• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Landing detection. It's when a character lands. In Melee, characters landed on their knees. In Brawl, they land on their feet. Due to the fact that you land earlier in Brawl, timings for various things are thrown off in Project M ATM.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Landing detection
this almost deserves an infraction

Landing detection. It's when a character lands. In Melee, characters landed on their knees. In Brawl, they land on their feet. Due to the fact that you land earlier in Brawl, timings for various things are thrown off in Project M ATM.
actually they land closer to their shins, but you're pretty on for the most part.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Would LD really be worth the trouble of fixing if this is sorta like Melee 2.0. I mean street fighter keeps basically the same game and just updates graphics and combos and stuff between each game. Things like landing on your feed makes sense. Sure it's different from melee, but it's an improvement. It may make things harder or impossible perform that were in melee, but we can just count on the developers of Project M to come up with something to simulate or replace it. Players should just adapt.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yes but it seems like a key thing in allowing people from melee to migrate over to projectM. if they move over and see that they cant do their combos they will return to melee.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Project M will ever replace melee. It would have to be 94.43j5% melee. Down to the finest detail and button command. The developers for Project M should just aim to make the "next smash game" by introducing new features to replace the ones that cannot come back in Project M. Brawl was sorta a mistake. To me, Project M is becoming what Brawl should have become.

Edit:

I mean just like every other fighter out today. A few of the things possible from the previous games didn't make it for one reason or another. Project M shouldn't be any different. Brawl was just... trying too hard to be new.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I don't think Project M will ever replace melee. It would have to be 94.43j5% melee. Down to the finest detail and button command. The developers for Project M should just aim to make the "next smash game" by introducing new features to replace the ones that cannot come back in Project M. Brawl was sorta a mistake. To me, Project M is becoming what Brawl should have become.

Edit:

I mean just like every other fighter out today. A few of the things possible from the previous games didn't make it for one reason or another. Project M shouldn't be any different. Brawl was just... trying too hard to be new.
For those that would consider a finer-tuned, more fleshed out Melee a good smash sequel, Project M for all intents and purposes is exactly that.

Also, Brawl's changes aren't all lost causes for a Melee template. Sure, much of them are, but the Project M team seems to recognize that it's worth re-evaluating them to see if there's way they could bring the project closer to its stated goals.

They're pretty dedicated to replicating the Melee feel as well. Yes, down to the finer details and button commands - a lot of time and effort has been spent further hacking both Brawl and Melee to accomplish that. Project M won't be Melee surely, but all things considered it'll control a lot like it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Would LD really be worth the trouble of fixing if this is sorta like Melee 2.0. I mean street fighter keeps basically the same game and just updates graphics and combos and stuff between each game. Things like landing on your feed makes sense. Sure it's different from melee, but it's an improvement. It may make things harder or impossible perform that were in melee, but we can just count on the developers of Project M to come up with something to simulate or replace it. Players should just adapt.
Uh yes, it's definitely very worthwhile to fix. Mario's SH Bair waveland is impossible to do, Marth's SHDF is very difficult to do, SHL and Missile canceling do not occur as low to the ground as they usually can, IIRC Ganondorf can't stomp through platforms (Falcon apparently still can?), platform wavelanding requires a couple more frames of height above them to work, and of course full WDs are easier and L-canceling timing is off (which can adjusted to, of course). Landing earlier in general can make it harder to land aerials on grounded short characters (or characters laying on the ground). It's something I've always been annoyed with when using Link and his Fair and Bair.

So no, it's not technically an improvement at all except from a visual standpoint. It's not about making it like Melee just because it was like that in Melee. If it can be fixed, it will be because it will be a nearly universal improvement. In the case that a solution is never found then yes, they will find alternatives. Adapting can be applied to pretty much only one of the examples I listed. All the others are technically limiting minor, but still important factors to almost every character.

Eh, that sounded kind of ranty in my mind.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
project M is a good game

Brawl is a mistake, because, sakurai forgot the competitive feeling

Melee was a perfect smash, you can get ther noobs fights and pro fights, in a perfect balance
These kind of posts are the only reason i come here anymore. :troll:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't even see how the wind effect is relevant to any of his games; it's only from the Gale Boomerang which isn't a very noteworthy item (nor was it really that great both in the original game and here). The twilight particle warp effect would've made more sense representing Twilight Princess and even then, the Ocarina/portal warp entrance from SSB64 is more notable.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, TL should have the wind entrance. He should come in on a tornado and make the Windwaker chime sound.

Anyway, customizable entrances for each character via BBox or any other method would be pretty awesome if they were made easily accessible like music or textures.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
100% support Link's 64 entrance.....he doesn't even have gale boomerang in P:M so he obviously needs a new entrance animation

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
100% support Link's 64 entrance.....he doesn't even have gale boomerang in P:M so he obviously needs a new entrance animation
ya but the question is how exactly would that be made.I guess if someone can do that for samus then I don't see why Link cant get one.

I think it would be cool also if Link had his Melee taunt also as either one of either the left or right. I mean its stupid that he has Brawl/64 taunts but no melee. If I knew how to import models and do crazy crap with the bone infrastructure I would gladly do it but it might be harder than what it seems.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
need a new one spam.....that one is so outdated, i thought it was Brawl+ for most of the vid (lol)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
ya but the question is how exactly would that be made.I guess if someone can do that for samus then I don't see why Link cant get one.

I think it would be cool also if Link had his Melee taunt also as either one of either the left or right. I mean its stupid that he has Brawl/64 taunts but no melee. If I knew how to import models and do crazy crap with the bone infrastructure I would gladly do it but it might be harder than what it seems.
Combination of PSA and animation modification. Refer the visual dictionary of animations video to find out what would be good to use, watch an SSB64 video of Link just for his entrance over and over, and go from there. But you do have to know a bit about animating 3D models to get it the way you want it.

Chepe

Smash Lord
About Link's Brawl intro, it's actually a throwback to the original NES Zelda. It's based on the flute item that summons a tornado which warps him places. And his N64 entrance was given to Pit. I do think it's better than the whirlwind intro though...

bleyva

Smash Ace
the N64 intro at this point is pretty beat seeing as Pit, Marth and Ike all kinda do that same thing essentially, and his whirlwind thing just plain sucks.

i think he should jump out of a pokeball :awesome:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

Don't change his side taunt! Navi's awesome :3

leelue

Smash Lord
will there be updates on either this or the official site when or if the development team is stuck with what to do on a character? I remember seeing lamentation about ike and dedede, but I don't remember anything else.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
i would like see a diferent entrance for Link. his tornado isnt something than match with him, i mean, he is using his boomeraang to get into the stage. Would be cool see an entrance similar than he have in Bros 64
Chepe beat me to it, but

Come to think of it, TL should have the wind entrance. He should come in on a tornado and make the Windwaker chime sound..
is true. Plus emerging from an explosion don't make no sense whatsoall.

Sonic could also use a better one. Anyone know if the Tornado appeared in Winter Games?

Ulevo

Smash Master
You know, that link was just to show how nice Samus's edited entrance was. It was also already completed; Project M team likely has better things to work on. There's no need to revamp intros for all these different characters, they're fine as is.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If anything, peach should whip her hair back and forth. Taunt cancel that. I CAN WHIP MY HAIR WHIP MY HAIR WHIP MY WHIP MY WHIP MY HAIR. Have at it, everyone.
IF her hair could be whipped. Peach somehow gives me nightmares. :( no homo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom