• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cero

Smash Lord
Part of the hesitancy surrounding these is that these additionally require 2 animations per character. While individuals have volunteered to contribute (which is appreciated), there is additional concern around fitmotionetc size limitations. If we ever do feel like making these, we will let everyone know, but for now the idea will not be pursued.
Ok. I'm pretty satisfied with that answer.

I'll drop this discussion for the sake of moving the thread along. (Even though I already dropped it like a page or two ago.)

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I don't know why but I re-read this post 3 times and after the 3rd time I laughed.

Also, nobody responded to my idea of Mario being able to jump before landing from a short hop up-air, with timing similar to jumping after his back-air.

I don't think it would be over powered and it would add some more technical depth to him.
He already can do it with one of his aerials so it would not be introducing something completely brand new to his character.

I think it would be so smooth. Imagine following their DI with a waveland into an up-tilt, or double-jumping into another up-air next to a platform perhaps with a waveland to continue the combo. Mario M is going to be fun no doubt with all the Doc upgrades, but I just love the situational options that being able to act out of a SH up-air would give.
this does seem cool.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Hey PMBR, you should consider putting these HD CPSs in your Character Selection Screen (And in-game battle portraits and results screen portraits). They would be a nice touch on your already pimped out menu. Plus it would make it look less like Brawl and more like a new game.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8348.0

They are not all done yet obviously, but SJS from LegendarySmashTeam has been making them rather rapidly lately. He is the best of the best when it comes to theses. Please actually consider this little aesthetic change. It would not require much work at all and it would make the game look even cooler (I mean look at the Bowser and Ganondorf CSPs for example).

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I see... Thats too bad :( Was there a reason why the idea was so unpopular or did people just prefer the default ones more? Oh wells... I'll be using them regardless :p

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
You know what I noticed?

There isn't enough damn Meta Knight.

Mario
Mario
Mario
Mario
Link
Link
Link
Falco
Link

You see where I'm getting here?

This week JC

imma going to wherevers

and people are gunna get some meta knight

I'm fairly sure we recorded a match of my MK ****** JCz's Fox for posterity.

I don't think he ever wants to play that matchup ever again though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Those are pretty cool actually. I would like if they were used.

:phone:
I've been using SJS' other CSPs for a while (the recolors of the Brawl intro movie poses for all the characters), which are awesome. Can't wait for his HD set to come out. Also, the Captain Falcon one is fantastic.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
MK can't be shown yet. He will likely be getting an overhaul in the future. You can use him if you want but he's dumb and I definitely won't record any matches with him.
:( this makes me sad. I hope he doesn't get changed too much. I had a ton of fun trolling with MK. What about him makes him so dumb? I'm not saying he isn't dumb in his current state, I'm just curious what you guys think.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The problem with SJS' CSP is that they're a bit rough/jaggy around the edges. It's weird how I've never heard anyone tell him about it.

Edit: Or maybe he did it to cut the size, since if you compare my avatar (before he made tink csp he made a normal image)to his tink csp, my avatar looks way smoother.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The problem with SJS' CSP is that they're a bit rough/jaggy around the edges. It's weird how I've never heard anyone tell him about it.
To be perfectly honest, you'll be hard pressed to find any criticism or negative feedback on Kitty Corp, except from people who were banned for trolling. The universal praise for anything and everything that comes out is one of the major inhibiting factors for the Brawl hacking scene right now.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Which is why we in the Project: M fan-community set out specifically to avoid that pitfall, by complaining about everything all the time forever :bee:
You're welcome, PMBR.

iLink

Smash Champion
When it's scaled in-game, it doesn't really look jaggy. If it doesn't end up being in the official release, I know I'll probably end up using it myself but I honestly think they are good enough to be used in the official release.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Which is why we in the Project: M fan-community set out specifically to avoid that pitfall, by complaining about everything all the time forever :bee:
You're welcome, PMBR.
And it works, because the final results always end up surpassing our expectations, instead of stretching to barely live up to them.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
To be perfectly honest, you'll be hard pressed to find any criticism or negative feedback on Kitty Corp, except from people who were banned for trolling. The universal praise for anything and everything that comes out is one of the major inhibiting factors for the Brawl hacking scene right now.
Well, I think it kinda depends. I've been a very involved member of the KC-MM up until about yesterday and whilst yes you are right to an extent, there are people that do give constructive criticism. It's part of the reason why I've gotten good at what I do (though funnily enough, my hacks were some of the few that got worthwhile criticism). But yes, you are right, the fact that not enough people give worthwhile constructive criticism is holding hackers back from getting better. Part of the reason why I applied for the P:M team is because I knew the experience would help me become a better animator.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
:( this makes me sad. I hope he doesn't get changed too much. I had a ton of fun trolling with MK. What about him makes him so dumb? I'm not saying he isn't dumb in his current state, I'm just curious what you guys think.
I don't honestly know what the plan is for him yet, but I know he can still be played very Brawly and it's just as dumb. Good luck trying to dislodge a planking MK with Fox or Falco once he has the stock lead. I'd rather not have to resort to making special rules to prevent MK dumbness like the BBR did.

GPDP

Smash Ace
That blue-haired girl... You wouldn't happen to like Starcraft II, would you?

On topic, I'm thinking about getting a capture card (you know, for test-player application purposes and such). What's a good yet relatively inexpensive solution? I've heard good things about Dazzles, but I don't know where to begin as far as models are concerned.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@gdgp, no I don't like sc2. It's a character from Nichijou.

@drew and purdi, ST and I can't make it to ARK IV. Too soon and too far. 15+ hour drive. No thanks. :)

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
That blue-haired girl... You wouldn't happen to like Starcraft II, would you?

On topic, I'm thinking about getting a capture card (you know, for test-player application purposes and such). What's a good yet relatively inexpensive solution? I've heard good things about Dazzles, but I don't know where to begin as far as models are concerned.
Dazzles are pretty good from what I know of them, just be sure you have your own editting software if you get one. If I recall the software that comes with it isn't Windows 7 compatible, I though I'm pretty sure that the recording software still works fine.

@gdgp, no I don't like sc2. It's a character from Nichijou.

@drew and purdi, ST and I can't make it to ARK IV. Too soon and too far. 15+ hour drive. No thanks. :)
Living in the Midwest sucks.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I don't honestly know what the plan is for him yet, but I know he can still be played very Brawly and it's just as dumb. Good luck trying to dislodge a planking MK with Fox or Falco once he has the stock lead. I'd rather not have to resort to making special rules to prevent MK dumbness like the BBR did.
The same argument can be made for a planking jiggly or sheik in melee.

It is annoying but there are ways around it.

I'll take your word for it for now, but I would love to watch a couple of these impossible annoying matches you speak of.

Where are they uploaded? I am having trouble finding them

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wait, in what way is MK being retooled? I thought he was cool as-is from what I saw, unless I missed something dumb...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The same argument can be made for a planking jiggly or sheik in melee.

It is annoying but there are ways around it.

I'll take your word for it for now, but I would love to watch a couple of these impossible annoying matches you speak of.

Where are they uploaded? I am having trouble finding them
Jiggs and Shiek don't have lightning fast lagless disjointed uairs and shuttle loop. It's nowhere near the same.

We're not gonna put up public matches of MK being really dumb. We'll evaluate it in the backroom.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I saw him on some streams and he can still play like his Brawl version. Shuttle Loop spam is really effective and uair camping on the ledge is still hard to approach. They kept talking about it even as they were playing it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
alright, fair enough.

I said I'd take your word for it, I just thought I saw someone say there were some MK matches or something....

Nobody likes planking, so I'm all for avoiding it.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Would it be effective to slow it to the speed of marth's u-air? I think that'd take away from his air juggling as well, but at the same time it'd lower the efficiency of planking.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Why not make extend the distance of MK's upB, add landing lag, and limit the "shape" covered? Make it a quarter circle instead of a full loop (think marth's upB in a way). Its sad to see the uAir go though.. I really liked the way MK is right now.

As for uAir, maybe make it a double slash? The same uAir animation but two times. Somewhat like how fox's uAir works. First hit pulls you in and second hit launches. Give it combo potential but don't make it bread and butter. HANDS OFF HIS BREAD SOMBRERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom