• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm still waiting on confirmation for light shielding before I decide to and unscrew my new GC controllers to take those horrid springs out from the triggers.

But awesome find Dant. Keep it up guys.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm still waiting on confirmation for light shielding before I decide to and unscrew my new GC controllers to take those horrid springs out from the triggers.
We've had light presses working since forever. The only thing we don't have is the actual light shield.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
just when i had told myself this morning "ok i'm gonna take a break from following P:M because i need to do other s***".......then this happens

i hate you guys :(

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The only issue that I know of with the light shielding code is that you can't change the size of the shield without affecting ALL shield sizes at that moment. ie: if P1 marth light shields and P2 Fox shields, both shields will be the same size even though P2 Fox is not light shielding.

Revven

FrankerZ
Samus has file size limits so it's really hard to work on her with those constraints so she has been for the most part (with the exception of some select Melee moves ported) ignored.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I thought shanus said something about file size limit isn't a problem anymore because you can use the fitmotion pac or something as well? Don't exactly remember what he said.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
we do character.pac injections via .gct for filesize-sensitive characters.

Rikana

Smash Champion
She hasn't been touched much. She has her missile cancels and her SWD implemented though.

ss118

Smash Master
I have an interesting proposition. I do not believe this would go too far against melee standard, and it would help what was previously known as an unusable character.

I am talking about Yoshi. I know he's had some work done in P:M, but I thought I would put this idea out there. Mainly because it came to me randomly and I want it somewhere, before I lose it.

So how many people have played Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? If you haven't, play it. It's amazing.

Anyway, I'm here to address essentially three moves. Yoshi's Up B, down B, and side B. The Egg toss, the egg roll, and the little dive thingy. The toss is very commonly used in vBrawl, and gets a fair bit of use in melee. The other two, not so much. Rather, I thought of an interesting way to revamp his moves.

You know how in SMW2: YS if you eat an enemy, they turn into an egg that follows you. And you can have a certain number of eggs follow you, similar to how pikmin follow olimar. What if Yoshi's down B spawned an egg that follows you, and the side-b throws them? Then we can dedicate something to up B to help the poor dino out.

After writing this, I realize this suggestion probably won't be taken seriously. Well, here's hoping. =D

D

Deleted member

Will she be better than Melee Samus?

I mean in ways of her physics or her short hop and other things like move tweaking. She does have that grapple.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Will she be better than Melee Samus?

I mean in ways of her physics or her short hop and other things like move tweaking. She does have that grapple.
If they're not top tier, they're getting improved. (Some top tier characters even see improvements. :awesome:) Her physics are staying Melee's, however.

JOE!

Smash Hero
2 things:

1) why would YL come in over Tl when Lucario wasnt replaced by Mewtwo? [/late]

2) Is samus keeping her ability to use Homing and Super missiles from Brawl, or is it just being changed t one missile?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
1) why would YL come in over Tl when Lucario wasnt replaced by Mewtwo?
TL was obviously just a way of trying to make YL more unique while representing the cel-shaded games. It's basically the same character. If Toon Link actually had something that was representative of him as a unique character, it'd be a different story. (Say, a different special)

2) Is samus keeping her ability to use Homing and Super missiles from Brawl, or is it just being changed t one missile?
IIRC, the only change is that there's now a cosmetic difference. There were both ways to shoot a missile in Melee, now they just look different.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
2 things:

1) why would YL come in over Tl when Lucario wasnt replaced by Mewtwo? [/late]

1) Mewtwo has very little in common with Lucario; this comparison doesn't make any sense.

2) ... Samus has always had both since Melee.

Revven

FrankerZ
I saw in a video that jiggs only has 2 jumps now, why??
Um.... no she doesn't.

2 things:
You really don't know anything about Melee do you?

She had homing missiles and super missiles in Melee too, it wasn't something Brawl introduced. Seriously, go pick up a copy of Melee.

JOE!

Smash Hero
you know, i played samus all the time in melee (didnt main) but never knew the missile was actually different if you smashed it or not, just assumed the missile went straight depending on where the character was....

goes to show how much an aesthetic change can do, eh? :lick:

@Game:

I used the comparison because Lucario essentially took the "spot" for mewtwo in much the way TL did for YL, and even though both of them play (alot) differently than their melee counterparts, why only change TL to play like his "old" self?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom