• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
EVERY CHARACTER is THE BEST when used properly. Zelda is the same as Metaknight, the characters were all made to be even so tier lists and matchups are so stupid.
Obviously not a troll, everything he states should be addressed seriously by the PMBR.

Ecks

Smash Lord
As if anyone actually gives two damns or a **** what he's saying.

Now that the site's back up I think you guys should put the blogposts there too.

Rikana

Smash Champion
yeah w/e dude the fact is zelda is as good as metaknight and snake because the creators who made the game made it BALANCED

it's because people like MEWTWOKING use MK that everyone thinks he is the best. if m2k picked up Zelda he would still come first all the time because all the characters are balanced.

Remember guys, you heard me say that first.

BRAWL IS SUPER BALANCED

NeoZ

Smash Ace
yeah w/e dude the fact is zelda is as good as metaknight and snake because the creators who made the game made it BALANCED

it's because people like MEWTWOKING use MK that everyone thinks he is the best. if m2k picked up Zelda he would still come first all the time because all the characters are balanced.

Remember guys, you heard me say that first.

BRAWL IS SUPER BALANCED
ALL CHARACTERS ARE CREATED EQUAL, how in the world is it that people don't know this?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm willing to bet its a ******** kid and not a troll. ******** kids are balanced.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have had the same controller for five years, still works fine. I don't go to tournaments but I play smash everyday for about 3+ hours. I got my controller from PlayAsia. If they are still selling them, I would say go buy some from them. :bee:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I've had my controller from Gamestop since like October, and it has worked great since then. They are hard to come by though, seeing as I had to resort to buying one online after failing to find any at 3 different Gamestops.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Gamecube controllers are actually really rare. I always check when I go into a Gamestop & have never seen one, luckily I got a few left over from the glory days + I picked up two for $15 at the flea market once. All my rich ******* friends have white controllers, there the ****.

On topic, blogposts, you guys are killing me! just gimmie my fix NAO

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Used controllers run a risk of having bad sticks. I prefer getting my controllers new. And Avoid Madcatz. Had one once and you can't even run, XD.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Weird one of my favorite controllers was a madcatz, I had that thing since... well at least 8ish years worked fine for at least 5...

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
The first GC controllers I got were icon since there were no nintendo ones available new or used anywhere. You can't not run with those things, so touchy. I eventually found play-asia.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
perhaps. they are messed up atm because of the way momentum stacking works.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I never thought I'd say this but...I think I'm gonna be a Sonic Main in this. or at least Co-Main him. He's got so much potential if I can learn to control him. Given time I think he can he is good enough and fast enough to fight everyone.

Not to mention it's insanely fun to abuse his speed to dodge via running which is something that characters like Fox,falcon, and marth could do but Sonic does it so much better. I managed to dodge Marth's Side-B combo :laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have had the same controller for five years, still works fine. I don't go to tournaments but I play smash everyday for about 3+ hours. I got my controller from PlayAsia. If they are still selling them, I would say go buy some from them. :bee:
So weird. I'm not a very technical player and I've gone through probably 8-10 controllers since I started playing Melee competitively (early '04). I got a white one from PlayAsia soon after Brawl was released, and it lasted me until right before I had to play Lain in the Project M tourney at Pound 5, when the stick just stopped working (oh that comedic timing, gotta love it. I did have a mediocre backup though).

I would never ever buy a used controller. Never.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've gone through only 1 controller playing since Melee/Brawl, but that's not really a fair stance, seeing as the C-Stick on my current controller is sort of.... close to dead; and it has been for like a year. All the other controllers I have are older and possibly even worse off, so I really need a new one soon.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I broke like... 8. But to be fair, I'd usually bring a few to tourneys, and one got broken because a scrub got mad because he "didn't get to use his modified controller". It's just that I stop using a controller when for example, I have to press very hard to get something to work, or when the stick gets too loose. But yeah, at tourneys, people can be pretty rough on them. I was also part of a gaming club where we only play Melee in high school. My controllers were used pretty extensively.

Now I just need arguments to tell people that this thing is legal. I know that I can just explain how it doesn' tinstall Gecko and is all external, but I need one that even an idiot can understand.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Never broken a controller, been playing melee and a billion other games heavily since the gamecube came out.

I have 4 perfectly fine controllers, and a few buggy madcatz pieces of ****.

I know a store in manhattan that sells original gamecube controllers. Gamestop sells proprietary brand GC controllers.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
I have the same controller since I started to play competitivelly here, which might be 5 or 4 years, and it is still top.

Granted, the original that came with my Cube (i bought the Cube on his first year, mind you) can play any other game but Melee (a problem with the Stick). I've lost probably only two controllers in my entire Melee life (but they can play any other games).

Another thing though, some of mine have lost the rubber protection on the stick, which makes playing them a little hurtfull if you don't have light fingers.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Now I just need arguments to tell people that this thing is legal. I know that I can just explain how it doesn't install Gecko and is all external, but I need one that even an idiot can understand.
I'm knowledgeable about copyright law in the US.

It's perfectly legal to perform any sort of modification that you like to systems that you own as per this section of US copyright law: http://www.copyright.gov/1201/ (AKA, the section that made jailbreaking your smartphones legal.) It's legal in most other countries on the basis that you paid for the damn device, and the damn game, so they can't lynch you for having files you paid for.

As for explaining that nothing is directly installed to the system, that is just a matter of tellin' em real simple-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom