• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Well, new moveset is cool but it really is a shame that PT had to be axed. I liked the concept of PT really. Not that I'd ever use him <_<
Btw, I really think the indy pokemon icons look.. out of place. I think you should get new ones. Just sayin'. It might be just me though.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Ah, that's kinda lame. I liked Red's originality, and was interested in what impact he'd have on a balanced and fun game.
Oh well, I hope you can implement the indies effectively. Seismic Toss looks really ****ing awesome, as do the new Fair and FTilt. The superjump looks silly and Minusy, plus not useful. Haven't seen much of the Side-B. Also, is it just me, or do his wings and tail-flame seem bigger?

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
So I'm watching an old-ish replay and my one acquaintance survived my Uair at 181 >_<
Is PS2's cealing really that high? o.O
I really should know this ****.

Edit: So my ignorance is a boring subject.

What's Squirt's and Ivy's new downB? Or is only Charizard's downB filled?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
To be fair, the game is made by anf for hardcores. And i'm sure some casuals will enjoy having Pokemons with more options too. I'd say you'll only lose a few, but who cares.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
So I'm watching an old-ish replay and my one acquaintance survived my Uair at 181 >_<
Is PS2's cealing really that high? o.O
I really should know this ****.

Edit: So my ignorance is a boring subject.

What's Squirt's and Ivy's new downB? Or is only Charizard's downB filled?
Did you hit with the sweetspot or sex kick of uair?

Squirtle's downB is withdraw. Ivysaur does not have a downB yet.

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Kinda sad about PT, but to be honest, I hated the switching.

JCz is last night's stream recorded?

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
2 Withdraws? That's as many as point-two tens, and that's terrible.
The Pokémon's Down-Bs should be really exciting and useful stuff if they are to justify their separation.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Did you hit with the sweetspot or sex kick of uair?

Squirtle's downB is withdraw. Ivysaur does not have a downB yet.

:phone:
It looked like the sweetspot but upon closer inspection.. I don't think it was o.o
And he was at 169 when it landed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPJd_QT7KNQ
@_@ My bad.

Edit: I agree with Guy Up There (Nice name rite?)
But perhaps they're just testing stuff out still. Work in progress and whatnot.

edit2: you should make ivy's downB solar beam. A charge attack. We need more of those amirite?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
dtilt is a bite tail attack

ftilt is a bite attack

sideB is vBrawl fair but with more startup and a powerful sweetspot hitbox
Fixed for Monk being bad.

As for Fly, it's actually pretty good. Zard is all about launching people into the air to finish them, hence his UThrow cancel and DownB. Fly can launch Zard stupidly high, by the way.

Not to mention, we're still working everything out. Don't be surprised to see some significant changes in the characters before any launch. This is the point of a closed development cycle. :awesome:

shanus

Smash Hero
Why st and monk thought that was ready to share, I don't know (people really need to think before they post...) Fact is, we only implemented this recently and they are still under the process of refinement and significant tweaking. Overall, when its ready we'll share more.

Revven

FrankerZ
2 Withdraws? That's as many as point-two tens, and that's terrible.
The Pokémon's Down-Bs should be really exciting and useful stuff if they are to justify their separation.
1) You don't know the differences between them yet
2) They haven't really been fully explored by anyone yet (thus you won't see how the down Bs are used properly).
3) We're still working on these characters, anything can change

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
My god.

You replaced Rock Smash.

What the hell.

Seriously, what the hell.

I could live with PT being gone. I wouldn't be happy with it, but I could live with it.

But Rock Smash gone.

Let me guess, Ivysaur gets to lose Bullet Seed and Razor Leaf too?

Seriously, I intended to main Ivysaur, don't kill Bullet Seed.

But y'know... Make it so she can recover.

Though at least Squirtle has specials now.

*EDIT* Honestly, can I get some insight on why Rock Smash had to go? Charizard's FAir doesn't really reek of being a special.

shanus

Smash Hero
Why st and monk thought that was ready to share, I don't know (people really need to think before they post...) Fact is, we only implemented this recently and they are still under the process of refinement and significant tweaking. Overall, when its ready we'll share more.
Quoting this to answer any and all questions about it. Le sigh.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
We should let it go to save the dev team the stress of having to explain stuff over and over again to us.

We can(and will! loljk) complain when they decide it's polished and ready enough for them to show.

YES! I've always wanted to be the voice of reason. Achievement acquired.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think it's unfair to judge a very preliminary test before it was seen in action. Give it some time, wait for it to be refined. Honestly, no Brawl character or heck, Melee character for that matter is untouchable. Honestly, I was very sceptic about keeping Ganondorf's Brawl side B and when I tried it, I was very pleased.

I'm also very sceptic about withdraw for Squirtle, but it's far from done, so give it some time.

I guess I agree with BuraiHell. Worst case scenario, we can answer some of the questions for them if we know the answer :p.

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't intend to be cryptic or reserved, but like, a majority of what was just posted was built in the last week and is *very* early stage. It's stupid to share something like that as its final iteration, lol.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Can't disagree. I remember watching early Falco on a video at Smashmods; he sure got a long way.

Oh and guys, do keep in mind, that a move alone doesn't make a character... The whole is more important than the some of its parts. The moves got to work well together, just putting a bunch of strong moves on a character is not the way to go.

I just wanted to quote Gestalt psychology because science.

Project M is SCIENCE! >.>

Ulevo

Smash Master
Guys, calm down. If I had a panic attack everytime the P:M decided to test unique waters and do something different, what good would that do? Be open to the ideas; its not like any of this is set in stone or permanent.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Guys, calm down. If I had a panic attack everytime the P:M decided to test unique waters and do something different, what good would that do? Be open to the ideas; its not like any of this is set in stone or permanent.
That's what she Burai said.

Srsly. I'm way ahead of you. :3

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Closing the off topicness with this:

I believe most of the Project M team laughs like a bunch of maniacs while programming and are dressed like this:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I know, I trust you guys. Just worried if you never got critique, you might become complacent (it's happened before…).

But even if I haven't used them, my point remains that the Down-Bs should be truly outstanding additions to the movesets, with immediately obvious applications, if they come at the expense of removing a truly outstanding character from the roster. This would be true irrespective of if the new specials share names with old ones, though having the same name does suggest that they would have similar properties.

I agree that Rock Smash should be replaced with something else… like something any charizard would ever actually have… ever.

And now I'll drop it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hey guys, remember how Wario has stupidly controversial when we removed bike? Remember people utterly despising Snake?

Indie Pokes will be like that. We promise. We just need to work on things more and not have any ideas thrown out to the public as definitely when we're still doing minor revamps several times a week. (*Cough,* Toastertwins)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Kinda sad about PT, but to be honest, I hated the switching.

JCz is last night's stream recorded?
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jcaesar-brawl The recordings are (and always will be) on there under "Recent Videos." We had some pretty hype 4 on 4 crew battles last night somewhere in the latter half of the first recording, well worth watching :D

Also in case you missed the last page of posts, keep in mind a lot of the stuff here is highly experimental and unpolished. That's why these livestreams are exclusive to you guys who have the context to understand what is going on, and why you won't see this stuff on youtube.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Hey guys, remember how Wario has stupidly controversial when we removed bike? Remember people utterly despising Snake?

Indie Pokes will be like that. We promise. We just need to work on things more and not have any ideas thrown out to the public as definitely when we're still doing minor revamps several times a week. (*Cough,* Toastertwins)
Lol, Wario was not controversial with me, I hated the damn bike.

Edit: People are heavily attached to their characters, so unless you show a very potent video of what the change can do, people will go "ASDGHJBUUBEAARRRGGGG!!!!". Plus, time spent explaining is time spent not doing work, XD.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Well I read the stuff about the Indie pokemon and I for one am excited. Sad thing about Pokemon trainer though but regardless it gives us more characters which I am all for. :) anywho on topic of Wario. I admit his Bike in vbrawl and heck even B+ was a hinderance aka a crutch. His new stuff seems way more solid. :)

The changes made to Wario are what initially convinced me that the developers know what they are doing.
Agreed.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
With PT being scrapped, how likely would it be to see him reintroduced IF the clone engine becomes fully functional? I know that probably would take 3/7 slots, but I think it would interesting to have individual Pokemon and PT Pokemon as an option.

Also, I'm going to miss Falcon Rock Smash... It was the only thing I enjoy doing with Charizard when I'm in a situation where I have to play Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom