• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
incredibly janky and unprofessional to use that for poison
But, makes sense for a plant type pokemon.. You know what's janky and unprofessional? Rest putting a flower on your head. This would make 10 times more sense. Sounds like a great move... That or a the sleep powder cloud. A Sleep powder cloud the sits for a bit then dissipates. Putting someone to sleep as a viable trap like Zelda's side B would be unique and interesting.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
For Down-B, could you spawn the razor leaf graphic and make a Short-ranged "projectile" (or more of a big cloud of hitboxes really) in front of Ivysaur? It would be sort of a quick kill move or do tons of damage, but have a built-in stale, so if you miss, it becomes generally worthless. If you can't make it stale from miss, maybe make a huge stale on hit?

I dunno, just trying to throw ideas out there.

Or maybe since Ivysaur is so ****ty you could afford to give it Synthesis.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
we can't add projectiles guys...
Well, reflectable projectiles are indeed impossible, but something very close can still be made. I took an inside peek at SDoom's Cloud PSA a while ago, and his fireball didn't actually use any article, but it still looked and worked great. As long as it's not supposed to be reflected, absorbed, or to persist after animation ends, a projectile attack can very well be made. Also, I think I read somewhere that someone managed to access FS data outside of FS mode... Maybe. I'll look into it.

That being said, a non-absorbable beam attack wouldn't make any sense and be terribly unprofessional, so I can't say I'm in favor of SolarBeam. Synthesis would help with Ivy's abysmal recovery in its own, unique way, but no character ever had a healing move, so I'm not sure how it would be received by the community.

Anyway, we all know you can all be trusted to make the best choice, considering what you've done so far...*Really, it's amazing and I mean it. I would never have even dreamed that a game could be modified to this extent. Especially landing detection as it's not a simple design choice but an objective, undeniable improvement of the game's mechanics. Bravo.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the weird thing about using GFX for a ghetto'd projectile is that on hit your character will enter hitlag.... which is really weird. It's why Falco's sideb is an article.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
the weird thing about using GFX for a ghetto'd projectile is that on hit your character will enter hitlag.... which is really weird. It's why Falco's sideb is an article.
Not to mention that, in the Cloud PSA you mentioned, you can stand in the middle of pirate ship and shoot someone who's trying to grab the edge with the fireball even if they're below the stage, because a projectile made that way will go through walls, ceilings, floors, etc. It's just only good for workarounds and won't fit PM's level of polish.

Revven

FrankerZ
Change the flower model? <_< There doesn't have to be a flower on their head when it's used. Make it look less.. homo?
Can't, at least when Magus tried to remove it it wasn't going away.

User33 said:
If you've watched older videos, you'd know I've played him better than in those 4 matches. Frankly, I was playing terribly in the first match there and the reason is I hadn't played Smash for a good while. About... four-five months at least (talking pure human playing, not CPUs).

But, yes, Wario is one of the best designed characters, not the best character period. A lot of people like what was done to him.

Ulevo

Smash Master
So if I post a video of Fox getting *****, that is supposed to imply that Fox is bad too, right?

1: Wario has no metagame. Fox on the other hand is a Melee veteran, with a 10 year metagame.

2: One video doesn't take in to account player skill. I don't know how good or bad either players are overall, or in comparison to each other, but one video showing someone getting ***** by someone else, regardless of character, isn't objective material to base opinion on.

I thought they did a great job with the function of the moves they implemented. There is more then one way to make a good character, and I'm confident that if Wario were bad (which he's not from what I can tell), they could make subtle changes to improve him (i.e. frame data).

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
-what falco said-
You can't change the model to a poison cloud or something? Or make it more subtle? It has model hack armor? o.o Weird.

I was gonna say "Oh **** falco he's callin' you out man" But I'm too late. =_=

User33

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen any videos suggesting the contrary (that Wario is in fact a good character in Project M), so it would be great if somebody posted a match that really showcases his character.

By the way, have his Up-tilt and Up-smash changed? I couldn't tell from that video.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I haven't seen any videos suggesting the contrary (that Wario is in fact a good character in Project M), so it would be great if somebody posted a match that really showcases his character.

By the way, have his Up-tilt and Up-smash changed? I couldn't tell from that video.
Here's a fairer demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/user/smk2#p/u/1/M3kneD6R1Xo

Also, they're both the same.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
AHAHAHAHAHA
DUUUDE
That's sick as all hell. MK da bess as MK's victory theme. I have that too lmao. God that is so awesome.

But it is such an obvious idea.. I bet everyone and their mother did that.. -sigh-

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
ivysaur and olimar both need work... they have garbage recoveries. id be testing out alternatives to their recovery before id even think about working out something with ivysaurs down-b. /joke heck with it, just make him evolve in beanasaur. /endjoke
For Olimar's recovery, can we make it so that Olimar shoots forward towards the stage instead of the pikmins? Make it look like the Pikmins are catapulting Olimar and if Olimar manages to grab the edge or land on the stage without going through the FallingSpecial animation, his Pikmin will follow. If he goes through the FallingSpecial animation, his pikmin will fall until Olimar regains control and uses his whistle.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
For Olimar's recovery, can we make it so that Olimar shoots forward towards the stage instead of the pikmins? Make it look like the Pikmins are catapulting Olimar and if Olimar manages to grab the edge or land on the stage without going through the FallingSpecial animation, his Pikmin will follow. If he goes through the FallingSpecial animation, his pikmin will fall until Olimar regains control and uses his whistle.
yeah, id think a gameandwatch type trampoline type recovery could work. number of following pikmin dictate the effectivness of the recovery. probably difficult to code, but whatever...

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
yo im lookin for some help i keep getting this glitch when i put a song on my SD card for PM stages where it plays like half of the song i added to the stage.... then cuts out and starts playing random songs from that stage help?

Ecks

Smash Lord
yo im lookin for some help i keep getting this glitch when i put a song on my SD card for PM stages where it plays like half of the song i added to the stage.... then cuts out and starts playing random songs from that stage help?
Defrag your sd card. That will fix the songs.

:phone:

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
The smell of rejection in the morning
Ooo. looks like they have been sifting through a good bunch of applications and caught up with most of them. some people didnt cut the mustard. eh, guess you'll never know until you tried :)

haha if i dont get in, ill feel like killing myself ;) apply for jobs irl, and get no call backs. apply to be P:M tester and get rejected. god do i suck at life :) muahahahaha

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh that's right I applied.

I guess I should go read my rejection.

Oh wow it says Pending still.

Apparently I wasn't passed up so quickly.

w/e, not getting my hopes up.

Also the other day I was just in a ****ty mood. I'm just not a big fan of stuff like ROB's Side and Up-B seeming... generic, if you know what I mean, the idea of Charizard's Rock Smash being replaced with his Forward Air just kind of pissed me off.

Also here's to the trend of nobody in Southern Ontario having PMBR access continuing, seeing as Zef was rejected.

*EDIT* Oh wait Ulevo applied too. There is still hope.

Ecks

Smash Lord
thx bro :D
No prob :D

Well we can't all espect to get in right (says the guy who didn't apply lol)?Better luck next time. :p

And off-topic: OMG someone has got to make a SS Zelda vertex. She's so pretteh :O

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Is it possible to make a combo counter like in other fighting games (training mode has one that sort of works)?
I was thinking it could be a neat idea, maybe for an optional feature.
+9000

And is there a way so that the game won't count the combo as over if the opponent falls into the tumble state where you can't move?

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
+9000

And is there a way so that the game won't count the combo as over if the opponent falls into the tumble state where you can't move?
I think the way it would make the most sense would be a combo lasting until either the person executing the combo hits the enemy's shield, the enemy strikes back, or the person comboing throws out a move and having none of their hitboxes connect (after the opponent is out of hitlag), or missing a grab. This way things like tech chasing / chaingrabbing can add to the counter. I'd love this as an optional addition.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hey, congrats to EY for getting accepted.

On the note of Squirtle. I thought the Pokemon move Rapid Spin deserved a mention.

An idea I had for Ivysaur is Synthesis. It could maybe act as a gradual healing move the longer it is held down, or it could add a charge to his moves, akin to Tsubaki in BlazBlue/Order Sol in GG.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Here's a fairer demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/user/smk2#p/u/1/M3kneD6R1Xo

Also, they're both the same.
One thing about this. It looks like Wario has the same problem as vBrawl Ike, where he can recover vertically or horizontally, but not both. It seems like he has trouble at diagonal angles even when he's not that far from the ledge.

And what's with Meta Knight's side-B still going through everything? :urg:

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's actually a very risky move to use if you don't sweetspot the ledge and decide to go up top on to the stage. If your opponent knows how, they can just SDI behind you and go in for a free ****. Grab, combo, smash, whatever. Of course if you try to sweetspot, you can get ledgehogged, but that's hard to do since it sort of lags at the edge a bit.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
dude your link looks really good i would not mind having some friendly falco vs link matches with you :3
That'd be nice. If I ever get WiFi working we should. I need some experience vs Melee high/top tiers. It's sad. about 97% of my Melee experience is Project: M. I have virtually 0 Melee experience. Hard to tell rite? pleasesayyes.

Burai, I really dig your use of bair. :) Very nice. And cool sword effects!
Thank you. I threw those together. I think they came out nice. When the red got boring I made the purple. @_@

I think it's cool how I watch matches of myself from like 2 weeks ago then watch a more recent one and I can visibly see the vast(yesit'svaststfu) improvement. Yay Melee(2).

Your Link is garbage bro. /don'task

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm hoping the changes to MK are for balance sake and not saltiness' sake, like some people seem to want, upon reading the SSB4 thread. MK for playable tier!

EDIT: @Burai, the Falco v Link match up is dreadful Imo. In a tourney setting, I could not get a match off this one Falco and wound up dead last. Given, it was Wifi, but our connection was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom