• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They will remain spontaneous. We can't just pick and choose when these finds come up. :laugh:
While true, shanus has implied or, IIRC, even directly stated that they've had a discovery or two (maybe more) already around. Maybe the finds are being incorporated into the characters before showing it off?

Unless I'm completely wrong on all of this.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, they always have pictures to support their findings, so I think they would need to implement them to some extent.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
I know this is futile but:

Some friends who play Smash competitivelly are going to spend the weekend at my home. They loved projectM when we here first showed it to them, and auspiciously the DEMO already has all our mains on it... So...

What are the chances that the Patch could come tomorrow? :D

You know, hope never dies...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I agree with Eternal Yoshi. Think about it. The more time it takes, the more is being done and possibly added to the demo. it is in our best interest to be patient.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Perhaps the PMBR can provide some patch notes or a quick summary of what that patch has to offer, leave us hanging, then SUPRISE!, spring the patch on us out of no where. Like Blizzard. I dread 4.1. Spell reflect, nooooo.

In all seriousness, I'm beginning to lose track of what's going to be in that patch and a quick summary would be lovely. And it will probably make the amount of accomplishments look that much better, you know, in a long list or wall of text.

shanus

Smash Hero
While true, shanus has implied or, IIRC, even directly stated that they've had a discovery or two (maybe more) already around. Maybe the finds are being incorporated into the characters before showing it off?

Unless I'm completely wrong on all of this.
No, you are right :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Perhaps the PMBR can provide some patch notes or a quick summary of what that patch has to offer, leave us hanging, then SUPRISE!, spring the patch on us out of no where. Like Blizzard. I dread 4.1. Spell reflect, nooooo.

In all seriousness, I'm beginning to lose track of what's going to be in that patch and a quick summary would be lovely. And it will probably make the amount of accomplishments look that much better, you know, in a long list or wall of text.
If you want the main points, try Smashmods, the blog posts give you what you need to know. And Dantarion found something but he won't tell us as usual, XD.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I'd rather play with the characters in the demo as near to there completion as possible even if that means waiting for more things to be discovered. Patiece is key.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
If you want the main points, try Smashmods, the blog posts give you what you need to know. And Dantarion found something but he won't tell us as usual, XD.
I have caught up, it's just that walls of text are kind of hype. With all this suspense and not knowing, why not consolidate all the changes yet omit a release date?

I dunno, I like lists.

shanus

Smash Hero
I have caught up, it's just that walls of text are kind of hype. With all this suspense and not knowing, why not consolidate all the changes yet omit a release date?

I dunno, I like lists.
We have a big list, but not all of it is public yet :p

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Just a silly question. P:M has got me used to a great attention to detail, so I'm wondering if you're going to be changing the animations to go with the new landing detection? In Melee it doesn't look great, with the characters instantly changing stance when landing on their knees.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I don't see why GeckoOS would be supported over Riivolution in the first place.

Riivolution opens you up to a much bigger crowd of players.
I've been using GeckoOS/Ocarina since the dawn of Smash hacking, using Riivolution is just something else I would need to take the time to learn. That's my reason for not switching yet, even though I see the obvious benefits of Riivolution (sound swapping, FFFFUU).

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Will Falco be able to SHL a crouched Gaw with the new landing detection? I don't know if him and Jigglypuff are the same.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well if Dantarion fixes his sound engine, riivolution won't have any advantages to gecko os right?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I believe riivolution can load textures through wifi, so it's useful for developers.
I forgot about that.

Anyway, that's a feature mostly devs use, so it isn't a big reason to switch (assuming Dant fixes the sound engine of course).

Slashy

Smash Lord
I forgot about that.

Anyway, that's a feature mostly devs use, so it isn't a big reason to switch (assuming Dant fixes the sound engine of course).
It's easier to set up a tournament on unmodded consoles if you don't need to worry about having an SD card for every console.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom