• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Well to ask again will their be any thing done to c falcon dash it still doesn't feel like his melée dash (in terms of dashdancing) I think it still feel similar to vbrawl dashdancing but I'm just wondering?

:phone:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Its kind of like a command dash.

It has no hitbox, but has invuln for ~15 frames with moderate endlag. If you have super meter, you can use it and interrupt it any point with an attack.

Basically designed to help lucario approach.
read people

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
care to elaborate why? the Ex system gives him more combo options and killing power. it also adds even more depth too his gameplay. its also just plain cool.

The old one rewards you for sucking and punishes you for playing well, which is stupid. This new one does the exact opposite.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I must admit it is drastic but moves Zelda's approaching options to the extremes.
Its not even bad.

It's not a big deal honestly. Maybe you can see why when you play against her.
Maybe i'm just bias against camping options but from what I saw the Side-B now has a flame attack added to it. So you can set out a wall of Side-b's and non-projectile characters have no approach from what I've seen. So it seems kinda bad. Obviously characters like Falco/Fox can get around it but It's gonna be ghey for characters like Bowser-ganon-Ike...etc. When was this change made though?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
1. what's up with the indent?
2. having too many legal stages is almost as bad as having too few. stage striking takes aeons and stage bans can be nullified by having two similar CPs. our stage roster right now is pretty good, we have 7 good neutrals and a pretty good amount of CPs. We likely won't be including stages like NPC+ and such due to my first sentence in this paragraph. Besides, there are casuals who enjoy PM more than Brawl, so why screw them over?
1. Indents are quite simply the bomb​

2. It really all comes down to music and setting, sometimes I get bored of playing on the same stages over and over again and when someone picks a melee stage or Temple:M I get annoyed because I can only use 1-2 songs on it.

3. I don't want to NEVER see a certain universe/have my favorite one not have a playable stage.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Maybe i'm just bias against camping options but from what I saw the Side-B now has a flame attack added to it. So you can set out a wall of Side-b's and non-projectile characters have no approach from what I've seen. So it seems kinda bad. Obviously characters like Falco/Fox can get around it but It's gonna be ghey for characters like Bowser-ganon-Ike...etc. When was this change made though?
Your name is Spam Arrows and you're worried about a campy b move? Oh the irony.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Here's an idea if you're worried about getting hit by the sideB hitbox (not the grab) - shield or jump. Or, this might sound crazy, try beating it with an aerial and outspace it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Your name is Spam Arrows and you're worried about a campy b move? Oh the irony.

as i said....people like pit or Falco will be fine. It's the other people i'm worried about.

Here's an idea if you're worried about getting hit by the sideB hitbox (not the grab) - shield or jump. Or, this might sound crazy, try beating it with an aerial and outspace it.
Seeing as I'm not a playtester and the people you play against failed to demonstrate hitting the side-b to beat it out as a possibility....I was not aware it was one. Maybe one of you did idk...but the stream was laggish for me :D

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'm curious... is Lucas' Zair in any way useful in PM?

IRC, it can't be given a hitbox, and is useless for recovery ATM, so the only way I see it getting useful is if tethers ever go back to Melee form... and even then...

Unless I've missed something.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
How is it useful at all?
In vbrawl? And if so it wasn't at all I agree I was just saying you could do it :p in melée you should already know how useful it is.

But honestly I'm lookin for an answer from one of the PMBR members to see if it will be changed (c falcons dash that is) it still feels kinda stiff to me.

Ps:I'm speaking of demo gameplay only I haven't played anything else

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm curious... is Lucas' Zair in any way useful in PM?

IRC, it can't be given a hitbox, and is useless for recovery ATM, so the only way I see it getting useful is if tethers ever go back to Melee form... and even then...

Unless I've missed something.
Pretty much the opposite. It's had a hitbox for a long time (since B+ iirc) and is great for recovery. So yeah, it's useful.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
care to elaborate why? the Ex system gives him more combo options and killing power. it also adds even more depth too his gameplay. its also just plain cool.

That may be true, but why would he need more combo options when he already has the best combo potential in the game. He already has more than enough depth with the ohc system he got, plus all those new moves he got as well. Also, its unfair to the rest of the characters that he is the only one that gets a super meter and extra moves from it, it would be like ryu being the only one with a super meter in a street fighter game. Its just too much, at least with the ohc no one had it but at least it was still in the realm of smash, but one character having a super meter is too much of a mechanic change. Also the whole notion that he has to have some aura system to be lucario is just silly, its just some poorly designed mechanic (referring to the original mechanic in vbrawl, I actually do think the new one is a cool idea) it doesn't make the character.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So you're saying it's unfair for Lucario to have something the other characters don't? What's wrong with unique characters? I suppose every character should have Fox's Up-Smash then.
Balance won't be an issue regardless, we aren't ********. Thanks for your concern though.

jalued

Smash Lord
That may be true, but why would he need more combo options when he already has the best combo potential in the game. He already has more than enough depth with the ohc system he got, plus all those new moves he got as well. Also, its unfair to the rest of the characters that he is the only one that gets a super meter and extra moves from it, it would be like ryu being the only one with a super meter in a street fighter game. Its just too much, at least with the ohc no one had it but at least it was still in the realm of smash, but one character having a super meter is too much of a mechanic change. Also the whole notion that he has to have some aura system to be lucario is just silly, its just some poorly designed mechanic (referring to the original mechanic in vbrawl, I actually do think the new one is a cool idea) it doesn't make the character.
i kinda have to agree with this. Im fine with him having a special upB with a hitbox that he can combo with, but other than that it all seems rather too good. His aura sphere thing doesnt even seen to require charging to use, and it looks like a pain in the *** to deal with

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Ok now you're just being silly, I'm not saying that having something unique to that one character is bad, I fully support something like ohc, I'm saying that introducing a new mechanic like a super meter and giving it to one character is bad.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol that doesn't make any sense either, did anyone read/understand what I posted earlier? A move that is unique to that character isn't bad....I swear some of these comparisons are just outlandish.

jalued

Smash Lord
Ok now you're just being silly, I'm not saying that having something unique to that one character is bad, I fully support something like ohc, I'm saying that introducing a new mechanic like a super meter and giving it to one character is bad.
basically, he was given 2 unique mechanics when only 1 was really needed?

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'd say the opposite. A single character having a super-meter seems like it fits more than a single character having an quality which completely ignores the normal laws of Smash physics. The EX system only affects specials, anyway, so just imagine it as a quality of Lucario's specials, rather than of Lucario as a whole. Compare it to any other charge move, it's just a new way of charging, and is shared between different attacks. As opposed to OHC, which completely changes the way Lucario is played in a manner akin to Ice Climbers, or vBrawl's Lucario.

That's not to say I'm against the OHC system, I think it's a fantastic idea, and will lead to new, exciting realms of gameplay, and more technical combos than ever before imagined. The point is, if we stick to only what we deem "Smash-like," we won't go anywhere, since modding wasn't "Smash-like" until someone started doing it. Rather, we should stick to what "we-like."

Plus, it fits really well thematically (read: is a pun). Lucario is Steel/Fighting type, so he's based on Street Fighter. Who's with me on referring to the supers as EXP Cancels?

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Honestly its not gamebreaking. Landing combos isn't as easy as it looks either. Without the meter system everything lucario does would get easily punished. As far as it being unfair, that's just a silly thing to say. Its just different is all. You would have to deem every unique tech to be unfair if that was the case. Like lucas' offense up for example would be unfair since its pretty much like a super that recharges when it lands and no one else in the game has it

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
i kinda have to agree with this. Im fine with him having a special upB with a hitbox that he can combo with, but other than that it all seems rather too good. His aura sphere thing doesnt even seen to require charging to use, and it looks like a pain in the *** to deal with
It really isn't though, because it's extremely slow and predictable and difficult to combo into. People use it often in the matches because it's fun to use, but it's probably his worst super when it comes to all round usefulness.

That said though, I'm surprised people are already making such huge assumptions when nobody has even scratched the surface of Lucario's playstyle when it comes to these uploaded matches. The Down B and Up B supers for example, are still extremely under utilised comparative to some of his other moves, as is his JC from the U Smash.

Also, I gotta agree with Cubelarooso. We won't properly progress with Smash if we only do stuff that is "Smash-like". Characters will all feel needlessly similar. I think people just need some more time to adjust to the new changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom