• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Spam arrow, just to clarify. Hackless method boots Gecko OS from the stage loader, so you can do anything that someone with a hacked Wii can do with your console save for Riivolution exclusive things such as changing videos and sound effects.The only difference is that you boot Gecko without actually installing it on your Wii memory.

Changing music, textures, movesets, etc... is all possible. For ressources, try Brawlvault. There are a lot of viable tracks and textures there. I'm sure you'll find stuff to amuse yourself with.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Spam_Arrows just a word of caution when replacing the demo files, keep a backup folder on your computer of the original files the devs have in those folders, that way if you don't like a texture, or something you can put the original back in.

also a question with the patch will it be added onto the already existing files(ie just place these files in XXXX), or will you guys make us simply redownload the whole thing?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Spam_Arrows just a word of caution when replacing the demo files, keep a backup folder on your computer of the original files the devs have in those folders, that way if you don't like a texture, or something you can put the original back in.

also a question with the patch will it be added onto the already existing files(ie just place these files in XXXX), or will you guys make us simply redownload the whole thing?
Nice..I checked it out and I can't believe the things people have come up with. Even custom movesets for characters like Cloud for example....what free time it must consume to do things like this....:o

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think they said the whole thing. Every character was modified somehow. And the code too. So almost every file needs to be replaced.

And Spam, just cautioning you, the PSAs might mess up in PM. They were not made with it in mind.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
lol ya i have hyrule castle already in my demo, and countless textures, and many different stages.

Including ones I made, in my sig (shameless plug)

Edit:answered ninja'd by Vig

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
As much as I want the tether thing to get fixed idk how it would be possible. Also a major thing about them also is they also have a limit use on them on the stage. If i'm not mistaken the usage you can only use the thether for a return while off stage is 3. Unless that gets fixed also I would suggest just either making the returns better or give new returns.

I did have an idea for thether returns but I thought to myself it wouldn't work. What I was thinking was adding in a platform (s) into the wall but then I got to thinking even if that did work for thethers wouldn't it just mess up the other characters who can scale the wall as well.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The thing with tethers is that they have two inherit flaws from brawl
1-they haven't figured out how to extend their length
2-they haven't fiured out how to get them to attach to the wall

which i'd assume makes them harder to work with/ figure out

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The thing with tethers is that they have two inherit flaws from brawl
1-they haven't figured out how to extend their length
2-they haven't fiured out how to get them to attach to the wall

which i'd assume makes them harder to work with/ figure out
IIrc, I was told that tether length can be extended, animation, hit box, everything. No wall-attaching goodness yet. :(

Revven

FrankerZ
IIrc, I was told that tether length can be extended, animation, hit box, everything. No wall-attaching goodness yet. :(
No they definitely can't. If it were possible Shadic would have made Link's clawshot longer by now, but that isn't the case. All we can actually change are the hitboxes and the ledgegrab box of the tether but that doesn't work without an animation change which we can't do.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
that is quite a shame about tethers....if only they weren't made so crappy to begin with

btw, when doing a Z-air mid airdodge you seem to begin to fall quite early (ending the AD animation) which i'm assuming happened with the implementation of MAD thus creating AGT and you guys just rolled with it?

would it be possible for a Z-air not to make you fall until after the AD "hang-time" when doing a neutral MAD?

this simply came to mind because it would bother me that my Z-air would cancel out when trying to do low Z-airs. I'm aware that fixed LD will help with this but i still think it would make a nice addition if it could be tweaked. nothing too important just wondering if it was possible

Edit:
it could just be Brawl's awful landing detection but it seems you fall too early in P:M. I wonder how it is in the latest builds tho

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
One has the control stick messed up, and the other has the cstick messed up :/
Frankenstein them!

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT BUY ANY CONTROLLER FROM ANYTHING OTHER THAN NINTENDO.
But Nintendo doesn't make 360 controllers…!:troll:

As for tethers: Does the BR know how tethers work in Melee?
If not, that gives me more hope for their implementation in PM.
If so, and then you're clearly not able to just port it over, which makes give up (almost) all hope they can ever be implemented. Not that it affects me, though…

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I'd rather get the white ones with the long cord on amazon than the platinum ones form the nintendo store. Plus the white ones match the Wii =p

shanus

Smash Hero
Rikana - many of your questions will be answered in due time with blog posts ;-)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The white ones often have complaints about the trigger buttons. They do feel different. If you aren't switching from an older one then it's no problem. Mine is orange with a clear back. :laugh:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If you mean Anascape, the ruling was reversed last year, and Ninty can sell GC and CCs again.
Yes that what i mean, i just heard they lost and never really payed attention to it afterwards, so i guess its good news, my controller is starting to go after 9 years of button mashing.:(

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
ya I know what you mean about the controllers my down on my analog on my original cube controller is broke. So Im sort of versed to using a Wavebird for the time being. But generally the thing with lawsuit they tried against nintendo they also tried the same crap on playstation, and 360 as well. Which if you think about it the 360 controller and the Cube controller are almost the same exact design with some changes.

lol this controller looks pretty sweet. just found this looking on google and searched game cube controller.

As cool as it looks I would still perfer a nintendo franchised controller. Ive used 3rd party ones before and they suck.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I just bought a new controller a week or two ago, and I decided on the platinum Nintendo one. My brother convinced me.
If it has a longer cord, then commands take longer to register (By about .000000001 of a second). Also, more cord equals more to break. The white on does look waaaaay cooler, though.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If it has a longer cord, then commands take longer to register (By about .000000001 of a second).
....you realize you are talking about the speed of electricity through a cable and thinking about lag right?

OH NOES EVERYONE, GET SHORTER AV CABLES TO KEEP THE DISPLAY FROM LAGGING.
But seriously, youre talking about something traveling about 95% of the speed of light. Cable length isn't going to matter.

GPDP

Smash Ace
....you realize you are talking about the speed of electricity through a cable and thinking about lag right?

But seriously, youre talking about something traveling about 95% of the speed of light. Cable length isn't going to matter.
God, I wish there were a Thanks feature on Smashboards.

jalued

Smash Lord

actually, the electrons move very very slowly... they just produce a chain reaction that sends an incredibly fast pulse along the wire

NeoZ

Smash Ace
As spoon has said, white controllers are sold by Amazon, I don't know why Nintendo doesn't sell them themselves in the US.
The difference is 5 dollars between the platinum one and the white one, which has a longer cord.
Here's a link for people too lazy to search: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017KIBAI/

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
lol thats the difference right there. that extra long cord is what nintendo is charging the extra $5.00 for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom