• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
What about the Yo-yo Glitch?

I have been out for long, came back, and haven't seen thru last pages nothing about ness.

Yo-yo glitch to my understanding on PSA knowledge can be created, not that I'm 100% sure how to re-create it, but, lucario hitting ness charging upsmash with an aura sphere makes yo-yo stay out, so, adding bit variables or RA-Basic could make the Yo-yo glitch live again

just throwing this out, not a ness user, but I know someone in puerto rico that amazed me once with the use of the Yo-yo glitch :)
Pretty sure it has already been said that it's not coming back.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
understood, this is the last time I bring this lol

last time I brought it was like... January 2009 XD

I prolly will get to play P:M for like 30 minutes next week... hopefully I will not suck at playing the codeset virgin to my fingers XD

Gonna go all the way jigglypuff and fox, and prolly Bowser just for trying him.

EDIT]

I wish I could play it longer... but dunno... I have stuff to do, so I cannot play it for a long string

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Wasn't Sirlin the guy who butchered the Brawl ruleset at EVO a few years back?

2-minute timer by default in Brawl was a terrible idea to begin with. I've never met anyone who doesn't change it. Then again, stranger flukes were made in Brawl ... (tripping)
Actually, there's no default rules in smash, as the game don't force you to play this way and every single player mode uses different rules, there's no default rules.

2 min, items on is just a random rule displayed to be changed or not because the developers couldn't know which rule the player wants. Or esle people would be able to play without rules lol.

Anyway, inevitabily Low Tiers will exist, but it's possible for those low tiers to be viable, just not being as good as the higher tiers.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
wat

default rules are the rules that are automatically set into place upon boot of a game until you are allowed to change said settings and SAVE settings.

If there were no default settings, the game would ask you for settings upon boot.

G

genkaku

I'ma gonna post now, 'cause even though I have nothing to contribute to a groundless discussion, for some reason I feel compelled to defend my honor and have the last word.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, that's what I thought you were talking about.

But yeah, P:M is definitely improving some factors. For one, every character can grab the ledge backwards at the end of their Up B's and characters who had piss-poor shields (G&W comes to mind) are getting improvements if Brawl didn't already help those shields out.
Yeah, not being able to grab the ledge backwards was always the number one thing i hated about melee.

We know Melee isn't perfect and we aren't replicating it 1:1
Yeah i know, that's what i was saying. :/ or trying to say

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
But if every character can grab ledges backwards, that Mario's cape will still remain as a non ledge-guarding move. Would it?
Characters can grab the ledge backwards only at the end of their Up B's, aka when sweetspotting.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
wat

default rules are the rules that are automatically set into place upon boot of a game until you are allowed to change said settings and SAVE settings.

If there were no default settings, the game would ask you for settings upon boot.
I was referring to the default rules meaning "that's the standard way of play", not the "technical" meaning of the thing.

Maybe better words in my post would be "there's no default way of play in smash, the set rules upon boot are not meant to be the 'real' way to play smash by the developers". It would make it less ambiguous.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
actually I made a post about mario's cape with some characters returns like back somewhere in the 880 pages i think. But sadly I don't think it was ever covered as well as my question with Lucas.

My question of mario's cape was actually a ledge inquestion problem with some characters such as Falcon with all due respect to his epicness to somehow sometimes if your mario and you cape on the ledge that falcon I know for a fact grab the ledge from the inside. I noticed this happen alot in B+(R.I.P.) so I asked if it was fixed due to it was weird looking.

My question for lucas was simple does he still maintain his Tether for part of his alternative recovery?

Back grabs for ledges out of UpB's = Ftw

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how can it be your opinion whether or not we've done taunt canceling?
i'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom