• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
something i just remembered:

is it possible to change the way the game handles ganon-cides? afaik, it currently goes with player port priority, so that 4th player ganon will always lose doing a ganon-cide, and 1st player will always end in sudden death. is it possible to just make it consistently one way or the other (preferably with a win for the ganon-cider) or is that set somewhere you guys can't mess with?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Counter is what it is because its melee hitboxes aren't located in the subaction and only I can find them, which I haven't done yet.
So there are plans to change it back to the Melee counter?

Also, are the stages in the demo fairly secured in returning to the final project, or are there some you're still considering replacing/changing?

EDIT: Also of question, is Marth's Dair spike range bigger now? I find myself spiking a LOT more often than I ever did in Melee...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Holy crap, Master WGS
You're the Box of Danger guy? LOLL I love the Pokemon abridged series! You should totally plug Project M for us sometime :)

EDIT: Cory: Yeah it's set somewhere we can't mess with at the moment. We might be able to edit the animation a bit and that'd likely fix it. I'll look into it sometime.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Holy crap, Master WGS
You're the Box of Danger guy? LOLL I love the Pokemon abridged series! You should totally plug Project M for us sometime :)
DUDE HELL YES I WILL.

I'm trying to get this to as many people as possible, btw. Glad we, err, mutually enjoy each other's work! :)

Though, in the face of the miracles YOU guys are doing, calling what I do "work" is an incredible overstatement.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I have a quick question, if landing detection is edited will sheik's crawl get buffed?

It would seem like a waste if she got a crawl that didn't protect her from lasers and such

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I now have my combo video trailer (with the old build) up on a website that is not FB.

http://blip.tv/file/4760390

I guess the final version of the video will be made with the beta or something. I dont think I want to make the video with like, the four characters you guys made playable in the demo.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^Because you aren't using a GC controller, thus you fail! :D

WGS: The hitbox size and offsets were ported. Any difference in its ability to spike are due to animation.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The tipper spikes. The whole tipper, and nothing but the tipper.

Also, as a CCPro user, I chuckle every time someone complains about the Failure sound effect. I actually ninja'd it from the GCT and added it to my own codeset.

Because the amount of characters is far more important than the quality of their design.

That's why games like MvC2 are perfectly balanced.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Go play some Smash 64 for a while. Most balanced Smash game in existence, and one of the more balanced fighting games. With 12 characters.

Go tell the 64 community their game is a slap in the face, why don't you, while I wreck people with my Lucas.

leelue

Smash Lord
Wow, I received my first flat out comment (I think), from Locke3. Feels nice to see that I've been posting well enough to receive some sort of notice.

Makes me sad that I changed my name on the P:M smashmods boards to Hyperception.

Oh well.

In the meantime... back to adding custom music

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman

is it possible to change the way the game handles ganon-cides? afaik, it currently goes with player port priority, so that 4th player ganon will always lose doing a ganon-cide, and 1st player will always end in sudden death. is it possible to just make it consistently one way or the other (preferably with a win for the ganon-cider) or is that set somewhere you guys can't mess with?

is it possible to just make it consistently one way or the other (preferably with a win for the ganon-cider) or is that set somewhere you guys can't mess with?

(preferably with a win for the ganon-cider)

(ganon-cider)
mmmm, ganon-cider

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol, Im not telling you guys how to make your little game.

I had fun playing the pre demo build its not like it was bad.

Im just telling you im not interested in making a combo video with 14 characters.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
she could still crawl lower than the grab range of most opponents... sheik doesnt need anything more
There are plenty of characters that duck under grabs; ducking is great for character's close enough to grab.

lasers are the big concern, if you can't crawl under lasers you might as well have just not have one.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Im just telling you im not interested in making a combo video with 14 characters.
Then don't.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman

lol

trailer wasn't really impressive tbh

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Still, thats not really something im interested in.

There are like forty characters in brawl, 14 in the demo is like a slap in the face.
You mean like how at E for All Brawl only had 14 characters?
Your unwarranted, arrogant sense of entitlement is more a slap in the face than anything about this game.

Azurie

Smash Cadet
In response to the ganon-cide point, I think the sudden death is the coolest option. The first time I took an opponent to sudden death we both freaked. It was all kinds of awesome. I know that's more of a minus reasoning for doing something, but I think a sudden death every once in a while can make an exciting competitive match become even more exciting.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
BTW.
Guy who posted about adding costume slots.
DEFINETLY POSSIBLE!

The problem is actually making a way to select them.
I think I can do it though. The only problem is what to do if the file is missing.
What if you just went to the vault and had a few of the more official looking skins pre included. Like recolors and different jigglypuff hats, and pikachu accesories.

Surely there can be a few of each character that can be added.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In response to the ganon-cide point, I think the sudden death is the coolest option. The first time I took an opponent to sudden death we both freaked. It was all kinds of awesome. I know that's more of a minus reasoning for doing something, but I think a sudden death every once in a while can make an exciting competitive match become even more exciting.
Sudden death will never be admissible in tournament.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
You mean like how at E for All Brawl only had 14 characters?
Your unwarranted, arrogant sense of entitlement is more a slap in the face than anything about this game.
And the fact that you think im coming off as arrogant, While you, yourself project this sense of self importance is funny to me.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Snap, you don't like the fact there's only 14 characters in the Demo. News flash, we don't care. You don't like it? You don't have to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom