• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
i cant believe people want to buff pika's thunder out of all hsi moves.
I think it's understandable considering it was fairly low in Melee, and it was a bit more difficult to thunder spike with it, and Pikachu could use plenty of help from his Melee form.

But yeah, I agree, most of his moves were already buffed just from being in Brawl, and now that he has the 64 Bair he will **** hardcore. Though I do think Thunder should not be Melees height, if anything stay as high as it is in Brawl, because it is taller iirc.

EDIT:
I was playing B+ yesterday, and I'm not sure if the codeset was ****ed up or something, but you couldn't DJC with the X/Y buttons. ONLY tap jump, this could be fixed if tap jump was turn off. But I was wondering if that method is being implemented or will it be like it was in Melee / 64

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
the DJC is easier with tapjump IMO. thats always how I did it lol
Not if you want to DJC into a side or down aerial, up yes.

Why would it be done like that, it wasn't like that in Melee. I understand being not being able to implement it any other way because of limitations, but otherwise I don't see the point.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Why would it be done like that, it wasn't like that in Melee. I understand being not being able to implement it any other way because of limitations, but otherwise I don't see the point.
Because it's optional DJC. More options.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because having rising aerials as an option along side DJC is good? And unless someone steps up to fix how it is now, you pretty much have to deal with having more options at the cost of a slightly uncomfortable and only momentary period of adjustment?

lolninja'd

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Not if you want to DJC into a side or down aerial, up yes.

I do it just fine with tap jump. you can use the c-stick as well. practice your tech skill, thats how I learned it.

I think Pika's thunder needs the after lag it had in Melee, but with better vertical range.
thats too strong. his thunder is still punishable on shield with most characters. most fsmashes can penetrate it if your timing is right. its a decent mixup for tech chases as well. if it had more lag, using a QAC into thunder would be way too punishable, thus reducing the options of the move. the vertical height on it is really good as it is, and doesn't need a buff

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Doesn't optional DJC significantly help characters like Yoshi with their recovery options? There's no need to remove stuff like that.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't optional DJC significantly help characters like Yoshi with their recovery options? There's no need to remove stuff like that.
this.

also, make that DJ higher when using an arieal, just to see how it works for him.
the side-b still needs quicker exiting while in the air, at least a full second after entering it.(or did you do this already?)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
When I get back to cali I am gonna start streaming stuff, possibly early in the morning (Around 8 or 9AM PST Probably)

Also, HypeN is coming

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm predicting...

well, actually I just had a random idea. I know there would be difficulties, and I am unaware as to what the project's view of gliding is, but I thought that giving Mario the ability to glide would work well considering his recovery woes and cape.

TL?

Smash Ace
For pikachu I would recommend keeping his brawl quick attack cancel, thunder, up tilt, forward air, and grab range. The most important things about him from melee that should be kept are: up and down throws, up smash, side tilt, and up air. He also has quite a few moves like his nair, dtilt, fsmash, and thunder jolt are pretty useful in both games, either version could work for those.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
<PeachEater74>: A NEW CHALLENGER APROACHES
<MonkUnit>: yo mama

So yeah, the IRC is p. cool. I want people on the IRC tomorrow night plz. Also, I feel sorry for people who missed the streams of CHANGING ALL THE CONSTANTS. :(

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Contradictions M confirmed?

As cool as Mario's dive replacement is in the video, to me it goes a bit against the point of the Mario/Doc hybrid that takes the best from both, and it looks more like something Brawl- would use (I hear the in-process Mario build is very athletically oriented). As boring as his current dash attack animation is, I just think using Doc's hitbox data for the move and giving it Jump IASA would be more appropriate. Of course, I'm just one member of this audience but I feel the opinion should still be stated.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I liked when Mario's DA could sort of KO at higher %'s in 64 and had that forward low angle. I don't know how applicable that is here though.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I say we add that Mario 64 DA and DK's roll from DKC as his DA and make them fit the Melee environment. Project M can be better at everything plus fan service!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Dear whatever compiler they used to make Brawl, how is this efficient ASM?

Taken from IC-Basic[1000]
Code:
fmuls   %fp1, %fp1, %fp1    fp1 = fp1*fp1
fmuls   %fp2, %fp2, %fp2    fp2 = fp2*fp2
fadds   %fp31, %fp2, %fp1    fp31=fp2+fp1
fabs    %fp1, %fp31        fp1 = |fp31|
frsp    %fp1, %fp1        fp1 = round(fp1)
Next time time i need to square two numbers, add them together, and THEN take the absolute value of them, I will let you know.

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
Could it be to prevent overflow?
i.e. the number becomes so large when squared that it uses the highest order bit, which changes the number from positive to negative.

I doubt it because if that was the case, then the abs would make the result seem legit and might cause an error. If they left it as a negative number then they could at least put a check in there to see if the result was negative, and if it was then react to that accordingly.

Then again, if those 'f's at the start of each instruction mean "float' then the idea of overflowing is pretty far-fetched since you'd have to be dealing with some pretty high numbers to cause that to happen.... but... the compiler probably doesn't care and does the abs anyway. The hardware might raise a flag or something that an overflow occurred. I dunno if there is an instruction later in the code that checks the flag.

/pointless comment

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
1. if it's a float it'll overflow at a lower number
From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hd7199ke(VS.80).aspx

Type Minimum value Maximum value
float 1.175494351 E – 38 3.402823466 E + 38
double 2.2250738585072014 E – 308 1.7976931348623158 E + 308

Doubles are massive, but floats are still pretty big. 38 orders of magnitude is anything but small. I can't imagine a game like brawl would ever need/use such high numbers, but, the compiler doesn't know that.
At the same time though, I don't really see why "correcting" the sign in the case of an overflow would be that important, since you're still going to end up with a wrong number if you do it, it'll just be a positive wrong number instead of a negative one...

/Clarification of pointless comment.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
how do you even say that out loud? i've always wondered.

you might be like: "oh, e^imaginary number i times pi, plus one, equals zero."
but someone else might hear: "oh, e^imaginary number i times pi plus one equals zero."

oh math!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Mathematics: Mathematics, also known as Allah Mathematics, (born: Ronald M. Bean ) is a hip hop producer and DJ for the Wu-Tang Clan. As well as producing many tracks for the Wu-Tang Clan and for its solo and affiliate projects, Math has released two solo albums.

Google definitions.

HypeMath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom