• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, since classes are starting real soon, I'll have something to do occupy me in the meantime.

Will you guys go into more detail? Like will you show the differences between the character's Melee/Brawl's counterparts to their incarnation in Project M? Of course, I'd probably just be fine discovering the changes myself.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Awww the stream was nice while it lasted. Hopefully some of those vids will make it to youtube, especially those sonic vids. Those were nice.

On a side topic, ROB from the stream looked really nice with his down b change. What would be the main things holding him back from being introduced in the demo? I know there's a reason, but knowing would be nice.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Awww the stream was nice while it lasted. Hopefully some of those vids will make it to youtube, especially those sonic vids. Those were nice.

On a side topic, ROB from the stream looked really nice with his down b change. What would be the main things holding him back from being introduced in the demo? I know there's a reason, but knowing would be nice.
Wait, so the demo will remove all the other characters from the select screen except the 14 ones mentioned?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I can't wait for this demo to come out!

I have a small suggestion though.
Can you guys make Ness' PK thunder pass through walls?
It sucks that he gets stuck in certain stages that have a space between two buildings (Fourside, Saffron city, etc) without being able to recover because of his UP+B.
Lucas doesn't really suffer from this because of his tether recovery.
I don't think the PK thunder passing through walls would affect his game too much, but it would be a nice way to help his little problem.
this, well itll fix part of ness' recovery problems

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When do you expect the pages for Mario, Zelda, and Lucas to be up? I'm particularly curious for the last two.
They will likely be weekend updates between now and the demo release. Stay tuned for further information.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Project M Website said:
Project M is playable on ANY Wii, without any hardware modification, and even without any longterm software modification. All that is needed to get started is an SD card and a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl
I know this is going to sound really thick of me asking this but...

Really? Could I just get Project M on my SD card when it is complete, whack it into my Wii which is fully updated and has never been hacked in any shape or form, put Brawl in and play Project M?

If so, this is absolute genius and nothing short of brilliant. Would it be PAL compatible? I've never really wanted to play modified versions of Brawl but this project is really making think again. I'm very much looking forward to the finished version of this

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Yes, the CSS will only have the 14 demo characters.
I'm thinking about somehow reversing the code that limits the CSS, but I know you guys will have some sort of fail safe to stop that from happening <_<! I think I'll just be a law abiding citizen ;)!

Depster

Smash Champion

Really? Could I just get Project M on my SD card when it is complete, whack it into my Wii which is fully updated and has never been hacked in any shape or form, put Brawl in and play Project M?

If so, this is absolute genius and nothing short of brilliant. Would it be PAL compatible? I've never really wanted to play modified versions of Brawl but this project is really making think again. I'm very much looking forward to the finished version of this
Lol, they've been using it since B+

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

yeah, the only thing you need is homebrew channel, and a sd with geckos.

Even it can be loaded via usb with CFG Usb Loader xD (tested here : 3)

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
ok for all you guys thinking "man i'm going to find a way to play a character that is not on da list" and whatever they're simply not puttin any other character besides the 14 chars listed, so if you manage to play olimar for example it'll be the same as in brawl speaking of moveset and values, the exceptions being gravity no stale moves, hitstun, hitlag, etc things that come with P:M and not the character itself so please understand that they are not putting any other characters .pac or .pcs on the demo

shanus

Smash Hero
We will only have a CSS with the 14 characters. Even if you bypass this, as others are mentioned, we will not be including any work-in-progress pacs so a lot of codes which are linked via pacs will not work (moonwalking, hitlag l-canceling, etc). So yes, when we say 14 characters, we mean it :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm more or less keeping the rest of the cast in their B+ form to operate at least semi-decently under P:M's engine, mostly so my friends aren't complaining over the missing characters. I'm going to be using Link and Mario (and sometimes Ganondorf) anyways :D

EDIT: Wow, you are so dumb.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Anyway, disregarding that, I'm gonna go find that last topic that was actually worth discussing, the D3 special changes subject.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm more or less keeping the rest of the cast in their B+ form to operate at least semi-decently under P:M's engine, mostly so my friends aren't complaining over the missing characters. I'm going to be using Link and Mario (and sometimes Ganondorf) anyways :D

EDIT: Wow, you are so dumb.
Please re-read my post. Several codes will not work with pacs we do not provide. Additionally, animations and SFX (such as wavedashing, proper L-canceling timing, and others) will simply not work properly.

For example, editing landing lag attribute to be 2x as large doesn't work for L-canceling, you actually need to edit the animation length so when its sped by 2x it trims properly. So please, respect the 14 character demo as such because the other characters will look *really* shoddy unless we provide our work.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Random question: Have the wall colliding problems with Ness, Lucas, and Diddy's Up-B been fixed?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Please re-read my post. Several codes will not work with pacs we do not provide. Additionally, animations and SFX (such as wavedashing, proper L-canceling timing, and others) will simply not work properly.

For example, editing landing lag attribute to be 2x as large doesn't work for L-canceling, you actually need to edit the animation length so when its sped by 2x it trims properly. So please, respect the 14 character demo as such because the other characters will look *really* shoddy unless we provide our work.
That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. That's a shame though, but I'll figure my friends could deal with it though either way. I'm still very excited for this demo and I can't wait to see all the hard work the team has put into this.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
No one answered:
I've been wondering about landing detection, stale moves, tethers, etc. Are you going to delay the final release of the game until they can be fixed? If you do release it, then subsequently are able to change it, will you? How long after launch, maximum, would you be willing to alter the game?
Also, will there be a random character select in the demo?

Are you guys planning on giving new DownB's to solo pokemon from PT?
I think, if you manage to do this, the pokémon's Melee pokéball counterparts' moves would work nicely, and fit the mod's premise.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@DDD Specials:

Ill start on hammer throw first and why it's ********:

what happens to his hammer? Does he lik,e have to go pick it up again and lose access to 90% of his moveset since it uses the hammer? What if it gets tossed off-stage?

Moving on, I also want to post this info here to show how slow/fat DDD is in comparison to everyone:

I originally compiled this for MYM seeing as we use a _/10 system for describing our character's attributes, and thought it'd be useful to have a list of the Brawl roster's to compare to.

Each segment details the charatcer's Weight, Size (based on their hieght and width compared to other characters as I cannot see hurtboxes on everyone), Fall Speed, Dash Speed (highlighted characters have the same dash speed, but are otherwise in order) and Air Speed.

DDD here is the 4th heaviest (i belive 3rd in P:M since Snake went on atkins), 3rd largest, Fastest Falling, 3rd Slowest and has the Absolute worst air-speed of the Brawl Roster.

If you read the chart, you'll realize DDD has a major flaw when offstage due to melee's physics, to prevent that we should either make his jumps a tad better, or make him a pain in the *** to effectivley go on the offense against.

I think making him defensive would be the best choice as his stats also means he would be juggled to hell and back by pretty much anything.

To do so, I think making approaching him a pain in the *** should be top priority, as if the foe cant effectivley approach the Penguin, he cant be 0-deathed by them. To do that, I think the minions need looking at first and formost.

I like the idea of having a Tilt Side B be the Dee and Smash be the Electric Doo, but where does that leave the Gordo? Anyways, after sending out his minions (say 2-3 at a time) they will sit there instead of walking around, and if possible immediatley SPAM ther attack at anyone who comes close (if possible), making them almost like little stage-hazards themselves. Then, by using say, Ftilt (as it indicates a direction in front of DDD), they then walk forward, with say inhale directing them back.

This is useful not only from afar, but up close as with Ftilt, you'd be knocking a foe into the incoming minions for them to attack, and D3 to follow up on, and with inhale, you can spit the guy out into them, or re-position yourself and your buddies as they walk along. Crouching could have them stop moving.

Aside from that (oh and make the actual toss faster to make this not take forever to attempt), simple things like possibly adapting the Quake-fsmash from brawl- (tho not as extreme) to help him space forward, and make the grab-hitbox from inhale bigger to annoy foes who actually get in close even more (along with maybe a damage buff or small damage over time while inside his...gut?)

As for down B, not quite sure what to do there, but I think a small cambo of making it charge-n-store ala Donkey punch and making it give a boost like in BBrawl could be nice (or at least somehow make it so he can do it in a wavedash? Idk)

thoughts?
Anyway, continuing on from JOE!'s ideas for D3, for his down b, i have a few ideas.

First of all, make the charge holdable. This seems to have some consensus around the board by most people.

Next, make it so when it's fully charged, his movement when his hammer is out is about the speed he has when he has a bunny hood on. That would seem like a fair trade for having to take continual damage from the charge and can be used as a good punishment option when people are focusing too much on our little stage hazards.

Taken from the last good topic. Subject is Dedede special moves ideas for Project M implementation. Go.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
I think, if you manage to do this, the pokémon's Melee pokéball counterparts' moves would work nicely, and fit the mod's premise.
I guess giving Ivysaur the groundpound would work, but something cooler like solarbeam would be more interesting. Charizard already has flamethrower and I don't think hydro pump would be a good fit for Squirtle.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow people are really complaining about the demo having 14 characters? how bout no demo u jerks D:<

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
People are complaining of a DEMO having 14 characters?

How many characters were played by your group in Melee anyway? I'm sorry though to Peach and IC mains, but at least you know the ICs probably will be ready AFTER Mewtwo or whoever the ? is anyway lol.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I wonder if it would be a good idea letting pk thunder1 go through people like lucas' and increase a little the length of pk thunder2 and let ness tech if he collide with the wall.

Or something like this...

hmmm

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
for Ivysaur, maybe giving him solarbeam as neutral B, bullet seed as charge Up-smash (its ok if he don't have anything as attack whe he releases de Up-smash). for his lack of killing moves I would make his downsmash just as melee's younglink one.. you know.. an awesome horizontal knockback. Also, would be cool is his leaves could be angled!! I would like to se Ivysaur gimping the hell out of spacies xD..

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I hope that "?" will turn into Roy someday.

Because if it won't....

I'll be sad D:

Anyway, waiting for more dojo posts, they're rather fun to read.
I want it to be Pichu :c

If we are able to code it, probably.
Make sure that you don't over-centralize their play-styles around those new moves too much, as I'd like to main Pokemon Trainer as a whole without feeling like I'm missing out.

I'm sorry though to Peach and IC mains, but at least you know the ICs probably will be ready AFTER Mewtwo or whoever the ? is anyway lol.
:c

will be cool if ness have a theter recovery with his yo-yo, to like lucas with his snake
I agree.

for Ivysaur, maybe giving him solarbeam as neutral B, bullet seed as charge Up-smash (its ok if he don't have anything as attack whe he releases de Up-smash). for his lack of killing moves I would make his downsmash just as melee's younglink one.. you know.. an awesome horizontal knockback. Also, would be cool is his leaves could be angled!! I would like to se Ivysaur gimping the hell out of spacies xD..
What? Bullet Seed as charged up smash? Why? He has a fine Usmash right now.

I agree with the Down Smash buff and the razor leaf buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom