• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If I go to do a dacus as Snake via cstick down+Zup and fail it (Where I just end up dash attacking), why does Snake do a small short hop at the end if I'm holding the buttons still (tap jump off)?
timing is harder. I'm not too sure on the latter

Octave

Smash Ace
So I'm curious. In terms of character progression, how is the rest of the cast going to be released? Is it going to be gradual, one at a time as they are finished, or will they be released in bursts or groups?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know this is just gonna get ignored, but have you guys tried doing something like making it not holdable, and just hit 3-4 times, with the last hit having substantial knockback?
and then maybe make it possible to combo into so it's more useful.

but wavedash bullet seed oos would be legit imo. especially if it's keeps the invincibility it has during startup.

Xyless

Smash Master
So I'm curious. In terms of character progression, how is the rest of the cast going to be released? Is it going to be gradual, one at a time as they are finished, or will they be released in bursts or groups?
I assume that the next time they release, it'll be an actual release of all characters.

Octave

Smash Ace
Oh, so it'll be a while probably then? That's alright, I'll take what I can get :3

I wonder if Ivy's bullet seed could be changed to Solarbeam instead, make it a 90 degree angleable charge move with the aesthetics of ROB's neutral B except green instead of red.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
they clearly stated that "they are aware it is not game breaking" and that "it isn't a balance issue"

so yeah......your reason is not the one

as early in development as this project is.......and according to those two statements above, i see no reason why this should not be kept for further testing.
Because we intended to remove it from the very start? Because we removed it from OTHER characters previously, and only didn't remove it from Ness, Lucas, and Yoshi because we COULDN'T at the time due to coding limitations?

Part of the reason the demo was released was to help fund bugs and weed them out. This is one of them (or should we leave in the ability to recover though the bottom of battlefield too? That's not really gamebreaking either).

The development team reserves the right to be subjective about what they do and don't remove. While it's fine and dandy to find unexpected applications for things we put in the game, this ISN'T one of those things that was supposed to be in the game.

There is no debate on this issue. We intended to make every character to go into special fall after airdodging, and that's exactly what we're going to do.

At least the dev team has the courtesy to tell you not to get attached to it since we were going to remove it anyway.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The development team reserves the right to be subjective about what they do and don't remove.
You should also think about your audience, it's not like you're making the game just for you. :/

I'm not trying to harp on you guys, but i'd at least like a serious discussion about it instead of this immediate "it must be removed. no exceptions."

and "it wasn't intentional" isn't a good reason. no glitches are, and most have been perfectly healthy for metagame advances.

But after all, this post will just be ignored, so it doesn't really matter what i say.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Guys, just drop it. Ultimately it's the developers decisions to remove and keep what they want. While I personally made a case about it because I felt that the unintended glitch did have applications that could be used for Lucas (possibly in the future) and while I don't agree with all the reasoning given (i.e. intent, recovering underneath Final Destination, et cetera), it's not worth arguing over. They made their point that it's being removed, so just leave it be.

Just be appreciative of what you have. :cool:

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
This kind of crap was the reason of Brawl+ was a failure, just let the devs work on their project and be grateful to them for sharing with us

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I know, El Raspa. Requesting an intelligent discussion on an important topic (removal of glitches) is SO bad. Everyone who is doing it is horribly ungrateful!

I don't see anyone out there who wants to keep the Battlefield glitch, unlike the Lucas one. THAT is the difference.

bleyva

Smash Ace
This kind of crap was the reason of Brawl+ was a failure
quoted for emphasis.

seriously, a minor thing the team forgot to remove and suddenly you've got people demanding a legit discussion on why it has to be removed >_> wth

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
We're not gonna be able to give you fair answers for everything. So many of the changes in the demo you are playing RIGHT NOW are entirely subjective.

Heck, Snake is a character made completely from scratch. If someone asked us for reasoning on every single change done to him, our only answer would be "to make him fit better in a melee environment."

The community will disagree with some of our decisions, and we are completely fine with that. But considering how fragile balance can be, we'd like to have some degree of control over what we put into the game <_<.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Grim, you have to keep in mind the reasons why Brawl+ wasn't successful. It's not about being grateful or not.

I'd also like to note that people have a tendency to take a mile when given an inch. While I can't speak for the development team personally, I can't say I'm surprised that they will forfeit the chance to discuss opinions on the development of Project: M. If they didn't, everyone would feel like they have a say, and I have doubts as to whether or not Project: M would be anywhere near the quality it is right now. Most people who post in here simply are not informed or appropriately experienced. Some amount of subjectivity and discretion is necessary, you just need to trust that they know what they're talking about.

Wario mains weren't happy to see that their character was being turned inside out, but thus far everything's turned out great. Just gotta take their word for it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Because the team in unanimously against keeping this glitch in. And making unpopular decisions is part of what we do. If everybody gets what everybody wants, this game would be bad. It's been tested before.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it was not the reason brawl+ failed. it was because of nightly builds and bad/inconsistent leadership. this is nothing like that.

But oh well, if this is the stance PMBR plans on taking for all legitimate concerns brought up by the players, then I see no reason for me to continue posting here anymore. Especially if all of my actual questions are just going to be continuously ignored. Hopefully the developers continuing to just do whatever they want works until the final release, but for now i'll go back to not caring about this project.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm just saying, why make a change if your audience disagrees with it?
It's a vocal minority expressing like for the downward air dodge glitches.
Additionally, a majority of vBrawl Snake players likely didn't like the Up-Tilt change (because you know, his Up-Tilt was broken and ********). Does this make the change unwarranted? You decide, but it's staying.

But oh well, if this is the stance PMBR plans on taking for all legitimate concerns brought up by the players, then I see no reason for me to continue posting here anymore. for now i'll go back to not caring about this project.
To the above: Outside of the Lucas nonsense, do you enjoy the demo? If you don't, and the Lucas nonsense was what was keeping your interest, then this project isn't for you anyway. There has been a mountain of other decisions that were made that amalgamated into the gameplay that you see in the demo, and if you enjoy it, then you should respect our judgment on this decision.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I know this is just gonna get ignored, but have you guys tried doing something like making it not holdable, and just hit 3-4 times, with the last hit having substantial knockback?
and then maybe make it possible to combo into so it's more useful.

but wavedash bullet seed oos would be legit imo. especially if it's keeps the invincibility it has during startup.
I'm not following how that would make it easier to combo into the move. Though the knockback on the last hit seems interesting to me.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just wondering, are marth's jump and fair attributes exactly like melee's? I'm finding SH double fair easier to do in this then in melee and it should be harder considering the landing detection lol. And no I don't have buffer on and I'm using the right pac.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Just wondering, are marth's jump and fair attributes exactly like melee's? I'm finding SH double fair easier to do in this then in melee and it should be harder considering the landing detection lol. And no I don't have buffer on and I'm using the right pac.
Fair timing and jump height are exactly the same. And it won't really be harder, it's just that you can't delay the second fair as much as you could in melee.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^IASA on Fair is 1 frame earlier. The landing time might actually be the same after Magus' jump height altercation, so it'd be a 4 frame window instead of a 3 frame one. This is all speculation, however.
If I go to do a dacus as Snake via cstick down+Zup and fail it (Where I just end up dash attacking), why does Snake do a small short hop at the end if I'm holding the buttons still (tap jump off)?
Thinking about this question, I just realized what happened.
You were still holding down on the cstick. While holding any direction on the c-stick and a direction on the joystick, the joystick input is buffered while shielding. Since you were still holding Z, you buffered a shield, then a shorthop was buffered by cstick down + up on the c-stick.

Hope you get a chance to read this!

3Years

Smash Lord
dude the demo is awsome and greatly appreciated. Me and my crew have been playin ever since it was released and tryin to find little glitches that might need to be fixed while enjoying the heck out of it haha here's some stuff we were curious bout:

1) mario's cape not only turns u around but it reverses their di and they have no control over it for a good second.

2) Ganon's attacks are too strong. he cant hold a good combo. His uair should be nerfed in strength for more combo ability, in our opinion.

3) Sonic has too much lag after he hits with his neutral B. There should be a good 30 frames removed after impact. in our opinion.

4) Sometimes while using Snake's mortar slide, it automatically goes to the left, even if used to the right. no idea why but yeah :p

we will let you no if we find anything else thanx again yo!!! =)

iLink

Smash Champion
dude the demo is awsome and greatly appreciated. Me and my crew have been playin ever since it was released and tryin to find little glitches that might need to be fixed while enjoying the heck out of it haha here's some stuff we were curious bout:

1) mario's cape not only turns u around but it reverses their di and they have no control over it for a good second.

2) Ganon's attacks are too strong. he cant hold a good combo. His uair should be nerfed in strength for more combo ability, in our opinion.

3) Sonic has too much lag after he hits with his neutral B. There should be a good 30 frames removed after impact. in our opinion.

4) Sometimes while using Snake's mortar slide, it automatically goes to the left, even if used to the right. no idea why but yeah :p

we will let you no if we find anything else thanx again yo!!! =)
1) Pretty sure that was intended. Even hits through shield.

2) Ganon was never a combo character. He gets in and hits hard.

3) You can cancel into sideb or downb after it hits. Might be able to upb too but haven't tried.

4) no idea :p

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
1) That's intentional. Partially because (IIRC) it's Brawl behavior, but it also helps compensate for the fact that people can grab the ledge backwards in free-fall now.

2) Most of Ganon's moveset/KB is from Melee. Your problems were probably DI related.

3) You can jump cancel the end lag. ;)

4) Somebody else will have to address that.

3Years

Smash Lord
ok cool thanx for the info man, ill be sure to let u no if i find anything else =D

edit: sorry our guy using sonic was doin the neutral b on the ground not an opponent =/

M!nt

Smash Champion
Whats with all this complaining and what not, shouldn't you all be busy playing the demo :)
i used a lot of KTHs melee textures and its looking fantastic. Falco is just as great as i remembered sans landing detection

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Asked this on the Project M forums, but since you guys are already looking at this thread...

FitGameWatch00. There are two files (a .pac/.pcs) preloaded into the demo for this. If I swap these out for texture hacking stuff, do I change anything of real value, or were these purely aesthetic?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
To the above: Outside of the Lucas nonsense, do you enjoy the demo? If you don't, and the Lucas nonsense was what was keeping your interest, then this project isn't for you anyway. There has been a mountain of other decisions that were made that amalgamated into the gameplay that you see in the demo, and if you enjoy it, then you should respect our judgment on this decision.
Yes, the demo is fun. Other than you few minor annoyances, like not being able to do rising aerials with lucas with tap jump, etc. Then asking about it multiple times and getting absolutely no response.

And while the game is fun, it obviously still has a lot of progression to make and at least listening to what your audience says and not dismissing it right away would likely improve upon an already good game.

I'm not following how that would make it easier to combo into the move. Though the knockback on the last hit seems interesting to me.
I wasn't saying that would make it easier to combo into, I was saying you could change other moves to make it easier to combo into. :p It's pretty situational without anyway to reliably link to it.

And thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom