• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I like that one^^

plus mookies an OG.

edit: I ment Mookies not Jcaesars.
The one I posted was actually made by Mookie as well. In case you didn't notice, it's the one used in the intro movie/screen in the demo. I really like the font style on that one.

For reference, it just got reposted
VVV

Slashy

Smash Lord
The first one Mookie made has lots of style and is functional, it tries to captivate you whilst being easy to read.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
The M's in the current and Jcaesar's suggestion look pretty bad to me. The legs shouldn't swoop out like that. It's really obvious that it's the checkmark from Brawl's logo and it just doesn't look very good to me.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
All the small white outlines are annoying to even look at. With all my years of Graphic Desing experience I've always hated outlines that were really thin, in far too much contrast to the colors around it, or strange white shadows. Its just hard for me to look at e.e a simple solid outline would be so much better on them all.

Slashy

Smash Lord
All the small white outlines are annoying to even look at. With all my years of Graphic Desing experience I've always hated outlines that were really thin, in far too much contrast to the colors around it, or strange white shadows. Its just hard for me to look at e.e a simple solid outline would be so much better on them all.
You and evilagram should both create an entirely new logo, since you're both graphic designers.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
The M's in the current and Jcaesar's suggestion look pretty bad to me. The legs shouldn't swoop out like that. It's really obvious that it's the checkmark from Brawl's logo and it just doesn't look very good to me.
That's what pissed me off, using multiple strokes for 1 letter that has no intersections. It's just bad typography. The logo in the OP looks like a disaster.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice to see a few of these new ones edited onto the intro screen. A lot of them look good, but I'd like to see them in game to see how they mesh with the background.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
That's what pissed me off, using multiple strokes for 1 letter that has no intersections. It's just bad typography. The logo in the OP looks like a disaster.
That and the text letters are not level AT ALL. I don't mean to bash the creator of the original, but that one by Mookie looks really really professional in comparison.

Slashy

Smash Lord
It would be nice to see a few of these new ones edited onto the intro screen. A lot of them look good, but I'd like to see them in game to see how they mesh with the background.
Maybe release the final game with themes?

Brawl Theme
Melee Theme
C. Falcon Theme?

That's what Linux distros do with their desktop environments.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I don't think so and man its been a while since I've been to the forums this new layout is pretty nice I do admit. (sigh work).

But anywho in regards to the LD stuff I'm glad its fixed due to that way things will be proper. The one thing I do know is that now that is out of the way theres a ton of more hidden things they can work on as well as possibly the characters. Since it seemed like LD took the most amount of time to figure out how to fix.

I'm gonna try to get Link animation working again for the entrance for him. But I cannot guarntee anything. I still have my worked saved.

The sign I think looks cool as it is since its original. Have you guys tried taking the faces of the characters and filling the M that way? Or possibly screen caputering them in a pose of each character to fill in the M. Regardless either I think would be cool.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
just went back and actually looked deeply at the logo i just quoted >_>
i'm going to have to say it needs a touchup.

the top of the M is clipped and the strokes are twosided. which makes no sense.
other than that it is still my favorite though.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
The text on mine doesn't work without the white outline, I threw in the white on the M at the last minute, here it is without the white:

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
You and evilagram should both create an entirely new logo, since you're both graphic designers.
I would but:
1: I'm content with the current logo, I wouldnt change anything but the brush stroke inconsistencies.
2: It probably wouldnt be used by the br anyhow.

Edit: I like the change you made, Im curious how a [2nd (thicker)] black outline would look encasing the white one.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Part of the reason that I like the current one is that it looks hand-drawn. Like its been inked or something.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Part of the reason that I like the current one is that it looks hand-drawn. Like its been inked or something. Reminds me of something I'd see in a comic-book.
>last post
>mention how mine was hand drawn

oh come on.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Part of the reason that I like the current one is that it looks hand-drawn. Like its been inked or something. Reminds me of something I'd see in a comic-book.
The letters look like a poorly done version of Brawl's font. I think the original M and evilagram's "PROJECT" would look awesome.

I just think that evilagram's letters are superior to the original team's one for that reason.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
just went back and actually looked deeply at the logo i just quoted >_>
i'm going to have to say it needs a touchup.

the top of the M is clipped and the strokes are twosided. which makes no sense.
other than that it is still my favorite though.
I kind of agree, the M in that one could use some work. But I definitely think that the dark, future-y "Project" and the overall layout of that one look the best. And best of all, it looks nothing like the Brawl font :p

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman

Here it is with black text, but still a slight tinge of color, because brawl's had that.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I kind of agree, the M in that one could use some work. But I definitely think that the dark, future-y "Project" and the overall layout of that one look the best. And best of all, it looks nothing like the Brawl font :p
Nah, the "project" part is a stock font, screw those.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Don't bash Brawl's aesthetics just because it has bad gameplay

Arguably Brawl's font closer mimics the insanity this game is supposed to have, this logo above wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it tried to look "ominous" and "futuristic".

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Second looks more official, but first one looks a tad better in design sense.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Well if you put the one Makai put up and Invert its colors in MS Paint it looks pretty damn awesome. Just would have to outline the M again I think.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out that saying that anything from Brawl is automatically bad is absurd.

Project:M is a video game, where trophies come to life and a giant monkey and an electric rat can fight on a Pirate Ship.

Nothing about Project:M needs to be serious, just because Melee with its aesthetics doesn't mean that Brawl or Smash 64 are bad since they try to be crazy and creative. Don't lose sight because after all the numerical values, coding, balance changes, and controller modifications that this is will be far more meaningful than a game where a giant gorrilla fights an electric rat.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
It was drawn from scratch in a combination of flash and photoshop to match the original brawl font.

Hi-res version here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/416986/Pictures/ProjMlogoComposite.png
Just for reference, that wasn't what I meant. I meant the original looked as if it was hand-drawn on paper, then scanned onto the computer to be touched up in something like photoshop. I wasn't implying you hadn't drawn anything.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to editing the strokes a bit in the original title, so long as the rest of it stayed the same.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I never really thought about it but, will project m always be called "Project M" even after it's released? that'd be kinda strange.

Personally, I think it should be called Melee: Second Impact!

Okay not really but you get my point.

And Jcz, I think the font should be a bit bigger on that one.

Edit: Partially ninja'd by soth lol
No. It should be called M.E.L.E.E

Men
Emulate
Long-lasting
Extrodinary
Euporhia

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Okay...I have no idea how that discussion on logos started up, but the stream should be starting up in a few minutes. To tide you over until then, on request of PeachEater74, a gif of ganon landing on DL64 plat.

[ 8:12 pm] Pyrax lol at the tree blinking thinking what the **** just happened

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, check it out, I can make stupid effects from stock textures in seconds too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom