• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of fastfallers, who else would make a good one? Lucario obviously, but who else? Wolf just because he's a spacie?...????

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I wrong, but I think King Dedede was the fastest faller in Brawl. Which is kind of weird, seeing as he can float and has terrible dash speed, among other things.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I love Bowser's crawl, I'm glad you guys managed to make use of it.

I don't think making Bowser that much bigger than everyone is necessarily a good idea. Yeah you're increasing his range, but when the metagame develops there's guaranteed to be a lot of stupid stuff that works only on Bowser, and I mean REALLY stupid stuff. I cringed at some of the stuff jcaesar managed to land against cmart's Bowser - no one thing was terrible, but we are still in the alpha phase of the project.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I love Bowser's crawl, I'm glad you guys managed to make use of it.

I don't think making Bowser that much bigger than everyone is necessarily a good idea. Yeah you're increasing his range, but when the metagame develops there's guaranteed to be a lot of stupid stuff that works only on Bowser, and I mean REALLY stupid stuff. I cringed at some of the stuff jcaesar managed to land against cmart's Bowser - no one thing was terrible, but we are still in the alpha phase of the project.
He wasn't made bigger. This is the size he was in Brawl, that clip in the video was to show the size difference from Melee.

Flayl

Smash Hero
He wasn't made bigger. This is the size he was in Brawl, that clip in the video was to show the size difference from Melee.
-_-

If you make one character the same size and everybody else smaller, he's larger in comparison, which is what I said "that much bigger than everybody else"

D

Deleted member

Kage, what is your style?

I'm guessing that trying to bait out and play safe with Ganon to punish like other characters would be difficult as he wants to be in that range where the opponent can run away and both punish at the same time.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, you guys should change Zelda's side b because it's too campy for me (the one at genesis II). People in the west coast can camp lol. And plus if you happen to play in a zelda ditto, that can be very campy lol; a total of 6 din's fire will be on the screen. Good luck finding which fire is yours lol. I liked how the din' fire acted like a time mine, but that's just my two cents.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
Personally, I would rather it not be the Demo version. I find it to be to ineffectual. It not really threatening enough as a zoning tool mainly because of the timer being forced to be reset for each addition. While it can be useful, I think that the Experimental build requires the opponent to truly avoid the projectile or attack it because the flashes could set him up for a combo or the blast. I think that makes it a more useful tool. I think people over estimate either variation of the move. Everything new is scary lol.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
imo, i don't think Zelda needs a dins fire any better than what she had in the demo.....she's already a good defensive/offensive character without it

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I actually think it would be fine with its new version, but reducing the number you can have out. I was speculating whether or not it would be balanced with just 1 on the field. It has a lot of presence now with a hitbox, so she can use it quite well with pressure now, and it definitely limits the opponents options in just about every way when approaching her as well as gives her an enormous advantage when the opponent is off the edge. If it proves to be to overpowered or in-efficacious, the developers can change it as they see fit, but the new version currently gives what zelda has always needed, safer pressure options.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Am I like missing the parts where everyone explains why Zelda is mid tier at best, but why they should still complain about how good new Dins Fire is?

Let the damn character have another good move if you all think she's that mediocre, please.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
Like I said people are just scared cause it's something we haven seen in Smash before. I remember hearing they have other plans for the Din's fire, which I am looking forward to. Zelda needs the buffs to compete, and it looks like she might just get the tools to do so.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Like I said people are just scared cause it's something we haven seen in Smash before.
Yeah, and I also think that this applies to several of the other complaints/concerns about some of the new mechanics that we've seen *coughbowsercough*

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the Zelda build present at Genesis II also had other buffs to her moveset independent of Din's fire. Din's isnt the only thing we're looking at for Zelda, guys.

:phone:

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
the Zelda build present at Genesis II also had other buffs to her moveset independent of Din's fire. Din's isnt the only thing we're looking at for Zelda, guys.

:phone:
Well those are not a hot topic, Zelda is developing very well, but this seems to be a hot topic. Just like Bowser's Armor and Lucario in general. Everybody is on board with the other Zelda changes so there is no reason to debate them.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Why do you guys think Game & Watch didn't get much love @ Genesis?
Not Good?
Not Fun?
Not Cool?
He was pretty much overlooked in Melee, so I think a lot of people might not be used to seeing him as a legitimate, viable character in this environment.

But some people might not be interested in him at all for those same reasons. If you don't like him as a playable character, then he's easy to ignore, since he doesn't have much of a fanbase outside of Smash.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why do you guys think Game & Watch didn't get much love @ Genesis?
Not Good?
Not Fun?
Not Cool?
2D is sooo 20 years ago :awesome:

All of the above imo.

My hate for Gaymanwatch has long been documented though. Goes back to my younger years playing this game. He was the last person I unlocked and my disappointment for how he looked/played still exists now. :mad:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I like G&W. I just like other characters better. And he does feel somewhat lacking compared to other characters currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom