forever for it to "respawn" to Link so that he can throw it again. Just yesterday I did the checked timing in Melee to fix that issue.

The arrows have a lot higher gravity in Melee, allowing you to disrupt some people attempting to recover low. That's another thing I'm going to implement, but they're going to charge faster, so you have a wider range of use/angles without attempting the coding terror that would be an angled bow.

Keep in mind this is for a testbed build that I'm working on independently, and there's a chance not all of my ideas will be incorporated in the final product.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, there's also the fact that Fox and Falco can't ride the side of the stage like they can on Dreamland or FD to change the timing needed to edgeguard their recovery or to dodge simple counter edgeguards.

Without those, onstage edgeguarding becomes EVEN EASIER. The platform layout is obviously most important though.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
From the looks of the video sneak found it doesn't seem like the ledges would bone the spacies too hard... but you are still vulnerable to getting hit away if you over shoot the ledge before you can fast fall.

LOL @ "vertical spacing" technique. I see you are from GFAQs, 'cause the only name by which it is called on Smashboards is what the command is: Footstool -> DAir
Sorry I'm new to smashboards, and no, I'm not from "GFAQs", I heard about it from a friend and looked it up on smash wiki.

Hanzeen

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to make the stages smaller? An issue with some of my friends about brawl is that unlike melee the characters are too big. There's barely any space on the stages to battle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom