• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I don't think the sword will be there, but I think that in theory, Internet PSAs exist that give Gannondorf his sword or something. Of course, it wouldn,t be very balanced. I think they'll keep him Melee-like. That,s what it seems-like.

But he is keeping his grab forward B from Brawl.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the sword will be there, but I think that in theory, Internet PSAs exist that give Gannondorf his sword or something. Of course, it wouldn,t be very balanced. I think they'll keep him Melee-like. That,s what it seems-like.

But he is keeping his grab forward B from Brawl.
Alright awesome. Yeah i can see the sword breaking him, maybe even just alittle. Hmm, if we had the time I would say maybe almost completely revamping some characters, but I dont think we have the time, effort, and we don't feel like re learning chars. Well Ganon looks good, what about Mario? I saw his VB is swapping to nado. Any other changes? And what about "DLC" characters? Only like, the non clone ones from melee have a chance of coming back right?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Not sure about Mario, but they were working on a clone engine. Keep in mind, they have NOT been confirmed, but Dantarion had been experimenting with Roy and got him working, but the code is very complex and they'd need to simplify it if were are to be able to use it.

So there is a chance of Roy and Mewtwo coming back, but this is no certainty. I think they'll try at the very least.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mario is a hybrid of himself and Doc. He possesses the reverse sex kick on his Nair, his Dair has its Melee properties, Bair has a Melee-style animation, first half of Fair's hitbox existence is the Doc Punch while the other half is Mario Meteor, Fireballs have more bounce like Pills, and down special is indeed Tornado.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

Just some tests for stock icons. I decided I'd post them here since I heard of complaints about the current ones and I'm curious if these will work out nice. If you're wondering where I got the base icon, it's called InfMgKumite01. I have no idea what it does, but I ended up using that, recoloring it, and resizing it for stocks.
cooooooooool, much improved from the game.

hopefully someday we can get actual, individual stock heads for each character.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Alright awesome. Yeah i can see the sword breaking him, maybe even just alittle. Hmm, if we had the time I would say maybe almost completely revamping some characters, but I dont think we have the time, effort, and we don't feel like re learning chars. Well Ganon looks good, what about Mario? I saw his VB is swapping to nado. Any other changes? And what about "DLC" characters? Only like, the non clone ones from melee have a chance of coming back right?
They work on the clone engine here and there but thier main focus is finding the main mechanics to work the game properly. So far a few characters are hybrids with thier clones like nurse mario and looney link, but aspects for pichu, mewtwo, roy are still in the abyss of likely characters to come back for melee 3rd strike ;)

Theres a spiffy ganon psa with original moveset and when you taunt with the sword he has a brand new move set as a sword fighter... its pretty cool.

Ah I looked at that when someone here mentioned it to me... I think it was GD but those score things are only available for each player slot instead of individual character. It can be changed to a darker color and im trying to see if it can be turned to skulls or the smash ball so its easily distinguishable :)

I have a feeling that this a gonna be released on Christmas as a Christmas present from the Project M development team.
Dot say that... my wii is still broke ;A;

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Anyway, I think I like Tlinks dsmash more if it would be more consistent. Otherwise, I say Ylinks is more useful for scary edge shenanigans.

Off topic note that should be ignored: Considering Roy is close to finished (minus coding issues), how far along is Mewtwo? I know he is a very unique character, but curiosity sucks at keeping me quiet.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Off topic note that should be ignored: Considering Roy is close to finished (minus coding issues), how far along is Mewtwo? I know he is a very unique character, but curiosity sucks at keeping me quiet.
Not at all. Roy was relatively easy to make.. With the exception of work to do on the clone engine, Roy is a solid character that just needs refinement right now. Mewtwo is going to require vast amounts of effort, and we have other priorities right now. Roy served as a fun distraction while still remaining productive.

Anybody else think that Zeldas' Din's Fire hijinks should stay in the realm of Melty Blood? That delay in explosion doesnt seem to be effective, at all
The delay is quite effective, and stacking the charge limit with multiple explosions further adds cool functionality. It's certainly better than it was in Melee.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Magus' Zelda.

Have you gotten the chance to test them in-game? I actually just did recently and they're quite nice. I need to hear from others if they stick out more or not. Sadly, I can't make them larger without BrawlBox crashing on me.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Her side b doesn't directly affect damage the ways it's been used so far at high levels of P:M. It mostly applies a sense of pressure as well as territory that can make it hard for the opponent to correctly choose options to approach her. At least that's what i've seen.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's exactly what I was thinking. It probably sets up well for a thunder toe to the face.

SothE700k

Smash Lord

Just some tests for stock icons. I decided I'd post them here since I heard of complaints about the current ones and I'm curious if these will work out nice. If you're wondering where I got the base icon, it's called InfMgKumite01. I have no idea what it does, but I ended up using that, recoloring it, and resizing it for stocks.
Sick. I'd be all for that. I understand the main priorities of landing detection and other code shenanigans but presentation is another big thing. Even these little nick-knacks will help present the game in a very fashionable light.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh whoops, I just realized I posted the yellow icon twice. Meant to put this one (
) in.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what I was thinking. It probably sets up well for a thunder toe to the face.
I think the fire has amazing potential for the future and could be used for awesome setups.

As for the life stock. I haven't been able to try it in game yet. My wii just broke so I diddnt get to try it out but when I altered the color It stayed saved in BB and looked to me with no problems :)
I think I might use dolphin to check my new stuff out.

Uwah you did it! You made it the smash ball icons. Thats really nice :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you're testing in Dolphin, you can get direct game screens, right? You mind doing that for me?

Sorry if I'm kind of derailing the thread. A high-traffic thread where the stock icon subject is very slightly relevant seemed like a decent place to post this.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
So...
P:M Ness is much closer to his Brawl counterpart than his Melee one, isn't he?
What are the main differences from the Brawl Ness?

Nice stock icons, btw. :)

D

Deleted member

Ness has both his DJC from Melee/64 and his vBrawl styled normal jump depending on what input you use.

He's more flexible like B+ Ness.

Other than that, somebody else would have to tell you.

B.W.

Smash Champion
P:M Ness is like a funny christmas card you got in the mail. The envelope just has your name on it and the sender's name (address and stuff too blahblah). Then you open the envelope and you read the first part and it seems kinda meh, but then you open up the card because it's a ****ing card and then you laugh so damn hard you piss all over your house and your dog runs away because you're scaring the **** out of him.

-Sincerely yours, yours truly.

Actually I dunno, he's probably awesome though.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The above post confounds me to a most great extend.

I still say PM Ness needs to take Melee Ness and improve from there. Just basing off what B+ "got right" about him is hardly at all reflective of his Melee playstyle. Fair is not and should not be a combo move, other than an occasional SHDJCFFL fair into grab in hitlag. Everything about PM Ness should take a look at Melee Ness's faults and benefits and try to appeal to Ness users in Melee. As one myself I once again suggest using Melee's dash attack PK Push and improving it instead of the Brawl+ link-into-anything-but-only-if-your-opponent-doesn't-know-how-to-DI-out-of-the-linking-hits dash attack.

Also,
+1 once again for Smash 64 initial dash, d-tilt, and Nair.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really like those stock icons, I think we should consider using them :p. If you upload w/e file it is used in, I can get a pic of it in game for you. :)
Either let me upload my info.pac for you (it only has those stock icons and some custom damage number icons) or just simply save the images I just posted as png's and put them in. I'll just get to the former first unless you respond otherwise.

Here it is.

Ibuprofen

Smash Rookie
Since we're slightly on the subject of the clone engine, what clones/other characters are being looked at to hopefully be added one day? There's the obvious ones like Mewtwo and Roy, but it'd be interesting to see if others like Isaac or Geno could eventually be added as well. I have a feeling this has already been answered multiple times though :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe it's extremely unlikely that brand new characters will make it in. This was never really specified, but IIRC, they had to be really well done and complete to be worth bringing in. Don't take my word on that.

Ibuprofen

Smash Rookie
I believe it's extremely unlikely that brand new characters will make it in. This was never really specified, but IIRC, they had to be really well done and complete to be worth bringing in. Don't take my word on that.
Ah that's interesting, if I had the means I'd love to start looking into how alternate characters are actually made. It'd be a fun thing to work towards

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
And i heard it's really hard to add characters in the first place. I think the only "official" ones would be Roy/M2/Pichu and they said any other ones won't be official and would have to be done by someone else if my memory serves me correctly.

Personally, I am in love with Brawl/+ Nair and Dtilt for Ness.

Dtilt is nasty on missed techs, and Nair has a deceptively large range as well as a good angle.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
The above post confounds me to a most great extend.

I still say PM Ness needs to take Melee Ness and improve from there. Just basing off what B+ "got right" about him is hardly at all reflective of his Melee playstyle. Fair is not and should not be a combo move, other than an occasional SHDJCFFL fair into grab in hitlag. Everything about PM Ness should take a look at Melee Ness's faults and benefits and try to appeal to Ness users in Melee. As one myself I once again suggest using Melee's dash attack PK Push and improving it instead of the Brawl+ link-into-anything-but-only-if-your-opponent-doesn't-know-how-to-DI-out-of-the-linking-hits dash attack.

Also,
+1 once again for Smash 64 initial dash, d-tilt, and Nair.
It makes sense to base PM characters off their Melee selves, since this is Project Melee and all, but when it comes to characters who are really really terrible in Melee (like Ness), I think the developers are justified in making more changes, even to the point of total overhaul. You can definitely expect low tiers to play different from their Melee selves, because if they played the same, they would still be awful!

(although it's probably worth noting that I played Ness in B+, not in Melee)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It makes sense to base PM characters off their Melee selves, since this is Project Melee and all, but when it comes to characters who are really really terrible in Melee (like Ness), I think the developers are justified in making more changes, even to the point of total overhaul. You can definitely expect low tiers to play different from their Melee selves, because if they played the same, they would still be awful!

(although it's probably worth noting that I played Ness in B+, not in Melee)
As far as I can tell most of the characters in Melee that we've seen (AKA zelda and Kirby) still do the same things they could in Melee (Except kirbycides of course) and more in PM. I'm not opposed to Ness getting more tricksies that B+ brings, but fair in particular should not be anything like the over centralizing thing it is in +.

I think the ideal picture for Ness should be a Melee base with straight buffs, some smash 64 nods (such as D-tilt and initial dash, I mean, if you can give Kirby a crazy good start dash Ness should deserve one too, if only for testing right now), and whatever B+ tricksies can be added while maintaining what he can do in Melee. Hell, I'll even go as far as suggesting a look at *Shock* balanced brawl's Ness, who does a lot more shield damage with his PSI aerials and Dash attack (PSI Defense down), giving him an occasional poke or rarely a breaker.

Actually, giving Ness some air tight block strings from aerials might not be that bad of an idea. It's not like PK Flash is faster than the average person's after shield break jamming. There's F-smash, but only testing would tell if breaking was too easy and too rewarding.

All in all Ness is a very overlooked character and needs a lot of TLC to patch together properly. I just don't want to see him being B+ 5.0 Ness with Melee physics and minimal Melee aspects otherwise.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>Ness speciality is shield break
>PK Flash
>PKT Omega
>Bthrow
>Dair > Uair
>mfw i realize that letting ness be good at shield breaking when he has all those kill moves would be silly

***** you just went full ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom