• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It determines at what point a character goes into grounded state from the air. In Melee, it's at the shins; in Brawl, it's at the feet. Why this is such a critical aspect is because it allows for a huge number of aerial-based numbers to work properly or even be possible to perform. Brawl landing detection makes it hard to SHDF with Marth, impossible to SH Bair waveland with Mario, doesn't allow Falcon and Ganondorf to stomp through thin ground and platforms, limits how low Fox and Falco can cancel a laser to the ground, the timing for Samus' missile canceling, makes full wavedash length easy to achieve, changes L-cancel timing, and most importantly, requires wavelanding to be a bit higher above platforms to do.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Great news, demo out soon. Almost makes me feel that emotion you humans call 'happiness'.

Will it be possible to have both the PM demo and Brawl+ game hacks running together?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It can't be "better", it's up to preference.

Since Melee players are the target audience are the demographic for PM and one of the project's goals is: "Allow players to transition seamlessly between Melee and PM", landing detection will hopefully be made the same as Melee's.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It can't be "better", it's up to preference.

Since Melee players are the target audience are the demographic for PM and one of the project's goals is: "Allow players to transition seamlessly between Melee and PM", landing detection will hopefully be made the same as Melee's.
While true, there's no denying that there are some largely factual advantages to Melee's landing detection point like what I listed in my post. You're right about seamless transition though and that's the most important part.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, are you guys still using the old FD melee texture or are you using v2 now? In most (if not all) the videos I've seen, you guys seem to be using the old one. Just want to know if I will have to end up doing it myself.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I came here as soon as I read a thread on Gamefaqs of all places... Anyway, seeing the website and such made me very happy. I can't believe we're actually getting a demo! Just a few more weeks and I'll get to try it out for myself!

A somewhat irrelevant question I have, though: will the demo retain the 1P modes? I happen to like playing those modes from time to time, especially All-Star and Classic. Since the demo will only have a limited selection of characters, are the 1P modes going to be removed from the menu to prevent us from fighting the forbidden characters or will they be left alone?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Project M was built with"vs mode" being the only concern, sure you can play the other modes but you might will come across some minor glitches

and no they don't need to remove any modes or anything.....they simply just won't add the still-alpha character .pacs to the download

shanus

Smash Hero
@ruhtereal - its hitlag was niot an accurate match to melee making WD ooshine feel weird - it was corrected a week or two ago.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I've been wondering about landing detection, stale moves, tethers, etc. Are you going to delay the final release of the game until they can be fixed? If you do release it, then subsequently are able to change it, will you? How long after launch, maximum, would you be willing to alter the game?

Revven

FrankerZ

This is the FD we are using. Please love Mewtwo2000 for resizing it and MonkUnit for fixing the collisions! :D (Everything about it matches Melee FD exactly, boundaries, collisions... stage size!) Oh and of course for Gamewatching making it in the first place. The background might change in the future (not sure) but that's how it is right now.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
thats not bad. looks a bit small though (compared to melee). I think everyone is going to like the new FD
The reason it looks small is because Brawl characters, scaling wise, are bigger than melee characters. You can tell this by looking at a screenshot of temple from melee compared to a screenshot of temple from brawl. The characters are clearly bigger. Project M, as far as I know, has a scaling code on, so that stages that look too small in NORMAL Brawl will play just fine in the new codeset.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
that FD looks.......perfect :X

EDIT: also, i didn't happen to see a "no jab with c-stick" code in the "General Fixes" page. Is that yet to be made or was it just not included on page?

i also didn't see anything on how catching items in the air will work (Z-only plz :p)

i apologize in advance if i just happened to miss them

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I cannot wait for this. I'm gonna start playing Smash again just for this.

I have some questions though:

1. For the trip tech, does this mean you can only tech after you've trip? Just want this clarified.
2. Does the GC Controller sensitivity code addition mean we now have light and normal shields? If so, is this only possible to do with a GC Controller?

Revven

FrankerZ
I cannot wait for this. I'm gonna start playing Smash again just for this.

I have some questions though:

1. For the trip tech, does this mean you can only tech after you've trip? Just want this clarified.
2. Does the GC Controller sensitivity code addition mean we now have light and normal shields? If so, is this only possible to do with a GC Controller?
1. It's frame 20 and on you can tech the trip.
2. Light shields are not in the game, it just means you don't have to press L/R (or whatever you shield button is) all the way down.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Project M will be released before *Pound* so people can play and practice!! I think at LEAST 100 people from Pound who were already going will enter PM, plus more if any more come for that!! I am excited to be able to see peoples reactions at *Pound*, there will be so many hype PM matches. The *Pound* thread is located here: *Pound* V thread. PROJECT MELEE LIVE!!!!!!!

Come and get a taste first!! It will be epic.

Btw if you come just for PM and not to enter melee or brawl, you only have to pay $20 spectator fee + $5-10 entry fee (whatever we decide on). If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me and ask!!

I am excited to help further the advancement of PM, it will be a good time and EVERYONE BE SURE TO THANK THE TEAM FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK!!!!!

thank u guys!!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
My god. Now I need to find a way to get to Pound. With a complete and utter lack of funds.

Also, the buffer=handicap code. Thank you so much for having that in, it'll ease the transition from Brawl for a couple of people I know.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Brawl landing detection [...] ]doesn't allow Falcon and Ganondorf to stomp through thin ground and platforms
Hold it. While I understand the impact of landing detection in P:M, I have been able to Meteor people through small platforms with Ganon in Brawl plenty of times. It's difficult, but not impossible.

bow that you guys got EternalYoshi's attention, can you guys ask him to add Snake's taunt pack to snake's .pac?
Cosigned. Snake having three taunts where he goes into his box is just ridiculous.
Speaking of the pack, Snake needs to be facing towards the screen at all times when he does his up taunt. I forget which direction he needs to be facing, but it causes him to salute the background when you perform said taunt. :laugh:

New Melee Destination looks great. Perhaps you could have a .pac file that leaves the Brawl background in tact, and another with the Melee background, in case some people prefer one over the other. *shrug* Just throwing a suggestion out there.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. It's frame 20 and on you can tech the trip.
2. Light shields are not in the game, it just means you don't have to press L/R (or whatever you shield button is) all the way down.
1. Thanks, if I decide to play Diddy, this means I have at least some time to decide on oki mixups.
2. Good because in the event I could not find a GC Controller, I can go back to using my custom Wiimote-Nunchaku setup.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@kaizo13, we made a Z air catch item code but it caused crashes, if we are able to make it work then it's all good. Also, I do not believe we have made that C stick jab code yet.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whoawhoawhoa.

Am I seeing this on that image properly?

Ganon can angle his FTilt?

Also, does his FTilt still have the Spartakick animation, or is it the Melee one?

Revven

FrankerZ
It's still sparta kick and yes, it has the same power. And yes, you can angle Ganondorf's Ftilt, the angled Ftilts however use the same stats as Melee's angled Ftilts do. The animation and hitboxes are just a little different for them (since he still has the sparta kick they were based on that to make it look consistent).

jalued

Smash Lord
Project M is playable on ANY Wii, without any hardware modification, and even without any longterm software modification. All that is needed to get started is an SD card and a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

isnt that wrong, since u cant install brawlbox on version 4.3e, plus if your wii lense is dusty, then it also wont work. I have both problems :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd prefer Mewtwo, but I'll take either.

I can't wait to see the final changes for Zelda. I've seen the timed release for Din's Fire and that would be a major addition to her zoning game (assuming she has one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom