• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j00t

Smash Champion
Have you guys fixed GnW's nair yet? That move was super ******** when I played it.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure whats been covered but peach's down smash destroys everyone it doesn't have to just be spacies or fast fallers lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
imo they should remove tv smashes, cos if both players get hit to the cieling and 1 tv smashes they lose even if they mighta died later if it were a star ko
imo ceiling KOs above 100% but below 130% should be TV, anything above 131% should be stars.

if anything, the fact that they're random should be removed simply for removing the random chance that both people or both teams get ceiling KO'd at the same time, the winning person/team isnt decided by chance. -_-

That or slow down the TV KO/speed up the Star KO to be the same as the other.

G

genkaku

imo they should remove tv smashes, cos if both players get hit to the cieling and 1 tv smashes they lose even if they mighta died later if it were a star ko
Actually, when is this even going to happen?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I just had the privelidge to try out the current version of this, and I spent most of my time playing young/toon link. There's obviously a bit of controversy over having to mash two different characters together, and I understand that. I just want to help combine two parts and not make those parts clash horribly.

I play young link in melee, and I think the most defining aspect of young link is his projectiles. They rock up damage and are meant to combo into other attacks. You added a lot of young links attacks that those projectiles combo into, but the current toon link projectiles don't do that the same way that young link's do. The arrows especially feel weird with the current moveset. They're slow and straight, menaing easy to avoid, and don't do the right thing when they hit. The bombs don't get thrown as far as they do in melee, and I don't see how making his throwing range better can be a bad thing. His boomerang felt a little weird, but there are a million weird melee properties to it. I guess I felt fine with how it handled for the most part.

I know that you have to cater to toon link too, but projectiles were major to young link's game, and without them a lot of his attacks lose half their viability because they can't be comboed into. I don't know what toon links feel about this, but that's just my standpoint from young link's perspective.
This x192412

From my experience with brawl, I can certainly tell you TL's projectiles are complete trash when compared to YL's(Personal opinion. But a lot of people would agree with me).

It might be easier to just list all of the weird Young Link projectile stuff for them, seeing as how most players are not familiar with Young Link at all. Would this help guys?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This x192412

From my experience with brawl, I can certainly tell you TL's projectiles are complete trash when compared to YL's(Personal opinion. But a lot of people would agree with me).

It might be easier to just list all of the weird Young Link projectile stuff for them, seeing as how most players are not familiar with Young Link at all. Would this help guys?
I also support this.

TL?

Smash Ace
I like TL's projectiles. I might be wrong here but I almost never see YL's bow put to good use. He seems to be all about bombs and boomerang.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
He should definitely keep his Brawl arrows, but the boomerang needs more speed and control on it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Have you guys fixed GnW's nair yet? That move was super ******** when I played it.
Yeah, turns out we had the hitbox out for 15 frames when it was supposed to only be out for 10 (like in Melee). It's fixed now.

Unless you mean the animation glitch. We're still working on that one...

imo ceiling KOs above 100% but below 130% should be TV, anything above 131% should be stars.

if anything, the fact that they're random should be removed simply for removing the random chance that both people or both teams get ceiling KO'd at the same time, the winning person/team isnt decided by chance. -_-

That or slow down the TV KO/speed up the Star KO to be the same as the other.
I'll agree with that.

Revven

FrankerZ
That looks a lot better than your Melee Fox (which by the way I wish you'd fix his nose area). But, I'd still much rather you finish YS or Melee FD before doing anymore Melee-esque models.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i send it to mewtwo_2000 to fix glitchs and collisions !
he will send it back to me on friday ( i think ) !

cause he have exams D:

Revven

FrankerZ
There's really not much different between Melee Samus and Brawl Samus other than the shoulder pads... and the color, which there's already a Melee Samus texture on SWF if you look hard enough. Plus, with the models being resized she doesn't look as big or whatever as she did in Brawl...

In other words, there's not much different to justify a model change.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I doubt this would be considered, but have you guys looked at implementing Samus' super sexy 64 Bair? Or is her air game already sufficient enough? Honestly, I've felt that Bair is just not that useful and I end up using Nair more when I went to kill with an aerial.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
What is the stance/tolerance on chain grabs? Seems like space animals/fast fallers still get chained by pika till about 50% with forward throw.

Revven

FrankerZ
What is the stance/tolerance on chain grabs? Seems like space animals/fast fallers still get chained by pika till about 50% with forward throw.
Pika forward throw (and all throws in general) have remained unchanged right now (except a select few) so there's no real defined stance on it yet because throws (in Brawl) are generally ******** and don't work right compared to Melee.

Phew, you guys ask a lot of questions.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Her Bair is perfectly fine the way it is, it has Melee KB so it is plenty useful if you hit with the sweetspot.
Excellent. I felt like even sweetspotting it in Brawl+ was a joke compared to a fresh Nair which came out near-instantly and was much safer.

DaAnimeKidTooch

Smash Cadet
do they have any gameplay of toon link out yet?,i have been wondering how he is in p:m,a melee toon link,a copy of young link,are a mixture of both

edit:or a mixture of both,grammar error :p

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Pika forward throw (and all throws in general) have remained unchanged right now (except a select few) so there's no real defined stance on it yet because throws (in Brawl) are generally ******** and don't work right compared to Melee.

Phew, you guys ask a lot of questions.
You're awesome for the rapid fire responses :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
do they have any gameplay of toon link out yet?,i have been wondering how he is in p:m,a melee toon link,a copy of young link,are a mixture of both

edit:or a mixture of both,grammar error :p
He's a hybrid, but I think a ton of things about him are WIP.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
There's really not much different between Melee Samus and Brawl Samus other than the shoulder pads... and the color, which there's already a Melee Samus texture on SWF if you look hard enough. Plus, with the models being resized she doesn't look as big or whatever as she did in Brawl...

In other words, there's not much different to justify a model change.
Oh, ok. My bad.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly it was Strong Bad who asked GameWatching to make the Melee DK.

Still, I think it would be cool if every veteran character had an optional melee outfit that replaced one of their non-team releated color swaps sometime down the road. (With the exception of Pikachu because he only has 4)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I really hate the way Brawl Kirby looks. Do you think you could work on making a Melee Kirby next please?

:laugh:

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I heard the greatest Project in this section of Brawl discussion found a way to crack the Melee .iso :O

what stuff were craked out? only the characters attributes?

how further would craking the .iso be helpful?

and can hitboxes be found if further research been done?

if all that could be figured out, perfect top tiers, high and middle tiers can truly return, and low tiers can keep their good stuff and get buffed to match some others.

Great Work Project M Staff :)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
They ported all the melee character physics 100% from cracking **** from Melee. :V

They play identical gravity/physics wise and the only reason they'd feel off is because of landing detection.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If I remember correctly it was Strong Bad who asked GameWatching to make the Melee DK.

Still, I think it would be cool if every veteran character had an optional melee outfit that replaced one of their non-team releated color swaps sometime down the road. (With the exception of Pikachu because he only has 4)
I think it's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom