• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I know I've mentioned this in the chat but I absolutely love how Link came out. It's just beautiful ;~; He is so solid. Thank you for making Link good for once. :) (Discounting other Brawl mods of course. The other ones did him justice, I'm sure)

Who designed him? Shadic? Didn't you guys also contact Hylian or some other renowned Melele Link main about him? I remember reading that awhile ago.
You're thinking of Skler, not Hylian.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Link will not be perfect until he has his Melee tether.

That's not to say he sucks now, or that the PM team has done a bad job - considering the circumstances, you guys have done the best you can. But the tether play is what made Link so good for me.

That said, he's still solid as hell, and it's refreshing to be able to beat high tier characters with him.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's not to say he sucks now, or that the PM team has done a bad job - considering the circumstances, you guys have done the best you can. But the tether play is what made Link so good for me.

That said, he's still solid as hell, and it's refreshing to be able to beat high tier characters with him.
I agree with this. He's still the best that he's been in any Smash game, but he won't be ~perfect~ until the Melee tethers are back.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's extremely satisfying in Melee when you're way out to the side, and you manage to do a jump -> airdodge -> hookshot and catch the very bottom of Dreamland and make it back up safely.

I think the lack of tether in P:M bothers me even more than the LD in the demo version (even his ledge hookshot is shorter than Melee's, which makes it useless most of the time).

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pretty good video SA :)
edit: nice video Spamarrows

I noticed watching it back it's interesting that how well Melee and Project Melee mesh together now. Aside from the camera and stages being a little different It looks the same in terms of how it moves. Although Melee still moves slightly smoother but thats because it's an unfinished project atm. Getting ever so closer though :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I believe that Link is incredible. Melee tethers would help, but I enjoy him him than his Melee counterpart.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
I saw one of those streams a while ago. Are you the black guy with an afro that played Cyrax?

Not shown: Dantarion smiling and laughing heartily.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, assisted for sure. Still, if I saw someone playing like that I'd cry and buy him/her some beer...For the rest of my life.

It's still really impressive to see what technically can be done in this game! When AI hacks really kicks off someone should make Fox play like that. lol

:phone:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I've been playing a lot of DK in melee lately, and it's really fun, so that made me wonder... what's been done to him so far?

IYM!

Smash Lord
I've been playing a lot of DK in melee lately, and it's really fun, so that made me wonder... what's been done to him so far?
me too, DK is realy fun, but he have a big problem with hus giant punch (B)

if you have the punch fully charged, is posible lost the charge if you are hited when you are performing any special move.

Example, you have your punch full harged, and then you want do the side B stop your opponent, if you strat the move, and he hit you first you end ypour move, DK will lose the charge.

I am not sure, but Samus also have this problem :urg:

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
He's got a Donkey Kong Country style rolling dash attack and his fair is a spike.
I think someone mentioned it earlier, but imagine if Donkey Kong could jump cancel his dash attack and maintain momentum out of the jump just like in the games. JC'd Dash Attack > RAR bair would be awesome. Or even giving him a nice slide he can JC into an usmash. That'd be awesome v_v

NeoZ

Smash Ace
He's got a Donkey Kong Country style rolling dash attack and his fair is a spike.
if you have the punch fully charged, is posible lost the charge if you are hited when you are performing any special move.
I knew about the DA, but the fair change is news to me.

And about losing the charge, how does that even work? It feels like you lose it randomly sometimes, but I've only been messing with DK for a couple of days so I don't really know.
Is there a chance you'll lose it each time you get hit or something?

IYM!

Smash Lord
I knew about the DA, but the fair change is news to me.

And about losing the charge, how does that even work? It feels like you lose it randomly sometimes, but I've only been messing with DK for a couple of days so I don't really know.
Is there a chance you'll lose it each time you get hit or something?
te lo explicare en chileno :D

si tienes el puño cargado, es normal que lo pierdas si se interrumpe el golpe, el problema, es que la carga tambien se elimina cuando interrumpes cualquier ataque especial de DK. esto es muy problematico, ya que el puñetazo es un gran movimiento para matar.

EJ: el hace su up B para volver al stage, (ten en cuenta que DK tiene el B cargado) su tu le arrojas una bomba, inerrumpiendo su upB, la carga se elimina.

DK is a realy fun character, i like the green DK, and i am getting better with him. the new dash attack and the Spike in his Fair is a great change, i am wondering if P:M team also speed up the Fair

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I think what happens in brawl is that if you get hit while trying to do the move it considers it as being used hence you loose the charge to a priority attack. Like lets say I'm playing dk I have the fist fully charged but then lets say a shiek or a falco/fox would come up hit you once into a combo and if you hit B it sort of gets interrupted. Its hard to explain but I know this makes me mad also especially in hacks of like B+.

I think maybe part of the reason why is because in Brawl when you would go to do some B specials in the air it would automatically put you into special fall. I can't remember precisely the moves that did it but I do remember DK's Punch was one of them.

IYM English plz thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom