• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
That is a change to make the loading times more consistent. In Brawl, the loading times were very inconsistent. While they may have slower startup, they can instantly act out of their transform.

And yes, the character pages (last two) will be up this week for sure, don't worry about it, just play and enjoy.
What I meant regarding a complete changelist is the exact changes made to each character. The characters listed on the website don't show the damage, knockback, framedata, and other values that were changed.

Also, can't the inconsistancy and slow speed in Zelda's transform time be addressed by having copies of her costume .pacs and .pcs files on the SD card. Since the game loads much faster off the SD card than the disk, doing this is very effective in making her transform faster. BBrawl did this for her and pokemon trainer and it worked very well. Because of this effect, as things are now, Zeldas/Shieks that use custom costumes have an advantage over those that do not.

The reason I bring this up is because although Zelda/Shiek can act immediately after transforming, there is nothing stopping someone from hitting/grabbing them on the first frame they finish transforming since they can't attack or defend on that frame. Since it is difficult to get a full transform without your opponent being able to get next to you on a small stage, transforming has a lot more risk to it than it should.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Sorry about that small battlefield collision error! We'll be making a patch for battlefield and also fixing up Fourside so there is no hurtbox in the center of the stage. ;)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah great job with this guys, this has made me so pumped for Smash. My friend and I have been playing since like 5 this afternoon and it's been amazing. I'm really glad you guys have gotten this far. I haven't enjoyed Smash like this in such a long time.

Also, Mario is apparently on steroids. Idk, he's just amazing. I love him. He actually seems good now.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
What's everyones thoughts on Zelda?
Its against my religion to play as her and I hate her grab happy AI.
But on the otehr hand Im curious what the side B change was. I never really tested it out.
She seems like a decently solid character right now to me.

Kati

Smash Lord
does anyone know how to hack the songs on project m demo? (i dont care about skins just the music on the stages)

You will get the answers you are looking for in another thread.

google brawl music hub, or brawl custom music.

Edit: also, when I asked about Falco's reflector, I meant to ask whether or not it should be able to kill other players, not self-destruct or glitch. I haven't played melee in a very long time, so I do not remember if the reflector was a viable finishing move when the opponent was airborne and over 100 %.

Konner

Smash Cadet
Its against my religion to play as her and I hate her grab happy AI.
But on the otehr hand Im curious what the side B change was. I never really tested it out.
She seems like a decently solid character right now to me.
They now launch and do not explode immediately. They will flash in place, then explode later.

The change is for the absolute better in my opinion. I've discovered a couple different set-ups that punish wrong rolls and techs quite well, along with guarding the edge. I feel like she'll be a good zoner that can really punish the wrong approach or capitalize on a mistake fast and hard.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah Zelda has some cool set-ups using the delayed blasts now, my friend was catching me with those. Now he likes Zelda even more.

Though I still dig Mario, Lucas is also a blast to play. The Offense Up neutral-b, which I now call The Force and so should all of you, is really useful and he just plays really...well, he's just more fun to play as. Definitely surprised me when I first picked him.

Snake I haven't used much, but he seems legit, too. His explosives are quite the bother sometimes. xD

Still, Mario da bess. He just doesn't give a ****.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
gasp, like a playtester or something
What impressed me was how fast they did, like in this case, that glitch on battlefield doesn't seem like something that would just happen, yet the demo has not even been out for a day and they already found it.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Mario is done. I imagine they're sprucing it up with pictures and other cool things before they put it on the site.
Word.

Also, I keep trying to get that easter egg for Captain Falcon when you taunt when the knee of justice connects, but I can't get it. What happens?

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
This mod is freaking amazing!
I absolutely love playing as Falco and Captain Falcon.
So... is there a match making thread for this here or on the website, or should we all use Faux Finder?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I lol'ed when I played on Fourside and hit the invisible Chimera... or was it the board... :p

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
Word.

Also, I keep trying to get that easter egg for Captain Falcon when you taunt when the knee of justice connects, but I can't get it. What happens?
I'm pretty sure he says, "YESZ!" I remember seeing it on a stream once. It's not really as epic as you think it'd be.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I think on the Castlevania stage when the platforms meet RIGHT in the middle. and you've died and drop right right in the middle, you fall through a nearly infinitely small hole in between them, and then if you land without having moved side to side, you can jump over and over through it and you wont land untill you move slightly. Im willing to record it if its unclear what I mean.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a little trouble if anyone can help me.
I'm loading project M on Riivolution using Brawl mods.
I put Project M in the brawl mods folder, but the rel. files don't seem to work.
Has this happened to anyone else?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh god, ganon is so fun! sparta kick, chokeslam, and wizard's foot all just feel so sooooooo right!

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
Really amazing job, love the demo. I have one comment though! Although I have since adapted to it, I noticed that air dodges register as when you press either trigger only part way down. This makes the timing for wavedashes feel slightly different than melee (at least for me). I really wish there was a way to make air dodges only register when you press the trigger all the way. Other than that, the demo is amazing!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
yes this has been happening to me when i try to smash attack. same with throws. whenever i throw i must jam the control stick really hard in a perfect straight line
This has to do with the way Brawl reads C-stick inputs. Unlike Melee, the C-stick has to be moved back into neutral position before the game accepts anymore actions from it. It really is an annoying thing to deal with and hopefully it'll get changed in the final release.

bleyva

Smash Ace
demo kicks ***, although it's 14 characters it's a very satisfying roster, no fluff characters wasting space :D

EDIT: is it just me or does Marth suddenly seem a bit undersized compared to the rest?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Demo is amazing so far, just a couple gripes.
Snakes C4, why do I have to try like 15 times before it detonates??? That's just ********...
Other thing is G&W's down tilt, its broken, nerf it down pllleeeeezzzz...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Demo is amazing so far, just a couple gripes.
Snakes C4, why do I have to try like 15 times before it detonates??? That's just ********...
Other thing is G&W's down tilt, its broken, nerf it down pllleeeeezzzz...
You might be accidently faking out. Don't hold down-b just press it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
While a detailed changelist is important, I am definitely seeing proof here that some move-specific ATs really need to be pointed out. The only reason it wasn't important before is because a lot of the people tracking the thread before the demo announcement were almost fully aware of every trick being implemented into each character. With the large audience that has picked up the demo, many are going to be out of the know and should be informed on a lot of these tricks so that they can get to using the characters to their full potential as soon as possible.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think it would be easiest if some more detailed rundowns of the characters were posted on the Project M forums. That way the main site can stay clean, and the forums are there for those that want to learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom