• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Couldn't Pit- shoot two types of arrows? How does that work?
Also out of curiosity.
He could. It's because Pit has two sets of floating points for his arrows. One set for when he shoots the arrow forward, the other set for when he shoots it upwards.

cmart

Smash Lord
He could. It's because Pit has two sets of floating points for his arrows. One set for when he shoots the arrow forward, the other set for when he shoots it upwards.
Note that you can only really distinguish them with a small selection of characteristics - you couldn't for example have them do two different types of effects or damage amounts.

Similarly, Samus' smash and homing missiles also have two different sets of floats.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
did you change pit's sweetspot on bair or is whoever's playing him just not hitting it? it seems pretty weak ;x

MaxThunder

PM Support
just wondering about something...
... when i try to connect to the pm chat with chatzilla, i get a message saying i'm banned... what?... what's going on?...

shanus

Smash Hero
You could replace one article with another though, right? In example, replacing the model for Link's arrows with the model for his boomerang.
it wqon't replace how the floats interact. article editing is extremely limited, and no offense to vigilante, but he doesn't really know anything about coding or how I achieved what I did with aura sphere.

MaxThunder

PM Support
just wondering about something...
... when i try to connect to the pm chat with chatzilla, i get a message saying i'm banned... what?... what's going on?...
^^just want an answer on this... i really liked using chatzilla you see... it's kinda anoying i can't use it...

JOE!

Smash Hero
>watches that stream

>sees about 80 times wolf could have used laser after a throw or such to secure damage and follow ups, and get punished for not

>Charizard vs samus, calls samus a "he"

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm trying to register Project M to some event, been busy on that lately... I'm also touring a few video game stores.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
(5:47:09 PM) standardtoaster: all vids saved from the stream from yesterday
(5:47:11 PM) standardtoaster: became corrupted
(5:47:13 PM) standardtoaster: T_________T

I have no idea how any of this happened. :( However, YoshQ's pinnacle video transfer has quite a few matches. :D By quite a few, I mean about 5 hours or so. :awesome:

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, for the demo, what are people's opinions on Zelda/Sheik matchups? Meaning, when is it better to use one over the other? I know this varies with the player, but in general which one is more effective on marth, falco, jiggs, ect. in your opinion?

Also I approve immensely of your avatar StandardToaster

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
i have not been to this board or on this website in a long time and i am loving PM's demo and i am really looking forward to the final release. Do people stream often still?

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
dang yoshi got a new slash old utlt back. his mini headbutt was awesome. as the best yoshi in the world, i approve of this change... (sarcasm). i do think that with his optional djc he has a viable tool to his arsenal. to make him even more valuable? remove everyone elses djc and he will seem that much more appreciative! i mean look at ness' dair. he dont need djc with that and his fair

:phone:

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
Nice ending. I like that you guys returned Mario's old hit sounds. New ones were awful.

Also, it's nice that you guys took in the back air from Doc. It
works out really well.
i think the hit sounds are probably from a soundpack that replaces most brawl hitsounds with melee ones.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
At :26 mario gets downsmahed by Zelda, then tecks the fall, but it looks like the inertia from his flight is not carried into the fall the way I seem to remember it being in Melee. Is that intentional?

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
At :26 mario gets downsmahed by Zelda, then tecks the fall, but it looks like the inertia from his flight is not carried into the fall the way I seem to remember it being in Melee. Is that intentional?
that is because of the way brawl teching works. it does not carry the force from the move, dubbing it a 'sticky tech.' its not intentional by the project m team, just can't be fixed yet.

edit :hella ninja'd ya foshio

foshio

Smash Journeyman
It is not intentional. They have not been able to get rid of sticky techs I believe (as a huge stalker of this thread). One of the last major physics codes to be sorted.
Damn ninja'd

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
What's Navi-X?
A cross-platform, cross-application streaming media aggregator. It's a downloadable plugin for XBMC/Boxee (media center apps), and the backend for WiiMC's internet vid scraping.

Basically, I can dump all the Project M youtube channels into a shared playlist which anyone can access from WiiMC, their computers, jailbroken iphones, iPads, etc.

Alopex

Smash Ace
What's Navi-X?

Edit: I have one match up so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckH7_g7JWow

~6 hours of footage left to through. :<
That was incredibly entertaining and informative to watch, the way awesome Melee vids used to feel. That video has me more hyped than ever, now. Even if the little things don't get ironed out due to impossibility, if the final product pumps out matches like that consistently, I'll be more than satisfied. Wicked.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
i think the hit sounds are probably from a soundpack that replaces most brawl hitsounds with melee ones.

You got it.

That was incredibly entertaining and informative to watch, the way awesome Melee vids used to feel. That video has me more hyped than ever, now. Even if the little things don't get ironed out due to impossibility, if the final product pumps out matches like that consistently, I'll be more than satisfied. Wicked.
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom