• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
You're obviously referring to me, seeing as how I'm the only one that has talked about lucario recently. For the record I never said that he was too good, just that his super system is unnecessary and that he is fine without it. I'm displeased on how quick people are to judge on this thread, and some of you are just plain silly, not in a funny way sadly.
Um, I wasn't talking about you...

And for those wondering, I was the one who made the Link entry and Melee taunt amongst other things ^^

:phone:

CloroxTheKid

Smash Rookie
Links down throw. Is the knock back fixed or just weak. It was minuscule when do was at high percents which is wonderful for set up.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
when you play him - you'll know it was the right move. most fun character i've ever played in smash
Not fair. I main Ryu/shoto character in most fighting games. :(

I'll try it out but I won't call it better unless I play it. Also I'll try and make it to something, I dunno if MN will work since it is on the same day as a Don't Blink I was gonna go to in IL.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
but wouldn't it be pretty cool if you got this out on December 3rd? the 10 year anniversary of Melee? =D
Wow, how did I forget that after 9 comes 10?

I've never been intent on asking for/about the next public release. The longer we wait, the better it'll be, and I've plenty to do in the interim. But this would just be perfect. Just think of all the publicity, and in an article celebrating an anniversary it's unlikely to be spun negatively!

I actually implore the BR: If you get the patch/demo 2 working before this date, keep it to yourselves until then! Even better, if circumstances allow, announce the coming of the new version on the same day that Kid Icarus is released/delayed!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

I'll try it out but I won't call it better unless I play it. Also I'll try and make it to something, I dunno if MN will work since it is on the same day as a Don't Blink I was gonna go to in IL.
Project M > dbdc :awesome:

shanus

Smash Hero

just be wary that he has by far one of the highest learning curves of any character.

Yagi for example, has barely touched the surface of his moveset (i.e. he doesn't end combos with higher endlag with a aura sphere charge shield cancel -> JC, etc)

Stevo

Smash Champion
DK is one of the heaviest in the game. If anyone should be living to 200% in some match ups, it should be heavy characters like him.

if you want to kill earlier than that, you gotta take the risk and hit with link's up-b and dair. If you are not willing to risk it, be prepared to projectile spam to high percents.
not every character needs a (relatively) safe spammable kill move like falcon's knee. You have to figure out when it is worth it to take a risk and go for that up-b kill.

the Link intro looks pretty good.

Stevo

Smash Champion
it definitely is not a great move, but it actually has very little lag after the move, which when timed well, it can actually make it tough to punish.

up-air is probably better if you want to kill above you

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That seems weak for a a move that laggy.
As Stevo said, it's actually a move with very little endlag, and the move stays out for a long time due to the fact that it hits three times. It's pretty good on stages with platforms, imo.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I learned to not risk much against DK, he can kill you very soon if you aren't nearly as heavy as him, and he's pretty fast.

So I rack up damage with projectiles and eventually kill with some move when I get the opportunity.

It's overly defensive style with Link that I use against some characters or player that I'm not confident enough to approach.

I could have killed him many times with the Spin attack, Dair and Fsmash, but the way DK is now, prevents me to risk moves that laggy.

Also, the Brawl ledgegrab boxes are still present, it helps DK to survive even more.

As you can seem in the last stock, which I was in stock advantage, got more confident and killed him much sooner.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since I watched a stream anyone taking a look at wolf I'm curious really want to see how he plays next to the other spacies?

JOE!

Smash Hero
DK is second heaviest, only below Boozer, with better horizontal recovery. He also has the 9th best dash speed (tied with Toon Link) and 6th best Air speed.

Yeah, he's bigger, faster and stronger than you

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, wrote 6th first then corrected it to 9th by forgetting to backspace the 6....

Also, may as well repost stuff from MYM since it's always fun to look at:

-
-
-

Character weight , dash (highlights are ties), air and fall speeds. Ranked 1-10 in groups for MYM's character thingies, but theyre still in order of Heaviest/Fastest from top to bottom.

Not sure what other than Snake has changed on this tho...

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Um, I wasn't talking about you...

And for those wondering, I was the one who made the Link entry and Melee taunt amongst other things ^^

Yeah that was my bad, I misunderstood what you said, but whatever its not a big deal. Lol I had no idea that you were in the pmbr, good job on the link stuff.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
yeah, wrote 6th first then corrected it to 9th by forgetting to backspace the 6....

Also, may as well repost stuff from MYM since it's always fun to look at:

-
-
-

Character weight , dash (highlights are ties), air and fall speeds. Ranked 1-10 in groups for MYM's character thingies, but theyre still in order of Heaviest/Fastest from top to bottom.

Not sure what other than Snake has changed on this tho...
This is Brawl and not PM right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom