• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Supermodel From Paris said:
Are you implying that I lied to you, in order to get you to listen my feedback on your salty fanservice hack project? Seriously? Give me a break.

I'm from New York. I moved to Europe in March. Get over yourself. Ugh.
Douchebag alert. Go back to playing Brawl man, it suits you better. Sheesh.

Ecks

Smash Lord
If you would like, I could post that FD on brawlvault when I get time. Unless someone else wants to. Just make sure to put the credits from the original FD and the Tabuu BG.

I think it was? IIRC they posted the link somewhere in the last few pages (40PPP)

Because he's a boss. :bee:
Sure, anyone who wants to, go ahead.
The two stages I used are in the first FD page on BVault btw.

Why does digging the thread for the stream sound so bad... I'll go look >_>

@BestNess, Dant made some great progress on the clone engine.

Unlimited

Smash Cadet
So I'm not sure if the post I made a few pages back was overlooked, but I had a question about G&W.

During Leelue's stream I asked him if he could demonstrate G&W's neutral B and if he could fast fall this move upon doing it in the air. I thought it was odd that he couldn't in the demo. I do think it is great that he now cancels his frying pan when he lands on the ground, but I feel like there isn't enough control over it to make it an approach. I feel like if Falco and Fox can both control their fast falls during their Neutral B's then G&W should be able to as well.

If there is something I am overlooking feel free to point it out, I'm simply curious.
I brought the same thing up on the smashmods forums, I was told he could in the demo and low and behold he couldn't.
(See thread here)
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2027.html

After that I made a thread asking about it, but it looks like it was ignored/overlooked.
(See thread here)
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2063.html

I almost see this as a problem making the FP cancel completely useless because it doesn't actually do damage until FP is in the UP position.

What SHOULD happen (At least as i see it) is the FP should be a hitbox as soon as it comes and it should also be fastfall-able. Although I have a feeling this post will be overlooked, just as most of my outcrys for this have gone.

Please take this into consideration PM team. I see this as a very important aspect to GAW being able to compete at a high level with the other characters. I feel as of now he simply cant compete with the other characters even with his current modification.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
I'm not the most qualified to talk about it since I couldn't even watch the stream so I'm just gonna quote Dant.
Clone Engine has finally be completed? and from the looks of the recent videos id say its mostly is :]

Ecks

Smash Lord
Clone Engine has finally be completed? and from the looks of the recent videos id say its mostly is :]
It's definitely not done yet. You'll see the whole smash (at least those who play any kind of brawl) community going crazy when it is.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Last thing I heard about replays was that they weren't very important and possibly not getting fixed at all...
Hope that's not a way to say that online is being ignored for the moment, or even entirely.
...Or it could be sarcasm, since online will never really be "fixed", lol.

(I wasn't even aware online wasn't functional. Must be a PMBR build thing.)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wifi doesn't work because of the new shoulder button and C-stick analog inputs. Same reason why replays don't work, like st said.

I brought the same thing up on the smashmods forums, I was told he could in the demo and low and behold he couldn't.
(See thread here)
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2027.html

After that I made a thread asking about it, but it looks like it was ignored/overlooked.
(See thread here)
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2063.html

I almost see this as a problem making the FP cancel completely useless because it doesn't actually do damage until FP is in the UP position.

What SHOULD happen (At least as i see it) is the FP should be a hitbox as soon as it comes and it should also be fastfall-able. Although I have a feeling this post will be overlooked, just as most of my outcrys for this have gone.

Please take this into consideration PM team. I see this as a very important aspect to GAW being able to compete at a high level with the other characters. I feel as of now he simply cant compete with the other characters even with his current modification.
In the first thread you asked if he could change momentum during neutral B. He can. The only thing he can't do currently is fastfall.

I initially left the fastfall out because he seemed to flow well without it and it differentiated him from other characters, and you can't do the short hop double bacon if you fastfall anyway. If you think simply being able to cancel his bacon a few frames sooner will suddenly let him compete with a character like Falco when he couldn't before, you're off your rocker.

Having the pan hitbox come out earlier though, that's a much more interesting suggestion (as I was discussing with ShawnNumbers last night). That's definitely something I will look into.

So much hostility in this thread lately...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Short hop double bacon = most pro thing ever

Also sounds like something I'd like to eat for breakfast...

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is some stupid drama. Take it to PMs.
Yeah, OK cool.

Sounds like someone thinks they are hot **** lol

:phone:
Oh, sorry. I didn't realize it was only stupid drama when you didn't want to get involved with it. That aside:

didn't think it was possible to care even less about your opinion but here we are..

ladies and gentlemen: those of you who wish your input on Project M be heard and opinions considered, and we do definitely listen to the levelheaded members and sometimes apply ideas found in this thread, treat everyone and not just those in the PMBR with respect.

when you lash out in unstable fits anger not only does it derail the thread into pointless arguments, it also just makes people not want to listen to you.
It wasn't a fit of anger. Bro I'm not even mad. I'm just constantly amazed at this:

Sounds like someone thinks they are hot **** lol

It isn't me that thinks he's hot ****, it's really (really now) several P:M designers/codemonkeys who think they're better designers than an award-winning, multimillion selling game's developer because... what? Because you can reverse engineer his team's code? Grats, I guess. Obviously, the competitive melee community's resident College Programming Students know more about game design.

Douchebag alert. Go back to playing Brawl man, it suits you better. Sheesh.
I mean, how can you even say things like that shanus when your entire community has ideas like the one quoted above? Yeah, melee players are such hot ****. Guess that's why Brawl players are at tournaments playing and enjoying their new-gen game instead of reverse-engineering it to play like it's 10 year old predecessor while openly mocking it and its players.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Mostly valid points, but there's nothing wrong with a game being 10 years old. Look at Sonic 1. That's 20 years old and it's better than the new Sonic games.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you know, it's never too late to quit making a fool of yourself

not aimed at anyone specifically......just throwin it out there :awesome:

shanus

Smash Hero
\I mean, how can you even say things like that shanus when your entire community has ideas like the one quoted above? Yeah, melee players are such hot ****. Guess that's why Brawl players are at tournaments playing and enjoying their new-gen game instead of reverse-engineering it to play like it's 10 year old predecessor while openly mocking it and its players.
it's called coming back from a bar and reading your flaming comment which i hadn't noticed before. I like how you spin it on us when you misinterpreted Monk's questions of you. Then we call you out for your aggression, and we are the bad people? Champion guilt-tripper up in here.

Revven

FrankerZ
It wasn't a fit of anger. Bro I'm not even mad. I'm just constantly amazed at this
If it wasn't anger then why were you so defensive? Then you later go on again letting off some "steam" (note the quotes around it, not saying you were angry then either). Not quite sure what the big idea here is when you go from:

Asking questions about ZSS to making suggestions about ZSS to talking about how the menu we've chosen is crap to once again asking about ZSS with low level play in mind (when we're not even designing the game around low level play) to where we are now where it's apparent you dislike the game because of this line here:

Supermodel From Paris said:
Are you implying that I lied to you, in order to get you to listen my feedback on your salty fanservice hack project?
What were you expecting when you said that? Or this:

Get over yourself. Ugh.
As if MonkUnit is actually egotistical? Dude bro, he's not. I don't even know why you got so defensive over a simple question. Maybe it was terribly worded but there was definitely no need to say all of what to did to him and everyone else that you have so far dood. Oh and then there's this:

I guess that would have made it more difficult to publicly and sarcastically attack my credibility, though.
Once again, you take it the wrong way and assume that MonkUnit is somehow the meanest, baddest, and most scheming person in the world. When if you've actually read any of MonkUnit's posts in the past he helps people out and actually answers every question as best as he can. Obviously you're not in here often but I'd find it hard to believe you haven't seen any of his posts in here. So, why so defensive dood? If you weren't "mad" then why use such "hate" towards people? Why be sarcastic at all when the intention of MonkUnit was curiosity? Private messaging you the question aside, it was just a really simple question that all you had to do was answer or don't answer at all. Instead you decide to let off some "steam" on someone who isn't even doing what you think he's doing.

Not everyone can perfectly stay on topic the whole time JUST like right now. You weren't being any better at "staying on topic". My perspective of you has definitely changed from how it was awhile ago. Not that you probably care because you clearly don't like this game.

Without meaning to insult you, if you really don't like the game OR the people designing the game then please just... don't even come to this topic. Don't even respond to this post. If you actually do like the game, then put aside the petty insults and "hostility" and continue to make suggestions or what you were doing before. There's absolutely no reason for what you did other than the fact that you were being over presumptuous.

If you're planning to respond to this post, no sarcasm, it's lamesauce.

Also no I don't care if I was off topic still.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Mostly valid points, but there's nothing wrong with a game being 10 years old. Look at Sonic 1. That's 20 years old and it's better than the new Sonic games.
Not really very valid at all when you consider that he is fundamentally disagreeing with the entirety of what P:M is aiming for. I mean, you read the following quote, how is it valid?

It isn't me that thinks he's hot ****, it's really (really now) several P:M designers/codemonkeys who think they're better designers than an award-winning, multimillion selling game's developer because... what? Because you can reverse engineer his team's code? Grats, I guess. Obviously, the competitive melee community's resident College Programming Students know more about game design.

I mean, how can you even say things like that shanus when your entire community has ideas like the one quoted above? Yeah, melee players are such hot ****. Guess that's why Brawl players are at tournaments playing and enjoying their new-gen game instead of reverse-engineering it to play like it's 10 year old predecessor while openly mocking it and its players.
Look, I'll make it easy.

You, Paris, think Sakurai made Brawl to be a direct improvement over Melee. He did not.
If you had read this interview, you'd know this:
http://www.1up.com/news/masahiro-sakurai-reflects-super-smash

As you can see, Brawl was made specifically to target a different demographic. To target those who are non-"versed in video games". To those who are versed, he still considers Melee the "sharpest game". So even Sakurai himself knows that Brawl and Melee are massively different games and never compares the quality of one to the other. Your turn.

Do the P:M coders think they are better than Sakurai? Umm... no. You do know, of course, that Sakurai also made Melee. This team would have NOTHING to do if he hadn't. They are fully aware they cannot do what he did and they are simply using the blueprints he himself created to alter a game to fit it. They are only doing what Sakurai has already done. Arguably, they're only doing it to have more characters to play with than they otherwise would in Melee.

As I said, Sakurai knows the "new gen" game, as you say, doesn't appeal to all demographics. Why did you expect the demographic he targeted with Melee (and did NOT target with Brawl) would just choose to be stagnant when they have tools?

The Smash community itself has never been stagnant. P:M is the next evolution of that for those who were targeted by Melee. You don't have to be a part of it if you are not that demographic. Sakurai made another game for you in that specific case. He knew people like you were out there.

For the others, well, he undoubtedly knows about Wii hacking, as all of Nintendo does, and has never spoken against the Brawl modifications, despite Nintendo's general disdain for all homebrew. The man understands demographics. Your turn.

In your own words, are you so much better than Sakurai that you'll speak out against this when he hasn't? Relax.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Also, I'm really mellow in most of my posts, including smashmods. I'm usually a very level headed person, but I sometimes get my facts a little off or I misword things.

Aaaaaanyyywaayyss, trying to get back on topic. I believe Sneak will be streaming today. I also asked JCaesar about streaming and he said it was unlikely that he would stream this weekend. Also, did you guys see the marth ditto I posted? I also want more views on our vids. I think the highest viewcount is like 320 or something. I want more views :D

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Monk, I respect you so much more for your posts lol

Anyway, I'm trying to do a throwback. When I ws younger and just learning of the melee ATs I played Luigi exclusively. Now that I'm a lot better than I was, I'm noticing a lot mpre problems with him. The main problem that was fixed in Brawl was his Up-B not giving you much horizontal movement at the peak of it. Maybe it was because Brawl was super floaty but eh. I think you guys have fixed that.
Also, I rarely get the DAir meteor with Weegee. I think I remember someone saying the meteor hitbox was increased in size?

I need to post more. I wish more Smash players lived near here -___-

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Monk, I respect you so much more for your posts lol

Anyway, I'm trying to do a throwback. When I ws younger and just learning of the melee ATs I played Luigi exclusively. Now that I'm a lot better than I was, I'm noticing a lot mpre problems with him. The main problem that was fixed in Brawl was his Up-B not giving you much horizontal movement at the peak of it. Maybe it was because Brawl was super floaty but eh. I think you guys have fixed that.
Also, I rarely get the DAir meteor with Weegee. I think I remember someone saying the meteor hitbox was increased in size?

I need to post more. I wish more Smash players lived near here -___-
I know that he is keeping his brawl upB; getting movement left/right after upB, but I'm not sure if it'll be the same as brawl's. His tornado height is MUCH better in brawl than it was in melee, but I think keeping brawl's height might be a bit too much haha. I thought dair(non-meteor) killed like crazy in melee?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I know that he is keeping his brawl upB; getting movement left/right after upB, but I'm not sure if it'll be the same as brawl's. His tornado height is MUCH better in brawl than it was in melee, but I think keeping brawl's height might be a bit too much haha. I thought dair(non-meteor) killed like crazy in melee?
I can vouch for dair killing like crazy, I didn't even know it had a meteor hitbox.

And I thought you guys had increased the tornado's height, when compared to melee, but it wasn't as much as brawl.

cmart

Smash Lord
Considering a) How terrible Weegee's recovery is without a working tornado, and b) How hard it is in melee to get height off of tornado, I'm perfectly okay with Luigi keeping his Brawl tornado. Against an intelligent edgeguarder Luigi needs something to help him survive.

As for Dair meteor, I don't really have much of an opinion. It's nice when it lands at the right time, but usually you're trying to send off-stage with dair. *shrug*

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think his Brawl tornado is fine now that it has Melee hitboxes and you can actually hit him out of it.

cmart

Smash Lord
^ That too. Plus it has enough endlag that even using it to get crazy aerial distance still leaves you fairly vulnerable. It's not like we're talking about vbrawl metaknight here.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Yeah, I know it kills like crazy haha I was just wondering about it.

This is why I don't post much. I don't have much to contribute D: I'll try to stay updated for shiz. Hopefully, I'll get good enough to do so!

metroid1117

Smash Master
I remember hearing from one of the streams that Luigi's Missile is more consistent with misfires in that it'll do it every 5th one; is that change still in?

Also, I was watching some streams of Ike, and it seems like he has a hilt/tip system like Roy's (except the tip actually does stuff); could someone elaborate on this? Also, is his jab like it is in Brawl where it can't be used to jab reset?

Lastly, was the hitbox for his FSmash edited? I know the attack was sped up, but in Brawl, it has a giant gap between frames 2 and 3 of the hitbox.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
JCeaser, I meant to ask you about this, but has the GnW Uthrow CG on FFers (specifically Fox/Falco) changed a whole lot with the DI fixes? I know in the Demo I can usually get it with a JC Grab if they DI far enough and the max I got it to was like 20ish to almost 100 (w/ a pummel here or there).

The FP suggesting of having the hitbox out before the up position would be amazing and I'm glad it's being considered.

Also, weak hit Dair->JC Grab is sooooo sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom