• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
So that Castlevania stage that I've been seeing in all of these streams...

Is there any chance that can be released to the general public before Project M comes out? I know theres that one in the Brawlvault but the one I am seeing in the videos has three platforms instead of the one stagnant one. I'd love to have that version. But if you don't want to release it until the full version, I'd understand :p

NeoZ

Smash Ace
JCeaser, I meant to ask you about this, but has the GnW Uthrow CG on FFers (specifically Fox/Falco) changed a whole lot with the DI fixes? I know in the Demo I can usually get it with a JC Grab if they DI far enough and the max I got it to was like 20ish to almost 100 (w/ a pummel here or there).

The FP suggesting of having the hitbox out before the up position would be amazing and I'm glad it's being considered.

Also, weak hit Dair->JC Grab is sooooo sexy.
Brawl DI was stronger than Melee DI, so the chaingrab may be even stronger now, but if it becomes too good, they'll probably tweak it.
And the frying pan buff would be nice to have, it's good to hear they're going to try it.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Are we by chance getting peaches castle 64 as a stage and also I seen this stage the other day I think it looks pretty cool.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18695

Not exactly sure what exactly catches my eye in it but I think its the background.

on another note if - Im hinting at if- we do get Roy from the clone engine can we possibly get the moveset or rather the motion from the one on KC-MM. Its no offense but I really do think Roy would stand out more if he had his own moveset instead of being a carbon copy of marth. It does look like it needs work but regardless I do think this version of roy looks cool.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18832

again they're only suggestions but feel free to say no to them I can perfectly understand a no to the roy if people want the Nostalgic Roy feel but I think its pretty good for trying to make him more towards his actual fireEmblem attacks.

Anywho looking forward to a New Blog post :)

shanus

Smash Hero
If I remember right, someone said that Lucario gets a glowy hands upon causing 50 damage to an opponent.

But in one of the streams, I saw him get it after causing less than 50 percent. What is the actual value/mechanics?

proof: http://www.justin.tv/freesaltines/b/285692586?

Part 2, 38:56 Lucario has only done 49% to charizard but has the charge.
Its 50 aura charge. Aura charge is built up with dealing damage slightly outpacing damaging shields, etc. So its ~50 damage, but not exactly. I forget the exact formula, but the end effect is that dealing damage is more efficient than damaging shields.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The landing detection codes. Brawls has like 50 routines that check for landing conditions and fixing LD to be proper did this. Magus can definitely fix it. Landing detection related problems such as Samus will be fixed in due time.

:phone:
I also thought samus had a problem of having a small amount of code that can be added to her cause every character has a limit of the number of codes that can be applied to them. At least i think that was how it goes. Isnt that why lucas' FS doesn't work cause you guys had to take the avalible lines of code for it and use them in his usable moveset?

Does this also complicate fixing samus?

Unlimited

Smash Cadet
Wifi doesn't work because of the new shoulder button and C-stick analog inputs. Same reason why replays don't work, like st said.

In the first thread you asked if he could change momentum during neutral B. He can. The only thing he can't do currently is fastfall.

I initially left the fastfall out because he seemed to flow well without it and it differentiated him from other characters, and you can't do the short hop double bacon if you fastfall anyway. If you think simply being able to cancel his bacon a few frames sooner will suddenly let him compete with a character like Falco when he couldn't before, you're off your rocker.

Having the pan hitbox come out earlier though, that's a much more interesting suggestion (as I was discussing with ShawnNumbers last night). That's definitely something I will look into.

So much hostility in this thread lately...
Well maybe this alone wont change him as drastically as I make it out to be, I still see it as very important. Since GAW is such a floaty character, once the FP comes out not being able to fastfall puts him in a very slow, predictable motion. I feel like this approach is almost completely useless because of the slow nature of GAW.

I just don't see the problem with it at least being on option. You cant double bacon? Well if you want to double bacon just don't fastfall. Or heck, maybe adjust the bacon time and make it come out frame one of the animation, and make the next bacons come out sooner then normally so you can double bacon with a fastfall if timed properly.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I also thought samus had a problem of having a small amount of code that can be added to her cause every character has a limit of the number of codes that can be applied to them. At least i think that was how it goes. Isnt that why lucas' FS doesn't work cause you guys had to take the avalible lines of code for it and use them in his usable moveset?

Does this also complicate fixing samus?
For lucas, we had to borrow his final smash action for offense up iirc. The file size limit is not an issue anymroe because we can just inject codes into her pac.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Bad trolling. lol.

Also, just wanted to let people know, I'll probably be using samus a bit less on stream until she's fixed. IE: Double Jump and her bombs/bomb jumping. For now, I'll probably "replace" her with Marth or something. That way I'll mostly be using Ganon, Marth, Wolf, and samus(not as much).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Shanus you said that if the thread was fixed you would post a new blogspot, well... there's no more drama and they are talking about samus so, where's the blogspot? (just saying ;))

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I said "I think he was going to stream Saturday." It wasn't a definite yes. Also, don't forget that Sneak just happens to stream at random times, so he could be streaming later at like 11PM lol.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Here yah go!

So, in Super Mario 64DS, Luigi had a Yoshi-esque flutter jump. What if he were to get it in P:M?
Luigi's best moves are his aerials, so a DJC would help him deal with his floatiness. And having some heavy armor could help out in recovery.
I'm not fully committed to this suggestion, which is why I'm posting it here rather than SmashMods. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on how this could affect him, and if he even needs it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The post was a lie I guess. >_>

And for some reason manEg's location made me lol more than it should.

Alopex

Smash Ace
So, in Super Mario 64DS, Luigi had a Yoshi-esque flutter jump. What if he were to get it in P:M?
You mean the same jump he had 22 years ago in Super Mario Bros. 2?

It's been avoided by the Smash developers in every iteration despite Peach's float coming directly from that game. Guess it just doesn't fit his style in the Smash Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom