• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
The stage seems perfect for camping and time outs....
You may not be able to circle camp or infinite against walls but hiding below the walls, especially on the side with the **** tent, is a ridiculously strong position and can be near unapproachable in some matchups.
If tornadoes can ever be added, they'd be a natural deterrence to camping and stalling. And if a matchup really is impossible there, that's what stage bans are for.
On a personal note, I can't wait to go Pikachu there.

So, was it ever revealed who the secret awesome character was? (Assuming it's real and they're not just playing with us.)

D

Deleted member

If you got timed out on that stage you are really bad.

REALLY bad.
What if you're a Fox player circle camping the stage and running around lasering a Peach or a Ganon?

I can easily see Fox/Falcon/Falco using stalling tactics by using lasers to camp and using their fast vertical speed to climb to the top of HC64 and stall there. When their opponent comes, they run away and laser more or beat them with their quick speed.

Same problem as KJ64 imo. Inaccessible to certain character physics and movesets.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
What if you're a Fox player circle camping the stage and running around lasering a Peach or a Ganon?

I can easily see Fox/Falcon/Falco using stalling tactics by using lasers to camp and using their fast vertical speed to climb to the top of HC64 and stall there. When their opponent comes, they run away and laser more or beat them with their quick speed.

Same problem as KJ64 imo. Inaccessible to certain character physics and movesets.
:awesome:

If you are a Ganon and the Fox is running away lasering you, eventually they'll reach one of the ledges, because it isn't a circle. You do know that circle camping actually requires a circle, right? It isn't just running away.

If they go to the top of the central platforms, their only options are to drop down, jump onto the tent or jump down the opposite side of the tent. All of those options can be covered with relative ease by both Ganondorf and Peach.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
lol I wouldn't be worried about fox and falco. Theyre both just too good. Wolf on the other hand doesn't even look good enough to be called a spacie.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you are playing ganon and have trouble stopping a sonic player from running around you; just wizkick or gerudo. If they are trying to be above you; uair/fair.

ezpz

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If you are playing ganon and have trouble stopping a sonic player from running around you; just wizkick or gerudo. If they are trying to be above you; uair/fair.

ezpz
Nah I've learned my less. I'm never getting someone significantly slower than sonic on a big stage...it's just not gonna happen. I'm using Captain Falcon instead :awesome:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I've never had particular difficulty with chasing down fast characters on that stage. Its just a matter of knowing their options; it can definitely be done.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I've never had particular difficulty with chasing down fast characters on that stage. Its just a matter of knowing their options; it can definitely be done.
it can be done but i don't feel like trying to do it. This project wasn't made for people to run like ******s.....if so we'd have just kept playing brawl >_>.

there are characters much slower than Ganon anyways. Not sure they will be able to catch him. Not to mention when players start Pink Shinobi'ing it with other characters it could become a very ghey stage.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
it can be done but i don't feel like trying to do it. This project wasn't made for people to run like ******s.....if so we'd have just kept playing brawl >_>.

there are characters much slower than Ganon anyways. Not sure they will be able to catch him. Not to mention when players start Pink Shinobi'ing it with other characters it could become a very ghey stage.
What character is slower than ganon in the demo? Zelda?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
lol @ people being sad at the thought of anti-spacies.

****ing grow some ballsssssssssssssssssssss
No, it's more of a matchup thing. As in I am not against Anti-spacies, but I ama gainst a majority of characters being anti-spacies. I'd rather see "Characters who can fight on about equal grounds with a spacie" to be the general rule. And if the spacies have anti-spacies matchups, they need anti other chars matchups. I'm just saying that the gola is not to make a "spcies **** squad" but to make them all good. Some new characters also need combo options to combo more floaty characters.

Good =/= killing spacies if the game is to be more balanced. Indeed, in Melee, there was Spacie soverepresentation. Now Project M will bring everyone up to par, so characters don,t need to be "all" spacie killers, since everyone will become viable.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I don't see many characters that actually "counter" the spacies right now(in the demo). Link doesn't, lucas doesn't, Zelda doesn't, G&W doesn't, Snake doesn't, really i'd like to see a list of characters that do.....marth, maybe jigglypuff. Not much else. Its just that most match-ups against them are no longer 70-30 or worse

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Back to about the furry countering, I feel that the metagame of P:M would change with the restrictions on DI.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'd say Zelda is a good counter now, but more to Falco, than Fox.I use her against other Falcos and they don,t usually last long. Link is better now against spacies, but not a counter.Lucas also is a good pick against spacies. he can gimp them well.

I'd say if I were to fight spacies, I'd pick Zelda or Lucas at this point.

And Snake is good against Sonic :)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Zelda gets pressured by them too much when they are inside her spam wall, Lucas may do better against Fox but Falcos lazers tend to stop a lot of his approach options. Again the match-up isn't bad, but to say lucas/zelda "counter" the spacies is a stretch. Go even with sure, but not a counter.

Ecks

Smash Lord
There should be a code that doubles the stock loss of spacies. :awesome:

Seriously, spacies are too good. I just can't see them being bad.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, they'll never be bad the way they are. I just cautioned against trying too hard to give every char anti-spacies metagames. It doesn't look like it will be like that from the demo perspective though.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, Ganon is "slow" but sufficiently fast if used expertly. Bowser is a punisher. D3, it's all up in the air for now.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Alright then, what character not in the demo is slower than ganon? lol Bowser?
The same people who were slower than him in melee and brawl...who else would I be talking about? Either way lots of people slower than bowser or don't get the kind of height they'll need to keep someone from timing them out. It's a combination of DK64 and Dreamland imo. I like the stage but there are already enough good counter-pick stages. Frankly I'd rather play on neutrals only like they do it in europe tournaments.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
shanus I'm pretty sure he's talking about a couple matches we had this past weekend on our livestream. TH and I vs Bandit's Zelda. Zelda has quite an effective CG on Falco.

I don't really mind Zelda's CG on Falco. Falco is a character who is so good in general that he needs weaknesses like that. And it doesn't break the matchup imo. Granted Thunderhorse and I both got 2 stocked by Bandit's on FD back to back. TH kinda got ***** by the CGs because most of the time he would just DI straight to the edge and get kicked at 50. I stayed toward the middle of the stage and escaped a few times just by mixing up my DI, and even if Bandit read me correctly, I could escape around 70. But I don't have TH's tech skill so when I go on offense I can't **** like he does with Falco. So we both got 2 stocked. But I think if you play the matchup right it's definitely not unwinnable even on FD, and on other stages it's much closer to even. And again, there's no question that Falco is an insanely good character, so I think it's perfectly healthy to have a bad matchup like this (Pikachu also ***** Falco btw). Besides, in tournament a smart Falco player will probably ban FD in that matchup anyway.

Do you think you could post a link to that video and the timestamp for when those matches start? I would but I'm at work and my internet is slow and spotty.
Zelda cgs falco in melee with uthrow..... either way cgs are easily escapable especially in pm. What I do in melee is di slightly behind to where they can't tell if im in front or behind them and if they hesitate for a split second I shine them out of the cg. If they don't cg like m2k perfect I always shine out of it.

And for whoever asked im in greensboro nc

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm 100% against changing HC64, In fact, I'd love it if the whirlwinds could be added. Same goes for Tbay (If it could be added). There are a bunch of tournament stages already. Hell I'm surprised I actually like Temple:m (I hate the plus version).

I was meaning to ask about Ganon. Is he overall faster than Melee Ganon? He feels faster to me, but then again I'm not much of a Ganon player.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm 100% against changing HC64, In fact, I'd love it if the whirlwinds could be added. Same goes for Tbay (If it could be added). There are a bunch of tournament stages already. Hell I'm surprised I actually like Temple:m (I hate the plus version).
What's so different from the Plus and the P:M version?

leelue

Smash Lord
ok
1st, someone mentioned that snake is a good counter to sonic. As a former(ish) sonic main, someone with a lot of experience against snake, and as someone who now plays snake, I agree. The little guy can't kill him with most of his bag-o-tricks, and if the stage is on the small side it feels like you're trapped.

About zelda vs falco
I'm fine with characters being good against characters, and a 75-25 matchup here and there arent the end of the world. It just bothers me when the disparities are due almost solely because of practically inescapable combos from zeroish to 70. That's lame.
I understand sneak when he inferred that most people arent m2k, but you can't rely on people not having tech skill forever.

I really wish that you could tech into a jump... I've felt as though an extra option could be preferable for a while now. I also know this will never happen, but that's ok too.

Thanks JC for backing me up. Silly shanus. Thinking I'm not well informed.
I've read every page out of the last 900 or so, the op four or five times, virtually every thread on smashmods, I post fairly regularly (while receiving good feedback) on both sites, and review all the terrible videos on YouTube.

Oh, and I practice.

I'm like... the biggest pm sponge possible. Tsk, tsk, shanus.
Tsk. Tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom