• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I like the added flashiness of Brawl's buttons, but the button layout and directories are poorly organized and the background is terribly bland.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Man the 64 box art really puts things into perspective. All this talk of screens that look like manuals and how brawl looks all childish.

But I'm making Mario beat up ****ing Pikachu! Everything feels so right.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Funny, I was just playing smash 64 after I dug up my N64 earlier today. Unfortunately I just couldn't use that controller at all :(

I've never really cared much about menus so they're all ok with me (64's menu music fit really well IMO). Brawl's was confusing at first but not a big deal.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
on the money
You know you can place the stage in the demo manually by yourself, Just download the .pcs off Brawl Vault, and place it over Hyrule Temple Melee. I.E. The STGOLDIN.pcs Just make sure you make a backup so you can put it back in for when they release the patch. I have Hyrule temple 64 in my demo.... get at me lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I threw the code made to have the music change when you go to the CSS in my P:M GCT. (forget GCT-to-Text stuff, HEX EDITOR)

No bugs I'm aware of. Doesn't seem to interfere with anything. 64 CSS music da bess.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
So, guys, since DI is completely fixed for the Patch, is LedgeTeching now possible?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Man the 64 box art really puts things into perspective. All this talk of screens that look like manuals and how brawl looks all childish.

But I'm making Mario beat up ****ing Pikachu! Everything feels so right.
THANK you!!

I threw the code made to have the music change when you go to the CSS in my P:M GCT. (forget GCT-to-Text stuff, HEX EDITOR)

No bugs I'm aware of. Doesn't seem to interfere with anything. 64 CSS music da bess.
Can I suggest this for PM please? :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Even if they don't add it, I can give you a copy of it.

I'll wait for the patch though before I offer it out. Make sure that adding it to the patch codeset doesn't mess with anything.

Also if you use Riivo I'll throw in Dant's Music engine, so you don't have to replace another song for your CSS one (though I just use Menu 1... why do I need 4 menu songs lol?)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, actual serious question. If I find a way to make non-******** versions of stages you guys have written off as unsalvageable, would you consider including them if they're up to your standards? I've been working for a while on total stage redesigns of 75m, Hanenbow, and New Pork City. They are coming along really slowly since 1) I'm more worried about getting Brawl 64 off the ground and 2) I'm really busy with life.
Haven't quite found a design I like for 75m or NPC yet though. NPC is a really messy stage to work with, especially since I want to incorporate the flying limo as part of it that matters, not just "stage part that promotes circle camping".

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey, actual serious question. If I find a way to make non-******** versions of stages you guys have written off as unsalvageable, would you consider including them if they're up to your standards? I've been working for a while on total stage redesigns of 75m, Hanenbow, and New Pork City. They are coming along really slowly since 1) I'm more worried about getting Brawl 64 off the ground and 2) I'm really busy with life.
Haven't quite found a design I like for 75m or NPC yet though. NPC is a really messy stage to work with, especially since I want to incorporate the flying limo as part of it that matters, not just "stage part that promotes circle camping".
It's just like making suggestions for character, ask and you might receive.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty. Modding those stages just became something more than "me wanting to play people on 75m with no johns".

Revven

FrankerZ
The trouble with that is the stage select screen then becomes really cluttered with repeated stages (repeated means even ones that are modified to somehow "be more fun"). Because our plan is to include even vBrawl unmodified stages... we wouldn't discard the original stages just because of your modified ones. And we're still limited to a number of stages on each page (39 on both iirc) which if we even considered including anything you made would require restructuring of the first page and potentially the second page... which can be messier at the cost of more stages (stages that could potentially wind up being disliked or unused, thus becoming wasted space JUST like their unmodified versions).

I don't see myself supporting it (talking about stages like Flatzone 2, 75m, Hanenbow, and etc.)

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
Someone mentioned during one of the streams last weekend, I think it was CountKaiser, that the Pokemon Trainer was being removed and the individual Pokemon were getting their own down-bs. Is this true? Cause I hope it is haha.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Considering that lately, everything I have been trying has been taking me like 1 day or so to do, I wouldn't doubt it. Just a matter of sitting down and making the custom SSS code my *****

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Someone mentioned during one of the streams last weekend, I think it was CountKaiser, that the Pokemon Trainer was being removed and the individual Pokemon were getting their own down-bs. Is this true? Cause I hope it is haha.
They are still thinking about the pros and cons of that choice, nothing was decided yet. I'm all for it, since I don't like the way Smash handles the changes between characters in-fight.

Think about it:
  • Transformations (be it PT, Zelda/Sheik, or Samus) always have a lot of delay.
  • This effectively removes any possibility of combos between forms.
  • Which makes transformations pointless, since allowing you to change characters in game just to change the meta-game in-fight isn't really a thing competitive Smash should support.
  • In the end, a PT with very well balanced Squirtle, Ivy and Char would be the perfect counter to everything, possessing Fast, Strong and Resistent meta-game options. This, theoretically, could counter anything.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, if Dant did that, I would so start using Riivolution. Although I never was able to use textures and musics with it, which annoys me.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Riivolution > GeckoOS in every way except for how you can take the SD card out and update files with Riivolution.

Maybe I should buy a SDHC card and make it work with FPC.......

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Even if they don't add it, I can give you a copy of it.

I'll wait for the patch though before I offer it out. Make sure that adding it to the patch codeset doesn't mess with anything.

Also if you use Riivo I'll throw in Dant's Music engine, so you don't have to replace another song for your CSS one (though I just use Menu 1... why do I need 4 menu songs lol?)
I'd love Dant's code engine if that's all right with you :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I installed the Riivolution installer, and only the basic elements of PM are working. I put BRSTMs and they don't work. Costumes either.

Music, I went: Brawlmods/projectm/sound/strm
Textures, I went: Brawlmods/projectm/fighter/falco
Custom sound (brsar), I went: Brawlmods/projectm/sound

Anyone know why my files who work in Gecko OS don't work on Riivolution?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
For people who don't like 75m, there is a texture on Brawl Vault that goes over 75m and it is really fun, it's called mountain top. even better it doesn't require a .rel file. It simply goes over 75m and replaces it with a pretty fun stage. I can't remember who made though. I currently have that stage in my demo and i play it lots. it has a low ceiling so fox is so broken lol

Also i think it is a really good idea that you guys are keeping the original stages from brawl. I really love spear pillar. It also allows people to put w/e texture they want on the originals without losing the new/retro stages.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Also, seriously, how the hell do you even edit Flat Zone 2? Forget NPC, THAT stage is a mess.

afaik, even most casuals hate NPC, but w/e. I'll make it, it'll be an option, even if you don't incorporate it I'll still be happy with it.

Also, @above, I like 75m. I wouldn't replace it with some random stage.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So no one tries to help, I found the problem. Only the team textures were added to the XML file. I have to add the directories myself.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's really really easy.

If you have it set up as it would be on the disc (pf being the root, then fighter/charfolder)

Just tell it to replace the root ("/") with "/pf/".

Except for Pokémon trainer iirc everything should work fine as they would with file replacement. And PT isn't in the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom