• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, not gonna lie, I'm loving P: M enough to get off my arse and make an account on here lol. unfortunately I like to play Falcon and my friend mains sheik and zelda........yeah.

So while playing some sheik myself on FD, I tried to grab the ledge at one point and sheik instead clinged to it for a second, turning me around and screwing up the entire edge guard. Kinda recreated it and recorded it, but in the real situation sheik probably wont cling for more than a second since stageward DI wouldnt be held in. Overall whenever it happens by accident it could throw off sheik or w/e character. (also seems to only be on FD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVHs0NifhU

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wall cling. I believe Sheik and Lucario are the only two characters who possess that trait.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol... I helped seven poeple install their Project M in IRC. Someone needs to make an instruction video and put it on the P:M page. I'm sure this would help.

iLink

Smash Champion
I always thought it was really weird that squirtle could wall cling lol

Also I'm really liking mario, he feels a lot more fluid and junk. Dunno what else to say besides I miss my bair wavedash.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even that good and I can do Marth's shorthop double fair 100% of the time. I really don't see what all of the landing dection fuss is all about. Plus wavedashing feels wayyy better.

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
Project M is pretty damn amazing. Just a quick question, I'm using a new wii, so I haven't unlocked all the songs in the game, and I'm now getting into replacing songs with riivolution. What's the easiest way to unlock all the songs, is there a code for it?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Are character specific techs gonna be listed on the Project M site? I mean if I wasn't following this thread I would have never figured out you can jump cancel Zelda's grounded Side B

Also, I find it funny that the few people I've showed this to, while labeling it a demo beforehand, still asked the same question "Are these all the characters there's going to be?" -_- people... seriously

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Is mario's cape supposed to do dmg even when you shield it? I understand it still turning you around when shielded but i dont get the it still doing dmg part.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Project M is pretty damn amazing. Just a quick question, I'm using a new wii, so I haven't unlocked all the songs in the game, and I'm now getting into replacing songs with riivolution. What's the easiest way to unlock all the songs, is there a code for it?
Cheat-a-chu is pretty freaking awesome for this purpose. You're going to want a different .gct that has the full CSS and FPC so that you can use him, but after you're done, just put the P:M demo .gct back and you should be good to go. On another thought, if you can find an event match in which you can use or are forced to use Pikachu, do that. If the SSE doesn't freeze on you, reach the point in which you can use Pikachu (about mid-play or so sadly and the SSE is loooong and boring).

leelue

Smash Lord
I really think there should be a place for those techniques to be hosted, and I'm purposely vocal about it. I don't know them, so I cannot do it on my own.

even things like Lucas's offense up invincible frames should have a place. I have seen answers like "open your files and look" when it comes to asking about the numbers inside the game, but, at the risk of sounding ungrateful (which I am not), wouldnt it be easier for someone in the team who actually has the information to just write it down plainly on the project m site for all to see?

I suppose perhaps because the values change so often behind closed doors, the team doesn't want to give contradictory information. which is fine.

mind you
I don't know what the insides of the demo file look like. I have no way to check, so I don't know how simply the information is organized (which would make my rant sound more rantish)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
AT's and important tidbits need to be written down, I agree there. However, you are correct about their revision process so detailed things like frame data are better off done on an individual basis.

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
Cheat-a-chu is pretty freaking awesome for this purpose. You're going to want a different .gct that has the full CSS and FPC so that you can use him, but after you're done, just put the P:M demo .gct back and you should be good to go. On another thought, if you can find an event match in which you can use or are forced to use Pikachu, do that. If the SSE doesn't freeze on you, reach the point in which you can use Pikachu (about mid-play or so sadly and the SSE is loooong and boring).
Awesome, thanks!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I forgot if the effect was intentional or not. I know the devs are aware of it, but I believe the reason for it is that Brawl made shielding against the cape block the damage and preventing turning around. In order to add the flip while shielding back in, the damage had to come with it from ignoring shields.

Or it's pretty much fully intended, I don't know.

TKD

Smash Lord
I always thought it was really weird that squirtle could wall cling lol

Also I'm really liking mario, he feels a lot more fluid and junk. Dunno what else to say besides I miss my bair wavedash.
bair wavedash is still there. USE YOUR TECH SKILL!!!!$#@!!!

One of the reasons the game feels stiff might be the vertical acceleration from hops. I think it starts out as very slow, hence giving the feel that the characters hop slower. Either that or they have slower hop start-up than in SSBM...anyway, mobility-wise, being "just like melee" would be ideal for P:M...so it's smoother and faster, and so player's fingers won't tangle up when playing one or the other (melee or project m)...

ValTroX

Smash Ace
bair wavedash is still there. USE YOUR TECH SKILL!!!!$#@!!!

One of the reasons the game feels stiff might be the vertical acceleration from hops. I think it starts out as very slow, hence giving the feel that the characters hop slower. Either that or they have slower hop start-up than in SSBM...anyway, mobility-wise, being "just like melee" would be ideal for P:M...so it's smoother and faster, and so player's fingers won't tangle up when playing one or the other (melee or project m)...
I do think that hops start slower because I get grabbed A LOT while starting a jump(doesn't happen in melee). Maybe it's not the hop speed, grabs may have a wider vertical range or maybe it's just the fact that characters are bigger. Either way, while it affects my gameplay a little, it's not a big deal

Blackadder

Smash Master
I wonder, would if be possible to alter the CPU AI to teach it to Wavedash with any effectiveness in PM?

I assume not, but y'know.

Starscream

Smash Ace
My buddy and I just played this game for 8 hours. It's too good. We both agree that once Project M is finished that we'll probably have little reason to play Melee. This is like getting a whole new Smash game, and a brand new metagame to go with it. I look forward to the future of Project M. Thanks again for all the hard work that went into this.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is mario's cape supposed to do dmg even when you shield it? I understand it still turning you around when shielded but i dont get the it still doing dmg part.
That's the only way to make the shield turn-around work for the moment. We will fix it as soon as we figure out how.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Is anyone else having problems with wii-motes with project M? o-o when i played 4 players yesterday they just cut off then i have to reselect my character.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Will be great if some one could make a P:M video threat, this demo have 2 days now, i am sure than omore than one guy had records of his matches :p...

also it will be a consolation for those ones than dont have the demo (i am in the list :c)
1) search "project m" (with quotes) on youtube
2) sort by upload date
3) ???
4) Profit!

Lol... I helped seven poeple install their Project M in IRC. Someone needs to make an instruction video and put it on the P:M page. I'm sure this would help.
Already done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QZkUha9LU

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna make a tier list? I'm kind of interested as to where everyone puts the characters.
Of course:

Top Tier: Lucas w/AD B-cancel

You guys finish the rest xD

Guys, I remember that when playing Melee using spacies and got hit and sent flying, if illusion was performed out of hitstun you would gain some height at the start-up of the move. I learned to use this to my advantage because if not it could cost me a stock.

1) What caused this in Melee?
2) Is it re-creatable?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, I'm impressed with Snake and Lucas the most. They feel so shiny and new, and the fact that they were done with no reference makes it all the better. It's a shame I don't hear more talk about Snake.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Has anyone else aside from me tried the pro classic controller to play Project M? It works WORLDS better IMO. Far more similar to the playstation 2 controller. Wavedashing has never felt so natural :).

Also is there a way to play this online with people?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Cyber Dragoon, yes there is a way to play this online. Just make sure the players you play with also have the demo, otherwise you will get major desyncs.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Is project M already set up so you can install your own BRSTM and change the music?

Also what were the original stages for YS, DL64, and all the other stages that came preload in PM?

I want to know so I dont accidentally get rid of them when I install my own stages, or for when I want to change the music on those stages.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You can use brstm files with PM just like normal. Put them in private/app/wii/RSBE/pf/sound/strm

Mushroomy Kingdom --> Metal Cavern (Metal Mario 64)
Green Greens --> Dreamland 64
Mario Bros. --> Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Island: Melee --> Yoshi's Story
New Pork City --> Fourside
Spear Pillar --> Saffron City
Distant Planet --> SSE: Jungle

These are the stages that replace other stages.

shanus

Smash Hero
brawlvault is the best place to go, make sure to only instal FitCharXX.pac where XX = number and Char = character name, do not replace any FitChar.pac or FitCharMotionetc.pac though, these contain PM moveset stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom