• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sheesh, backlash

anyways, just curious how you're not gonna make him garbage competitivley with him being the lightst char who also hurts itself....

and im not starting an argument, i just wanna know why put in manual L-canceling inseatd of just going in and say, getting rid of some frames off of (Ganon)'s aerials when he will be 100% L-canceling the anyways?
pretty much over 9000 people have tried to make the argument of ALR instead of l-canceling in this thread and we're sick of it. reasoning is in the 2nd post of the thread.
So which is it... (I guess I'll just believe the latter for now.)
ds22 (and several others) need to stop posting things as if they're fact, it's really pissing me off.

additionally pichu is bad because his moveset in comparison to other characters is bad. he has a decent nair, high speed, and the best normal landing lag in the game. however his approach gets locked down and/or just beaten by a lot of characters, and he isn't exactly known for his defensive game for a good reason.
i'd say that you guys should discuss something more worthwhile, but then I'd have to give a suggestion of what to talk about and I don't feel like it.

Grim: we didn't entirely ignore your post, we just don't really respond to actually good posts like that publicly and instead note them in the BR for future reference

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
So yeah I heard that you *****es were talkin about MetaKnight, so I figured I'd showcase how MK is in Melee. Watch the video Shanus posted to see how we balanced him out in Project M.
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwFYN33Pm8o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwFYN33Pm8o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
But he'd not have the same moves and stranges like Marth, would he?

If yes, he needs more combo moves.

But it looks not bad ^^!

Is the jump speed the same like in the video? (If yes, good job to the one who coded him! ;))

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
no one actually said if hes gonna be in or not. the idea has been floating around, but Roy and Mewtwo are practically confirmed. it makes it easier when the "clone" characters have very distinctive playstyles and more than "it hurts itself when it attacks"

EDIT: wow ninja'd. talking about pichu

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
60% can be (and often is) a whole stock for anyone, given the potency of edge-guarding.
You're not really disproving my point that dealing 60% to yourself in a match is actually a big deal with this comment of yours.
But whatever, it's not like I was one of those that initially said that the recoil was what made him terrible. I just found it funny that you make fun of those that did, and then ended up helping them defend their case.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Grim: we didn't entirely ignore your post, we just don't really respond to actually good posts like that publicly and instead note them in the BR for future reference
I'm glad that it was taken into consideration :D

You're not really disproving my point that dealing 60% to yourself in a match is actually a big deal with this comment of yours.
But whatever, it's not like I was one of those that initially said that the recoil was what made him terrible. I just found it funny that you make fun of those that did, and then ended up helping them defend their case.
That wasn't helping their case. I was just pointing out how Pichu doing damage to himself doesn't even matter, he'll die at any percent anyway.

JOE!

Smash Hero
meh true @ above, its just it make shim even more fragile, ya know? :p

and to end the confusion: im not arguing for ALR to be slapped on, just curious as to the reasoning

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
L canceling defines a layer of the skill barrier. its hard to get the hang of at first, but so many people nowadays understand the concept, so most smashers can just learn it.

this isn't official reasoning, this is just my opinion

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
>.> for the sake of this really annoying auto vs manual l canceling stuff, why doesn't someone make a detailed post o;n it, then we put it on like the 2'nd post or something on the first page so people can't (at least less than normal) miss it. and we can link them to it when they argue

JOE!

Smash Hero
so it's essentially there so that the haves and haves nots of the skill for it automaticlaly make their char better (or worse), instead of just making the char with said problems better?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Reason for L-Cancelling:
• Gives the game more of a Melee feel.
• Gives greater room for error, making longer combos more impressive and rewarding.
• Helps in creating a learning curve.
• Is wanted by almost all of the PMBR I assume.

JOE!

Smash Hero
right, but how is that better than simply fixing the moves that get buffed the most by it?

I dont wanna be "that guy", but I genuinley wnat to know why this was chosen instead of just altering the moves that'd benifit most, and all im getting is general responses that dont clear out exactly why it was chosen.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Alright, here are my opinions on what Pichu: M should have. I made this without access to hit-box data, I only had SDM's frame data and my own knowledge as a resource, so a few parts might be a bit wrong. These should be considered seperate ideas, not a package. It is entirely fine to incorporate one idea and disregard another, the character would still work.

• Jab
-Hits on frames 2-3.
- Electrified (frame 3 only): Release a small electric shock in front of Pichu. Electrified jab deals 0.5% recoil, has 1 frame of stun, is treated as a projectile with transcendent priority and deals no extra damage or knockback.
-Disjointed hit-box in front of Pichu.
REASON: Accentuates it's strengths (lock ability) and slightly improves it's weakness (poor range).

• F-tilt
- Electrified (frames 9, 10 and/or 11 only): Electrified F-Tilt deals 2% recoil, has set knockback similar to that of Reflector (able to semi-spike) and deals no extra damage.
-Disjointed hit-box in front of Pichu.
REASON: Gives Pichu a decent GTFO move outside of Nair.

• D-Tilt
-Hits on frames 5-9.
- Electrified : Electrified D-tilt deals 1% recoil, has a vacuum effect similar to Dr. Mario's D-tilt, but much weaker, and deals no extra damage.
-Hit-box on tail tip is larger.
REASON: Just a slight buff to combo ability.

• U-Tilt
-Hits on frames 5-14.
-Electrified (frames 12, 13 and/or 14 only): Electrified U-Tilt deals 1% recoil, has a vacuum effect similar to Dr. Mario's D-Tilt, but much weaker, and deals no extra damage.
-Hit-box on tail tip is larger.
REASON: Again, slight buff to combo ability.

• U-Smash
-Hits on frames 7-11.
-Hit-box extends further horizontally to both sides (not disjointed).
REASON: Slight buff to kill ability.

• D-Smash
-Has 39 frames total.
-Electrified: Electrified D-Smash has 6 hit-boxes (on frames 6-7, 9-10, 12-13, 15-16, 18-19 and 21-22) which trap opponents similar to Pikachu's down smash, deals 0.5% recoil per hit-box, 'B' can be released at any time to deliver the last hit of non-electrified D-Smash (automatically delivers this hit on frame 24 if 'B' is not released) and each hit-box deals 2% damage.
-Hit-box extends further horizontally to both sides (not disjointed).
REASON: Makes Dsmash useful.

• F-Smash
-Electrified: Perform Melee version of move.
Non Electrified: Pichu performs animation but deals no recoil, damage or knockback.
REASON: Allows Pichu to actually kill with it through feinting mind-games and de-electrifying it during the attack to mess with the opponent's DI (the main thing that ruined this move).

• Dash Attack
-37 frames total and is IASA frame 32.
- Electrified: (frames 14, 15 and/or 16 only): Electrified Dash Attack knocks opponent into the air (similar to Fox's dash attack), deals 2% recoil damage, and deals an extra 2% damage.
- Hit-box extends further in-front (not dis-jointed).
REASON: Lets Pichu reliably finish combos with it and possibly start a juggle.

• N-Air
-Electrified: Electrified N-Air deals 1% recoil, deals 1% damage and has 0 knockback.
-Larger hit-box.
REASON: Gives him a gimping tool and adds to combo ability.

• F-Air
-Electrified: Perform Melee version of move.
-Non Electrified: Acts like a horizontal drill (similar to most character's F-Air in Smash 64 like Fox and Luigi).
-Larger hit-box.
REASON: Nice all purpose multi-hit attack.

• U-Air
-Electrified (frames 4 and/or 5 only): Electrified U-Air deals 2% recoil, has small spiking hit-box on the very tip of tail [actual spike, not semi-spike like Pikachu (however, it does have the same angle as Pikachu's semi-spike U-Air)] and deals no extra damage.
REASON: Gives Pichu a new kill move and combo finisher.

• D-Air
-Hits on frames 6 to 26.
-Electrified: Perform Melee (electrified) version of move.
-Non Electrified: Acts like a Drill (similar to Fox's/Falco's/Jigglypuff's/etc...'s D-Air).
REASON: Buff to combo ability with the drill and gives another approach option.

• B-Air
-Electrified: Electrified B-Air acts the same as electrified (Melee) Fair and deals 4% recoil.
REASON: Lets you combo when opponent is behind you instead of having to finish the combo right then and there.

• Thunder Jolt
-Comes out frame 15 and projectile lasts 110 frames.
-Transcendent priority.
REASON: Just an overall buff.

• Skull Bash
-Deals no recoil damage.
REASON: Lets Pichu recovery without damaging himself.

• Agility
-Deals no recoil damage.
-Can be cancelled exactly like Pikachu's Quick-Attack Cancel (QAC).
-Still has 1 frame of 'landfallspeciallag' at the very end of the move, allowing for Perfect Agility landing and dashing.
REASON: Again, recovery without damage. Also makes it a great movement tool because of QAC and Perfect Agility.

• Thunder
-Aerial Thunder is jump-cancellable on frame 20.
REASON: Lets Pichu better combo from Thunder and keep the opponent in the air.

• Grab
-Grab-box extends behind Pichu.
REASON: Slight buff, Pichu often ends up facing away from the opponent right next to them and has few tools to hit them.

• All Throws
-If 'B' is held down, electrify move. Electrified throws deal a small amount of extra damage while Pichu is throwing (no damage post-release) and deal 1% recoil.
REASON: Simple buff for extra damage.

• Falling Speed
-Around the same speed as Melee Ganondorf.
REASON: Lets him SHFFL better.

• Weight
-Around the same as Melee, PAL Fox.
REASON: Makes him slightly more difficult to kill.

• Ledge and Get-Up Attacks
-Electrified: Electrified get-up attacks deal extra horizontal knockback and 1% recoil.
REASON: Another GTFO move to compensate for how easy Pichu is to tech chase.

ELECTRIFY MECHANIC DESCRIPTION:
Any attack that can be 'electrified' (Jab, Tilts, Dash Attack, Aerials, Fsmash, Dsmash, Throws, Get-Up Attacks and Ledge Attacks) will be non-electrified by defauly. You can electrify the above moves by pressing or holding the Special Move button while performing them.

You can electrify seperate parts of the move by releasing 'B' on any frame you don't want electrified, and pressing it on any frames you do want it electrified. Some attacks can only be electrified on certain frames (you don't need to press it on these specific frames, just holding it before hand and waiting will still work).

Electrifying deals re-coil damage (different for each move) and increases the size of the hit-box of the attack slightly.

FOR SPELT: YOU DON'T HAVE TO ELECTRIFY MOVES AND IF THE MOVE ISN'T ELECTRIFIED IT DOESN'T DEAL RECOIL.
You expanded on my original "electrify" idea... and I like it. :awesome:

However, I have a couple suggestions. I think Pichu's non-electrified fthrow and bthrow should have more upward trajectories for combos, whereas their electrified versions could be kill moves (particularly b-throw)

Also, maybe his electrified dthrow could have set knockback and allow him to chain grab a bit. However, its balanced because it would have recoil (maybe like 3%?). Also, I think Pichu should have an excellent pivot grab that extends both the height and length of his forward grab box, and a bit of the length of his reverse grab box that you mentioned.

I also feel as though his electrified nair should semi-spike during the initial hit and have the 0kb thing thereafter. Especially since Pichu is putting himself in harm's way with the majority of his combo moves and the increased fall speed means riskier off stage nairs and bairs. His non-electrified fair should hit like Diddy's fair. However, when electrified it becomes a multi-hit.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You expanded on my original "electrify" idea... and I like it. :awesome:

However, I have a couple suggestions. I think Pichu's non-electrified fthrow and bthrow should have more upward trajectories for combos, whereas their electrified versions could be kill moves (particularly b-throw)

Also, maybe his electrified dthrow could have set knockback and allow him to chain grab a bit. However, its balanced because it would have recoil (maybe like 3%?). Also, I think Pichu should have an excellent pivot grab that extends both the height and length of his forward grab box, and a bit of the length of his reverse grab box that you mentioned.

I also feel as though his electrified nair should semi-spike during the initial hit and have the 0kb thing thereafter. Especially since Pichu is putting himself in harm's way with the majority of his combo moves and the increased fall speed means riskier off stage nairs and bairs. His non-electrified fair should hit like Diddy's fair. However, when electrified it becomes a multi-hit.
Okay, so:
I agree with the Pichu throw stuff, I was just getting lazy for thinking up unique ideas :p

I like the idea of Dthrow chain grabbing, but since that is a bit too Brawl, maybe tech-chasing instead?

I like the pivot grab idea too.

I don't know about the nair thing though, it's already his best move and I was wary about buffing it too much. I don't mind the idea as long as it isn't broken.

And the non-electrified fair hitting like Diddy's is cool too, I was playing Smash 64 at the time so that was sort of in my head :p

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Okay, so:
I agree with the Pichu throw stuff, I was just getting lazy for thinking up unique ideas :p

I like the idea of Dthrow chain grabbing, but since that is a bit too Brawl, maybe tech-chasing instead?

I like the pivot grab idea too.

I don't know about the nair thing though, it's already his best move and I was wary about buffing it too much. I don't mind the idea as long as it isn't broken.

And the non-electrified fair hitting like Diddy's is cool too, I was playing Smash 64 at the time so that was sort of in my head :p
I definitely hear you on tech chasing over chain grabbing. I think people appreciate the amount of reflexes and prediction required to tech chase consistently. My only fear is that I am not sure if Pichu is as statistically inclined to tech chase as well as other characters such as Captain Falcon or Luigi.

As for a semi-spiking nair being too broken... its definitely a gray area. Maybe if it had set KB values that were slightly lower than Fox's shine it would be a bit more balanced.

Revven

FrankerZ
so it's essentially there so that the haves and haves nots of the skill for it automaticlaly make their char better (or worse), instead of just making the char with said problems better?
It's not so much a balance issue when it comes to L-canceling. Yes it makes the character better because they can halve the time they are in the landing lag of their aerial but making the change without the button part of it makes it not as "rewarding" or even just lose that technical aspect the game is advertising to have.

Plus, what you're suggesting isn't really any different from ALR at all. With ALR, that's essentially what you're describing, reducing the landing lag without having to press the button. It may not be exactly half the amount but it's the same principle. Our mod isn't designed with the idea in mind to go that route due to past experiences and overall opinion of the general target audience (Melee players).

Basically, it's a combination of three things (and another PMBR member may chime in on this too if I am forgetting anything) on why we aren't going to do it.

1. Loss of a technical aspect.
2. Audience deterred (Melee players again)
3. It suddenly loses that Melee feel.

This may seem a wrong way to look at it to you but generally this is how it is. Reducing lag on an aerial by aerial basis would make some characters ignored because they are "fine". That isn't the route we want to go, that would make the mod less like Melee and more like Brawl and we want to steer clear of looking mostly like Brawl...

I'm really looking forward to this hack. I'm going to buy a copy of Brawl when this thing gets completed. If you need any suggestions for Zelda, I can help you out. I main Zelda in melee and do pretty well.
Dewd, we should totally play. I have it you knoowwww. :p

I R MarF

Smash Ace
right, but how is that better than simply fixing the moves that get buffed the most by it?

I dont wanna be "that guy", but I genuinley wnat to know why this was chosen instead of just altering the moves that'd benifit most, and all im getting is general responses that dont clear out exactly why it was chosen.
Marth being able to instantly grab, dtilt, or fsmash out of a fair or Fox being able to immediately up smash out a dair shouldn't be free options to the player. Granted, l-cancelling is simple, but at least its some kind of safeguard from making the average joe auto win at smash.

Of course, you could argue by saying that ALR values should vary from char to char. Well, that doesn't really work either. In its current state, L-Cancelling is FAIR. Its fair because you are guaranteed a 50% lag reduction. Now, what could be argued to be unbalanced about it is some characters will still have noticeable landing lag despite l-cancelling. It also creates 2 groups of characters: "essential l-cancellers" who suffer from missing an L-cancel and "benefit l-cancellers" who don't necessarily need to L-cancel, but should because it is very useful.

So, natural logic would decide to create different values amongst characters. However, if you differ values, you lose the fairness. For instance, if you make Captain Falcon's ALR less than the rest of the cast, you are denying Captain Falcon mains the fair 50% they could have had with L-Cancelling.

Verdict: L-Cancelling should stay because it creates a skill gap and (in its current state) is fair, but its more than obvious that some base landing lags need to be smoothed out on some chars to help blur the line between "benefit" and "essential" l-cancelling. Though I personally believe that it adds to the playstyle of the burly characters who are essential l-cancellers, though a few of the landing lags wouldn't hurt anyone to be reduced a little such as Bowser's bair.

NOTE: I am not part of the PM team and this is in no way trying to be their opinion on the matter. This is my opinion. Despite that, I would like to think a few of the members agree with some of the points I made in this post.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Ok.. time to be real..

Manual L canceling = **** combos, Mind games Baiting etc.
Auto L cancel = **** Combos, Mind games, baiting etc. with no skill required.

SO! all of you who claim to have skills in brawl will be destroyed by Melee veterans in this project if yall dont know how to L cancel or if yall do not know about the critical gameplay components in Melee that made it so different from brawl. Im not going to say better than brawl because that is simply up to preference. In other words..

If you dont want to Manual L cancel, Play vBrawl, Brawl- or brawl+ (In my opinion as close as you'll get to melee gameplay and speed without needing Tech skill).

If you want to Manual L cancel Play Melee or Melee 2.0 (Project M)
plain and simple if you dont like the development of this project LEAVE THE THREAD
PMBR keep doin yall thing cant wait for this project to get released. :)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Our mod isn't designed with the idea in mind to go that route due to past experiences and overall opinion of the general target audience (Melee players).

Basically, it's a combination of three things (and another PMBR member may chime in on this too if I am forgetting anything) on why we aren't going to do it.

1. Loss of a technical aspect.
2. Audience deterred (Melee players again)
3. It suddenly loses that Melee feel.

This may seem a wrong way to look at it to you but generally this is how it is. Reducing lag on an aerial by aerial basis would make some characters ignored because they are "fine". That isn't the route we want to go, that would make the mod less like Melee and more like Brawl and we want to steer clear of looking mostly like Brawl...
I don't think your target audience should only be Melee players, since there are Brawl players that would like to get into this too. I think you guys should try your best to appeal to both audiences, and try to mix and intermingle different technical aspects of both games. The fact that there's no buffering in Melee(an aspect carried over) has kind of killed one Brawl's aspects, which was the ability to DACUS.

There is nothing wrong with the image of this game looking like Brawl, since it's the base of this project, and the only reason this is even happening. You guys don't want this game to be like Brawl in terms of balancing issues and major mess-ups(tripping). Also, a "Melee feel" is great and all, but why aren't you guys adding new moves or new aspects or something different to the top tiers of Melee, so that it's as if this is really what a true sequel would be like? Converting all of them back to their old **** forms of Melee with nothing new to look forward to is pretty dry.

Ok.. time to be real..

Manual L canceling = **** combos, Mind games Baiting etc.
Auto L cancel = **** Combos, Mind games, baiting etc. with no skill required.

SO! all of you who claim to have skills in brawl will be destroyed by Melee veterans in this project if yall dont know how to L cancel or if yall do not know about the critical gameplay components in Melee that made it so different from brawl. Im not going to say better than brawl because that is simply up to preference.
The only thing two really have in common is the combos, everything else can be done without either.

Also the only two things that Brawl players need to implement into their natural gameplay styles are: L-canceling on a whim and being able to wisely apply wavedashing, and making it come to them as a second nature. I played Melee, but never on the competitive aspect, and when Brawl came out, I loved it for not forcing me to learn something that was never supposed to happen in the first place. I guess you could call me a Brawl player, but I can guarantee that I'm no pushover when it comes to P:M, and I've already completely integrated both the two necessary tools into my game, in order to become at least efficient at this game.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
God ****it I hate all of your Pichu ideas.

Here is what my pichu does.

1. Hurts itself
2. Moves fast
3. Shieldbreak taunt (temporarry, but lulz, you can use it to dodge ****...or SD, or eat a fully changed smash)

More info whenever the **** i feel like it

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't think your target audience should only be Melee players, since there are Brawl players that would like to get into this too. I think you guys should try your best to appeal to both audiences, and try to mix and intermingle different technical aspects of both games. The fact that there's no buffering in Melee(an aspect carried over) has kind of killed one Brawl's aspects, which was the ability to DACUS.
1) We're not only appealing to Melee players, but they're our primary audience. The game is designed to feel like Melee, and while that will turn some Brawl players off, others don't mind much faster, technical gameplay.
2) DACUS is still possible, just gimped. Friction is higher and the window is tighter.
3) Removing buffering is essential to keeping the Melee feel.
4) We have plenty of little things that Brawl has that Melee doesn't. In fact, Melee purists have complained the exact opposite of what you're saying.

There is nothing wrong with the image of this game looking like Brawl, since it's the base of this project, and the only reason this is even happening. You guys don't want this game to be like Brawl in terms of balancing issues and major mess-ups(tripping). Also, a "Melee feel" is great and all, but why aren't you guys adding new moves or new aspects or something different to the top tiers of Melee, so that it's as if this is really what a true sequel would be like? Converting all of them back to their old **** forms of Melee with nothing new to look forward to is pretty dry.
Melee top tiers have already been shown through years of competitive experience to work amazing in a Melee environment. Why try and fix what is already near perfect? In fact, Brawl exclusive characters are the ones that are getting most of our attention.

Doesn't that kind of negate what you're saying for your first point - that we're excluding Brawl players? Dedede, Snake, Olimar, Metaknight, etc. are getting vast amounts of time put into them to make sure that they work well in a Melee environment, as well as balanced, and unique. Low-tier Melee characters are just being reworked to be better.

Besides, adding new options to a top tier character really isn't something we need to do. They're already amazing. Some minor changes I can think of is that Falcon and Ganon can actually grab the ledge after the main part of their aerial SideB is over, and Falco currently has the Brawl animation for his Fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVrpcYmvi0
Just watched this video, do the characters fall slower than in melee or is the Brawl camera playing tricks on me?
You're watching a video over two months old on a project that changes very rapidly.

As has been said many times before, character physics have been directly imported from their Melee values. It's exact, sans landing detection.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Jay:

I never said I hated the Dev's design of this, I was just curious as to why X method was chosen over Y

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Oh, I assumed it was recent since I saw it on the same page. Didn't check the date.

Are there any YouTube channels other than JCaeser's that post project M videos?

What are the plans for camera behavior? It think it was too twitchy in melee.

G

genkaku

In a melee environment, melee falco is darn fun and there is very little that you could change that would not alter his dynamics drastically. Change for change's sake is foolish when you have something as solid and enjoyable as melee falco. His play is cohesive, creative, and engaging as is.
Puff and the other high-tiers too.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
lol at PMBR members saying that Dantarion's pichu's inclusion must be discussed as a team; of course it will be included, or else all the time he'll spend making it (that could've been used for other things) will be for nothing.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Fair enough, Shadic. Thanks for the reply.

I had an idea, and would like to throw this:

Can Ganon have an option-select on his Gerudo? Like, pressing side-B will give you the usual grab, but pressing be at a certain frame window will give you the uppercut or spike, if used in the air. Just wanted to throw that out, since I do miss his uppercut.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Pichu will be discussed with all the PMBR people.

A lot of my ideas for Pichu make him too good, and how to balance it properly will be discussed after everyone gets their hands on it. Working on landing detection and the clone engine kinda gets old when absolutely no progress is made using hours of my time.

Pichu is the first time I have actually worked on a CHARACTER, as opposed to making global codes. Its fun and ****e.
Anyways, all progress for me is stalled since I am not going to be home for a while.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I see. It seems we have to be getting used to the idea of no melee landing detection after all...s***

Thanks for all the reply and all the work Dant, we really appreciate it. Who would've thought that Sakurai was immune to magic...

G

genkaku

No one said that it wasn't going to be solved. Dant just said that he wants something fun to work on besides.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Can Ganon have an option-select on his Gerudo? Like, pressing side-B will give you the usual grab, but pressing be at a certain frame window will give you the uppercut or spike, if used in the air. Just wanted to throw that out, since I do miss his uppercut.
Ganondorf is already awesome. Gerudo is already amazing, he really doesn't need that move to be any better.

..And weren't you complaining about making Melee characters more like they were in Melee just for the hell of it? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom