• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
That's our Strong Bad, PR guru :p

Anyways, expect a livestream tonight or possibly even earlier. Thunderhorse, Waffle, and me. I'll be unveiling the new ROB (special thanks to Eldiran and Shell for making it work).
****! I just changed my undies...now I gotta change em all over again.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
So ROB is finalized? Or is this one just a possible final version? I assume he still needs tweaking or.. something.

Revven

FrankerZ
No... he's not finalized. There's a reason why we say everything is subject to change, because we're not sure if things will stay the way they are or if our ideas are actually good or not.

OverLade

Smash Hero
There's also a project M side tourney at ESAM's Zero Ping in South Florida. Nicaboy/FlaminRoy as well as brawl players like Seibrik and Nick Riddle will prolly be entering. Get sorta hype.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Solely-Brawl players will usually just play Brawl. There are some exceptions but I don't expect a lot of them to transfer over. Maybe the ones that get tired of Brawl would as this one has an online feature.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Solely-Brawl players will usually just play Brawl. There are some exceptions but I don't expect a lot of them to transfer over. Maybe the ones that get tired of Brawl would as this one has an online feature.
Thats not entirely true. There are some people who chose to stick with brawl simply because they felt that experienced players that were always on the cutting edge of Melee's ever changing metagame would always beat them. The played brawl not because it was easier but because they felt like it was a chance get to the top first. Some former mediocre/...not so good melee players are now top 20 Brawl players in their respective regions as a result. However the lack of respect for being a top brawl player compared to top melee player still gets under their skin. They may see this game as a chance to once again start fresh and get to the top first again. This time getting the respect they feel alludes them. Those group of people will surely appreciate a project like this when its released.

There's also a project M side tourney at ESAM's Zero Ping in South Florida. Nicaboy/FlaminRoy as well as brawl players like Seibrik and Nick Riddle will prolly be entering. Get sorta hype.
I thought closed beta meant no tournaments.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Seibrik, Nick Riddle, and ESAM all played Melee, playing Sheik, Bowser/Link and Samus respectively. They were all actually pretty well known.

You should keep in mind that a huge percentage of brawl players DID PLAY melee and would enjoy it if it was brought back. The label "brawl player" is just a cliche used by Melee players when the games aren't even really that different, just Melee requires more of EVERYTHING.

edit:
There's no money involved btw.

Rikana

Smash Champion
@spamarrows: lol obviously you're not entirely sure. That's why I used probability words. Some people probably play the game just for money as well if it gets mainstream. Its just sad that MLG would never accept this kind of mod to run as their games. It would attract so many more players.

------------------

Hope to catch some nice stuff tonight on the live stream. I've been getting back into my Melee game. I got back my tech skills yeayuhz. Its actually good to take a long break from Melee 'cause you lose the bad habits that you once had and you sort of have to relearn new things. By doing so, you allow yourself to expand and perform other adv. techs.

Edit: @RedHalberd: Ah, I never knew that. I guess I was never really fond of those characters besides Germ and Aniki as Link, and Hugs and Wes as Samus. My mindset back then was quite closed.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
No... he's not finalized. There's a reason why we say everything is subject to change, because we're not sure if things will stay the way they are or if our ideas are actually good or not.
Ya, i figured that. I kinda phrased the question badly and made it sound ********. My bad. But that answered it anyway.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Beta testing on project M seems like impossible to people who wants to encourage them selves to become better at a game, or to try if they like it.

I'm not a known players and people who are not known well are likely to not be accepted so easyly unless they prove they have the skills and the knowledge, so they might have bigger chances

I quitted the smash scene when I was getting a ton better, came back in after brawlplus V 5.0 came along, quitted again on may 2010, since Puerto Rico smash scene began to go down.

then on August I applied to be beta tester or coder, as my hacking experience over moveswapping and PSA grew alot with great interests, and I was not taken since I needed recent video matches of me doing good, or not being a scrub at all. I had no evidence proving I'm good, nor to be a skilled player.

To my understanding, beta testing is not supposed to be 100% to players that have played other games on the same genre or that are good playing games. It is to people that are interested and that wish to grow on that game once it's released.

I applied to Final Fantasy XIV MMORPG, Square Enix is a big thing, and I also thought, if Project M Team did not take me, prolly SE won't do the same way. I was amazed that in less than an hour I was taken as a beta tester, felt so good ROFL's.

But project m has more enphasis on players skills that sometimes people might want to try it to hype others such as friends and you know where I'm going. I will now wait lol, for someone good near me to apply as beta tester and that *crossfingers* has recent videos and showing promise and skill along the way, I need to try this set, to really make notes on my head, and start practicing, I want to get a comeback on the smash scene.

I wish people luck on applying :D.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you're not a decently known pro player, and you don't have some significant amounts of developing experience that we could use, there's not much of a reason to allow you into PMBR, basically. We're not trying to be jerks, we're just trying to get a team together where everybody has their place. :p I'm not a pro, so I don't comment very much on character balance issues or general gameplay feedback, I just make stuff and get told what to do. ;)

Gea

Smash Master
To be fair, many "pro" players are dumb as **** when it comes to making logical choices and discussion about the game... they just play the game extremely well. Though I guess also to be fair many of them aren't interested in applying so the point is sort of moot.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
If you're not a decently known pro player, and you don't have some significant amounts of developing experience that we could use, there's not much of a reason to allow you into PMBR, basically. We're not trying to be jerks, we're just trying to get a team together where everybody has their place. :p I'm not a pro, so I don't comment very much on character balance issues or general gameplay feedback, I just make stuff and get told what to do. ;)
I'm cool, no problem shadic XD

I'm not so mature, but I'm 21 years old and I need to get mature >.<

so, I'm cool with it, I was just pointing stuff.

I was good before the release date of Smash bros. brawl, I was getting always top 5 on any tourney I was going. I could match the top Puerto Rico players in some way, but I never thought I was up to their toes, I was just new to tourneys, I had like, 5-9 months playing in tourneys and always ended in the top 5

now what can I say to myself, I'm not good now, toooooo rusty, but I was like that after I quitted melee when brawl was released, then I plyed brawl plus, yeah brawl+ can't be compared and I do know that as I experienced both to a high level once (never tourneys for B+) and when I dedicated months of playing, I re-learned what I lost from melee, and began to be good at smash again on the Brawlplus scene.

Project M, I would be totally rusty as with fox now XD In melee I fought CPU and on my frist attempt, I did a waveshine to Upsmash with no drawbacks, it was well done, I feel slow in melee, but it's just time to train and get better, thats a nice thing if you know/knew the game, and you become rusty, you can re-learn what you already know fast, but timmings might be tighter, but it happens.

well, hope Project M come before Final Fantasy XIV PS3 lol, thats on March 2011.

EDIT:

Mmmmm Final Fantasy 14 looks so hardcore even if people enjoy the offline FF's I enjoy a wide world that I can enjoy with people around the world.

This is sooooooo out of topic >.>...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, that post was kinda directed at everybody applying as well. :p I wasn't just trying to call you worthless or anything. :laugh:

But you'd be amazed at how many people try and apply with "Well, I'm not very good.. But I guess I could learn Brawlbox or PSA or something.."

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that post was kinda directed at everybody applying as well. :p I wasn't just trying to call you worthless or anything. :laugh:

But you'd be amazed at how many people try and apply with "Well, I'm not very good.. But I guess I could learn Brawlbox or PSA or something.."
Yah, I also saw posts like that too.

I have psa experience, but, one 3 projects, one not so very creative, one sort of ok, and one with some unique stuff, but that are also simple.

Well, next stream, I wish I can see it, to see this new R.O.B I have been hearing in the last 2 pages.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Personally, given that PM will have the capability to add new characters and there are plans to bring back Mewtwo and Roy, why not at least try to add a couple original characters, i.e. Shadow, Gray Fox, Little Mac. Even characters like Lloyd would be interesting to have included. I know that there are those who would be absolutely revolted at this suggestion, but personally having new characters to screw around with would essentially turn this from Melee 2.0 to SSB 3.75. While it would add to development time, overall I think it would be worth it.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Personally, given that PM will have the capability to add new characters and there are plans to bring back Mewtwo and Roy, why not at least try to add a couple original characters, i.e. Shadow, Gray Fox, Little Mac. Even characters like Lloyd would be interesting to have included. I know that there are those who would be absolutely revolted at this suggestion, but personally having new characters to screw around with would essentially turn this from Melee 2.0 to SSB 3.75. While it would add to development time, overall I think it would be worth it.
they haven't been able to make all melee characters the way they were, and even using tethers on the wall is not possible atm, why would they want to make such characters if they are way to busy figuring out what stuff are missing from melee.

Mewtwo and Roy would sure be more easy to finish than those you just mentioned. Brawl characters are also tend to fit to melee physics and action, lets wait, and also, even if adding characters could be possible by that time, none of these would be officially added to the main hack/game. Those would tend to be download contect which might not be on the tourney events and or competitive scene.

try not to rush on the with something less important than bringing whats missing.

EDIT:

also, I haven't heard of anything related to bringing back mewtwo or roy :s, they have made codesets for them, but personally, if they want to add them, they haven't say anything important about em in the OP

all in the OP is what they are focusing in, the fallen 5 are not one of those things. Developer (misspelled >.>) interested in bringing them back once this project is done, will sure try to bring them back to life for Download content.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Considering that Dant is working on the clone engine right now and that .pac's for Roy and Mewtwo ALREADY EXIST, it would be wasteful not to use them. Most people wouldn't even care if they were imbalanced and sucked, as long as they're THERE.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Although they already exist they are all a long ways from the standards of quality we hold for PM characters, so it's not just a matter of 'throwing them in there.'

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i missed it too =(

was anything recorded/saved? there seems to be a lack of footage recently D:

Raqib

Smash Cadet
I'd be happy to do weekly recordings *COUGH*
Yes, me too, I remember when I did a live show of Shadic's Geno when he beat me and told me to stream it *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*

Doesn't work like that, bro.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, many "pro" players are dumb as **** when it comes to making logical choices and discussion about the game... they just play the game extremely well. Though I guess also to be fair many of them aren't interested in applying so the point is sort of moot.
Are you just making stuff up? or trolling?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ok I'll say it.

Samus needs Missile Upgrades. It makes no sense that her weapons can be chopped away so easily with no damage at all by primative weapons and her charge shot can be stopped by 1 needle. It's bull**** and I'm sick of cheating Samus players that are overall probably better than me. :laugh:

don't pay attention to me i'm drinknig :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom