• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
What's keeping Samus out?
If you've seen the streams; bomb jumping, double jump(if you cancel the DJ with an aerial, it goes the distance of a normal DJ), utilt animation doesn't match the hitbox timings, and other random anim edits.

"Keeping samus out" means to me that you think we'd add her to the demo.

As we have stated before, no characters will be added to the patch.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If you already said it, you can just quote the post(s).

Also, pitting Lucas, a new character, against melee top tiers, who've had 10 years and hundreds of people developing their metagame, and expecting him to be able to compete on their level instantly seems like too much wishful thinking.

I say give people time to figure him out, you can even contribute yourself, so that strategies and styles can develop.
I don't feel like searching this thread. Especially to answer people who frequent it. Although you bring up an interesting point. One I'd not previously thought of. I've been playing Smash for...well in less than 1 hour it'll be 12 years. I know all there is to know about most of the cast. I'm not the kinda player that mains 1 or 2 people only because it gets old. I play every "viable" character and some "enviable" also so I know how to play the game relatively well. I'm exploring him but he's hit a wall. I can do what I can with him for now until he's improved by the fix of physics or during the balance phase.

The problem with your argument is that you believe it is a fact, while in reality it is only your opinion.
Just because you say Lucas sucks, doesn't mean it is true.
Like NeoZ said, Lucas still needs to be fully figured out before start to rant about how he supposedly does or does not suck.
I don't mean to come off as arrogant but I can see how you'd look at it that way. I don't understand why you'd use someone else's opinion as your argument against mine is all......

Saying tools with lucas aren't there is just admitting your level of creativity just isn't as good as it needs to be to play lucas this early on. You just have to think outside of the box. Snake is pretty developed and i've came up with alot of trix to use but he is like the new falcon. You have to be better than the other person and outplay them completely to win.
Saying tools with Snake aren't there is just admitting your level of creativity just isn't as good as it needs to be to play Snake this early on. You just have to think outside of the box. i've come up with alot of tricks to use with Lucas but he is like the new falcon. You have to be better than the other person and outplay them completely to win.:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Seems to me like almost everything here is an opinion....the difference is between who shares what opinion and how many people share it....at least thats what I'm seeing.

as for adding more character...why the hell not. I'm sick of playing the demo now knowing i'm getting use to something that is finite and will soon be much different...although now I may start playing it more seeing as how the next patch will probably not be for a few months. Maybe ad someone else who ends up being mostly done...I've seen alot of Bowser, Warior, MK...etc...maybe they might make it in.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Saying tools with Snake aren't there is just admitting your level of creativity just isn't as good as it needs to be to play Snake this early on. You just have to think outside of the box. i've come up with alot of tricks to use with Lucas but he is like the new falcon. You have to be better than the other person and outplay them completely to win.:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
Way to attempt at trolling and not making any sense lol. If you seen my Snake, which I'm sure you have, I've developed enough for people to think he was broken before people actually had the chance to play him so creativity on my part wouldn't be the problem. I'm not saying snake is bad but he is worse than lucas as far as match ups go. Lucas actually can approach with nair & fair and pretty much be safe. I'll just show you what lucas can do because your obviously doing something wrong and need a blueprint.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol warior

btw spam, do you have a youtube account? if so, do you have pm demo vids up?
I got the first match I played and a bunch of highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBXElnipAr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzHHgOF4MY(highlight video)

I so guess I'll start Uploading PM videos again. I was waiting for the patch but it looks like it's not ever gonna come out.(obvious exaggeration). I'll upload more videos if i'm given the most recent code set and allowed to test builds and stuff :):):):):)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Seriously though, why not Ike? I'm pretty sure he's complete, and it wouldn't take you any time to add. Besides him you should analyze other characters that seems almost complete(like Boozer). At least Ike would make a fine addition and a refreshing new face to the demo.

Revven

FrankerZ
Seriously though, why not Ike? I'm pretty sure he's complete, and it wouldn't take you any time to add. Besides him you should analyze other characters that seems almost complete(like Boozer). At least Ike would make a fine addition and a refreshing new face to the demo.
You don't realize the vast changes that need to be done to characters that are not in the demo.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Way to attempt at trolling and not making any sense lol. If you seen my Snake, which I'm sure you have, I've developed enough for people to think he was broken before people actually had the chance to play him so creativity on my part wouldn't be the problem. I'm not saying snake is bad but he is worse than lucas as far as match ups go. Lucas actually can approach with nair & fair and pretty much be safe. I'll just show you what lucas can do because your obviously doing something wrong and need a blueprint.
I'm not saying you aren't creative and I've been watching your snake for...year now? something like that. Creativity isn't everything sometimes someone just has to take what you do to a new level or just use their own creativity to play different but perhaps more effectively. An Example would be Marth in melee. Everyone pretty much credits Ken with the creation of everything modern Marths do but nobody(except maybe a few fanboys) will argue Ken being better than Mew2King's Marth or alot of recent top Marths. That is because they took the what he had and built on it or they started their own ways of playing and just came out on a higher level as a result of the difference in time and development of the ssbm metagame.

I'm not saying you can't do this with Lucas...Let me be clear, I'm not talking about winning. I can show you a video of every character in the melee roster taking a **** on Fox(they say the best in the game). Still the positions of being either good, decent, or terrible still stand in the current tier list. So I guess the BRM's I don't care if you win or lose the matches but show me something I've not seen before with the current Lucas we've got to use that can bring him from overall the worst character to at least a decent character...if u do that I'll give u props.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The characters you included in the demo weren't 100% complete anyway, so I don't see how adding someone who is almost done like Bowser could hurt.

I can't see him changing any more than I can see Snake changing, at this point.

Though I'm not in the back-room, so, whatever.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
You don't realize the vast changes that need to be done to characters that are not in the demo.
OK, what is wrong with Ike? 'Cause in almost every stream that I've tuned in, everyone said he's almost done, and I seriously don't see anything about him changing that much, maybe you guys are working on angles now that DI is fixed, but that's pretty much it.

An Alien

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'd rather wait for all the rest of the characters. If they keep adding things in, it's not really a demo, imo.

Demo's are supposed to be teasers for the full thing. I'd rather not have successively more complete 'demos'. Because then it's not really a demo, but rather a gradual filling in. :/

At least, in my opinion.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Meh, I see their logic, because then everyone would be like "hey, if the added ____ who's amost complete, why not add ____ who's also almost done". But come on guys, Ike was pretty much done before the first demo was out.

Revven

FrankerZ
OK, what is wrong with Ike? 'Cause in almost every stream that I've tuned in, everyone said he's almost done, and I seriously don't see anything about him changing that much, maybe you guys are working on angles now that DI is fixed, but that's pretty much it.
Nope, it's way more than angles. It's some of the things that made the demo come out late + much more. The characters not in the demo are so severely outdated in many aspects that are not easily noticeable in streams or videos. While their playstyles and the way their moves may work are the same to you, there's aspects of them that are not the same as the other characters or they are missing very important tweaks that other characters got because they had priority (since they... were... you know going to be in the demo).

I'm sorry to disappoint you but there won't be even one single new character in the patch.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Nope, it's way more than angles. It's some of the things that made the demo come out late + much more. The characters not in the demo are so severely outdated in many aspects that are not easily noticeable in streams or videos. While their playstyles and the way their moves may work are the same to you, there's aspects of them that are not the same as the other characters or they are missing very important tweaks that other characters got because they had priority (since they... were... you know going to be in the demo).

I'm sorry to disappoint you but there won't be even one single new character in the patch.
It's cool with me, just take the time you need. I'm also pretty sure that with the LD, brawl characters must be a pain in the butt to program the LD to work fine. But patience is the key, after all, small mechanics can do a huge difference.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Man...this is going to be one heck of a wait. I think I'm gonna freeze myself and unfreeze the day before this is released.

It's like waiting for Twilight Princess all over again, but without the disappointment xD

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Man...this is going to be one heck of a wait. I think I'm gonna freeze myself and unfreeze the day before this is released.

It's like waiting for Twilight Princess all over again, but without the disappointment xD
Like brawl? :awesome:
Oh delays...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I like how in the time that it took you to make this post, you could have just looked up what gnarly meant. But I'm probably being trolled so its whatever.

i know what gnarly meant.

it's just was completely unexpected.

it'd do the same thing if you said "happening" instead

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I look forward to Saturday.

And for a few days, I will type fairly small messages. I type with one arm. The other is broken.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I can see it now, unfreeze yourself in 2101 AD. Project M is finally out. It's actually Brawl 2.0, having been renamed to Project B in the year 2012.

Oh, and WAR WAS BEGINNING.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
So shanus are you going to be showing off Kirby? I think i have yet to see kirby in a stream is that because it sucks?

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I look forward to Saturday.

And for a few days, I will type fairly small messages. I type with one arm. The other is broken.
You should learn to play with your feet ... upside-down!

Is there an mp3 copy of your podcast anywhere?

pssh, I can't play smash right now due to my broken playgroup. At least arms heal. Eventually. Maybe.
Go to a tourney. You said you live in Long Island right? If you're decently close to NYC then you have no excuse for not going to tourneys every weekend.

Non-tourney players make me :sigh:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
JCaesar, MP3, no, but here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14232685

I'll try not to say huh... less next time :).

And MonkUnit, for how it happened, I wish I was drunk, but I'm unfortunately not an alcohol drinker. I'll explain in the chat since I don,t want to derail the thread.

Edit: No broken arm prevents me from playing Project M. I'm playing it right now. I got a pretty high ppain tolerance level. Besides, my forearms are fine.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd say just fix the things that make Nikita bad, like the slowdown on turn, the terrible endlag, and the fact that you can swat the missiles away harmlessly.

Where might I find out about these project m tournaments
Bring it to Melee/Brawl tourneys like everyone else.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
I'd say just fix the things that make Nikita bad, like the slowdown on turn, the terrible endlag, and the fact that you can swat the missiles away harmlessly
Make it ground or jump cancel then your good!

Edit: Keep the endlag, make it jump cancelable when Nikita explodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom