• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So anyway, what has been decided for the shoulder buttons? I really like wave dashing/landing with a light press.
That's already been removed. The trigger threshold is back to Melee levels, although you can shield with light-presses.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They're pretty adamantly against it, and for good reason: Sheik was already pretty great, and I can see him rising to the top with his buffed Down-B.
Besides, with the strides they've made in custom AI, I don't think it'll be a problem much longer.
Two things about this post.

1. Sheiks a girl
2. She's already top I'm pretty sure.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Shiek was A tier, so not S, but close as heck. Even if she would have gotten a minor boost, she still has room to not get broken. Of course, I think she's fine as her Melee self. A tier is a pretty nice position.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
i thought turning into sheik actually changed the gender
That's a debate. In Ocarina of time, there is no evidence that she swaps genders. In the mangas, however, they say it was Impa that turned Zelda into a "young man": Sheik. But the manga is not cannon, so I think this argument is moot.

Some also argue that she turns herself into a male with magic to avoid being recognized by Gannon's minions That again is conjecture.

Others say she just went transexual... dressing as a male, but being a woman.

So the real answer, I think, is that we do not know.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
They're pretty adamantly against it, and for good reason: Sheik was already pretty great, and I can see him rising to the top with his buffed Down-B.
Besides, with the strides they've made in custom AI, I don't think it'll be a problem much longer.
I get that. Not to mention so far I've had great success with sheik just simply being able to grab the ledge backwards. That buff alone has made a HUGE impact on sheik for me. probably more than her Tether would. Your right about the AI thing though.

Shiek was A tier, so not S, but close as heck. Even if she would have gotten a minor boost, she still has room to not get broken. Of course, I think she's fine as her Melee self. A tier is a pretty nice position.
last time I looked She is back in S where she should be. Right below Jiggs, Falco, and Fox. is pretty much the gate keeper of S tier. Aside from the other 3 she pretty much beats anyone else.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Don't kid yourself bro. Sheik's definitly top tier in melee. And I could careless about the tier list, I got my own. Broken? Yeah I would say that, but Falco, Fox, Marth, and Jiggs are broken too. lol
i thought turning into sheik actually changed the gender
Some people believe that, I don't.

That's a debate. In Ocarina of time, there is no evidence that she swaps genders. In the mangas, however, they say it was Impa that turned Zelda into a "young man": Sheik. But the manga is not cannon, so I think this argument is moot.

Some also argue that she turns herself into a male with magic to avoid being recognized by Gannon's minions That again is conjecture.

Others say she just went transexual... dressing as a male, but being a woman.

So the real answer, I think, is that we do not know.
I'm ALMOST sure impa said that in OoT. I can't remember when but i definitly remember her saying it. I never read the manga either.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Marth would have to be twice the man he is to be half as manly as Sheik.

And Dant's post makes me believe we're gonna get some clones running around.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure in OoT, Zelda cut her hair and strapped down her breasts to appear more masculine (note that Zelda doesn't exactly have the biggest breasts out there so it's easier to hide them)

or at least that's the most logical reason to me why Sheik is Zelda

in TP they changed Zelda's hair color to brown for some reason but in Brawl, Sheik kept the blonde color but they made the hair long like zelda's except it's tied down into a single strand.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Does it really matter what gender sheik is? She is still a top tier D: Her fair :(
No, I don't think so but I just thought to add on to that brief gender discussion. I dunno, when people question if Sheik is really Zelda it kind of baffles me lol.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Sheik is Zelda's disguise. Zelda is a woman. Therefore Sheik is a woman. Zelda uses magic to alter her clothing and appearance and takes on the guise of a young man. If cosplayers can do it then Zelda can. Do people honestly believe that she changes gender? She uses her magic to grow a wang so her disguise is just that more authentic? Come on Zelda community, this shouldn't even be a discussion.

As for Dant's discovery, imma go with extra costume slots.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol you guys

i know what it is but I won't tell you :D
So then...why even post this?

I know it's become PMBR tradition for someone to make a teasing post followed by a few sporadic post of a "I know something you don't know nature" but really why do it?

I mean it's not really....fun anymore. At least not to me personally. Over a year of it and thousands of pages into it I don't see why that specific game is needed? Why not just a simple "hey we did this" and be done with it?

bleyva

Smash Ace
i for one welcome hype-trolling, it makes this thread much more entertaining to read.

please, dont apologize :D

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
So then...why even post this?

I know it's become PMBR tradition for someone to make a teasing post followed by a few sporadic post of a "I know something you don't know nature" but really why do it?

I mean it's not really....fun anymore. At least not to me personally. Over a year of it and thousands of pages into it I don't see why that specific game is needed? Why not just a simple "hey we did this" and be done with it?
Put yourself in their shoes, every day (I talk for my experience) ppl come here expecting to see PATCH OUT!, and from what I can see either they are waiting to release a really good damn demo, or (I know maybe Im xpecting too much) a full rooster pre final build with LD fixed teethers and dantarion's magic here n there, so leading to ppl expecting another thing ( we discover........ ull have to wait for it) gives them more days and distraction for us common humans to expect and dont bother with "we wantz the full roster bleh".

Thats how i think things are going.... but thts just my "non native english speaker opinion"

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Honestly, I have no idea why I posted that. I'm sleep deprived. Sorry.
I'm not trying to single you out...in retrospect that seems like somewhat of a **** post. I just no longer want to play the guessing game is all.

i for one welcome hype-trolling, it makes this thread much more entertaining to read.

please, dont apologize :D
your free to enjoy it. After all even though you've been posting here since around the same time I believe you checked out for awhile because you were more into brawl plus and you didn't have much faith in this project but now in recent months you want to join in all the fun.....which is cool and all but...people who've been consistently teased for months-years might start getting a bit of a headache these days...at least when its 3:00 am or later. Thats all I'm saying ;)

Put yourself in their shoes, every day (I talk for my experience) ppl come here expecting to see PATCH OUT!, and from what I can see either they are waiting to release a really good damn demo, or (I know maybe Im xpecting too much) a full rooster pre final build with LD fixed teethers and dantarion's magic here n there, so leading to ppl expecting another thing ( we discover........ ull have to wait for it) gives them more days and distraction for us common humans to expect and dont bother with "we wantz the full roster bleh".

Thats how i think things are going.... but thts just my "non native english speaker opinion"
I hear you and I know and understand the reasons for such a thing. I just think it's time for something new. A new game lol...maybe but given the pressure being put on now since the popularity of this project has grown by about 100 times since this time last year.

I will say that the PM team has managed to learn from the mistakes of other projects and earlier mistakes. They aren't ones to make the same mistake twice. Last time setting a date for the demo was a problem so I'm sure they won't set a date for the patch this time around not until it's pretty much already finalized.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Everyone should know that I have been doing side quests for a while now.
AI
Extra Song/SFX IDs
Extra Song slots for stages
Extra ____ slots
Changing Menu SFX
....so much stuff I don't even remember it all.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm sure Dant just added new costume slots. He said he could do it and it didn't seem to be complicated(to him).

The real question is: Will this mistery discovery be PM exclusive for a while? If so, then add it to the demo at least.

and lol @ 4nace

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I stand corrected, Sheik is S tier. I may have based this on an old tier lost. I haven't been competitive in melee for a long while.

And hey, what's left?

Costume slots or character, I think.

I don't see what else they can add slots in and be relevant to Project M. We'll probably know in the near future.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
What would be very useful for me to complement extra slots is a reordering of costume slots so the order of the numbers correspond with the order of colors. Would make compiling texture hacks much much easier.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Nah, Dant added kinect support. So for example, say I want to do snake's vbrawl utilt. I'd be going to the hospital.

In all seriousness though. I really really want new color slots since in most cases I don't like replacing colors. Specially if they're team colors.

Edit: So has anyone tried (and is good) at project m with any other controller? I tried using the classic but the control stick feels awful with that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom