• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
don't you guys have lives? like, you guys could always be hyped later. like when the game is out and people are playing it and you're all hyped to play it a ton.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, please don't. Those side projects are in no way indicative of the work we've been putting into the core project.

Roy needs a lot of animation and hitbox polish before he would be ready, and Mewtwo needs its tail bones fixed and nearly every animation rebuilt... not exactly the level of quality we want to portray in our videos.
yeah, you're right. sorry :ohwell:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, life jokes/insults on the internet.
it's like i'm really on 4chan.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it's like your just here too flame and laugh at people. you could have easily just kept your mouth shut.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Everyone play nice, please.

In other news, Magus has completed some major Marth tweaks with a little help from Camelot and myself.

Including, but not limited to, many animation and IASA polishes, Up-B reverse hitbox fixes, Side-B animation fixes, Side-B momentum now works like Melee, Melee Sheild breaker, and more. Marth mains rejoice.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
my bad shell

but hey that's great news. Marth sounds almost complete with all those updates. how are hitboxes? and all throws need work right?

and relating to "side-b momentum"....can you side-b stall while falling now? (IIRC you can't do so in Brawl)

btw how did the ledge grabbing reach editing go?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Most of his hitboxes are in good shape. His throws, like everyone's, need work.

Ledge grab editing is still in progress.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
oh, life jokes/insults on the internet.
it's like i'm really on 4chan.
I'm not really insulting you guys, I'm just trying to understand why some people seem to watch this thread 24/7 for whatever reason, as if at any time we could release this game.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Everyone play nice, please.

In other news, Magus has completed some major Marth tweaks with a little help from Camelot and myself.

Including, but not limited to, many animation and IASA polishes, Up-B reverse hitbox fixes, Side-B animation fixes, Side-B momentum now works like Melee, Melee Sheild breaker, and more. Marth mains rejoice.
Ah cool. Should we expect a vid of newer Marth soon?

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'm just trying to understand why some people seem to watch this thread 24/7 for whatever reason, as if at any time we could release this game.
Well, there's no other way to know of the minor/major breakthroughs you guys make. The only choice pretty much is to keep up to date on this thread - which is daunting in itself.

Maybe you guys could do like Dantarion and try a Project Melee Twitter account. Something that key members of the team would be able to update. For stuff like what SHeLL just mentioned about Marth.

It wouldn't be a substitute for this thread. But it'd be a nice way to keep a low-key log of what's happening with Project M. For me, it'd sure beat the scavenger hunt that happens here when I'm not able to check the thread for a few days.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
i'll start putting some mewtwo vs. roy PSA vids out with the project m gct
hype
you know, being a **** to us when shell politely tried to ask you not to disclose information about the project is one thing, showing unfinished characters to top melee players without our knowledge is another but now discussing putting up vids of unfinished work without even asking us... you know first hand how people react to stuff that's not done. i know you just implied you wouldn't do it, but really, do u not have any sense?

anyway, i don't know how you're getting access to PM, and i want everyone to know that stingers isn't supposed to have it. we aren't sure how he's getting it, but if he ever does show footage of anything, please know that we don't approve of whatever he releases on his channel.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not really insulting you guys, I'm just trying to understand why some people seem to watch this thread 24/7 for whatever reason, as if at any time we could release this game.
There's no other way to find out whats going on. No Smashmod updates, Vids get released once every Month 1/2. Pretty soon people are gonna start kicking in PM members doors to get info. :laugh: ****ing crackheads

Almas

Smash Lord
Give me access please someone =). Also next time does a techskill, get them to use these:

1 player matches [spunit262]
0468D420 2C060001

1 team matches [spunit262]
0468D534 38600000

Although I believe the credits are misplaced; IIRC the codes were originally discovered by either eric or fred.

Oh, also. Can someone give me Memory Dumps of the 3 regions? I deleted them a while ago but I guess maybe I can do some porting work if I get these.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is Marth's ridiculously long grab range back? :OOOOOO
He's had it back for several months now...

Quick question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QKXOk5PLs&feature=sub

In this match marth's down air has like very little lag even when the L-cancel is missed and virtually none when he lands it.
<_<
>_>
it's staying like that? =D
Various characters' landing lags are off and I'm 99% sure that includes Marth as well. Take that as you will.

Stevo

Smash Champion
honestly, the fact that people DO keep checking this thread just shows how hype people are about it, even if they dont want to admit it.

remember how hype the dojo was for brawl? those are my only good memories of brawl (well, maybe the first hour or two of adventure mode in brawl on release day was kinda fun too)

Every time I see Sonic DD near halfway across Smashville to dodge something, then have time to run back and grab them in their lag, my soul brightens ever so slightly.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sonic can bair your shield and be on the other side of FD before your shieldgrab comes out.

God I hate Sonic.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Give me access please someone =). Also next time does a techskill, get them to use these:

1 player matches [spunit262]
0468D420 2C060001

1 team matches [spunit262]
0468D534 38600000

Although I believe the credits are misplaced; IIRC the codes were originally discovered by either eric or fred.

Oh, also. Can someone give me Memory Dumps of the 3 regions? I deleted them a while ago but I guess maybe I can do some porting work if I get these.
omg, I would love you for that. <3

V-K

Smash Ace
Well the reason is that you could miss a stream that the developers will never show again because they are soo funny.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Well the reason is that you could miss a stream that the developers will never show again because they are soo funny.
actually this is a good point.

I didnt check this thread for 1 day and I missed a super important stream.

It's not the end of the world I guess, but still, it makes someone want to check this thread often, for the off chance something does get shown.

pimp1469

Smash Rookie
^This! :urg:
Also... I <3 CaptainJack.
Also also... Dreamland looks beautiful! Can't wait to see finished Yoshi's Story :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think at least 1 or 2 Matches from a stream should be posted on smashmods whenever there is a stream. So people who happened to miss it get to see something.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thats an older version of DL64...

newer one:

still looking for a replacement for the base. after that, its just re-doing the textures and adding D3 to the back.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I love that, Sonic is 2 gud.

So the old Shield Breaker animation is back. If the clone engine ends up working perfectly, the Brawl animation should be given to Roy and made faster to be used often :B (that 5 second charge Flare Blade is useless anyway).

Dream Land is looking awesome so far.

I hope some video will show Sonic Moonwalk, that would be great haha

Homing Attack needs to bounce in the enemy to be able to do a instant another HA and go hitting HAs from the center of FD until the screen limits and kill with HA LOLSOBROKEN end faster and be able to cancel his Fair, Nair and Bair :D

It's me or the japanese don't like to WD in P:M? I rarely see it in they doing so in the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom