• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
So the same thing his dtilt does now except it doesn't meteor smash? Sounds like a good idea.
I didn't mean that it loses the spike, if I recall I said that it retains all the same properties (including the spike) with hopeful intentions of being sped up to match the animation, what I meant by saying similar to Roy's was the IASA frames.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
I didn't mean that it loses the spike, if I recall I said that it retains all the same properties (including the spike) with hopeful intentions of being sped up to match the animation, what I meant by saying similar to Roy's was the IASA frames.
Sounds awsome... Don't really think it needs a speed up... But paying homage to Links ability to stab and poke would be sexy... Especially because the animation for crouch fits a poking attack so well.

Would complement his jabs for spacing and make landing Dairs less risky. Giving him better Dair setups, and an animation that most likely would poke more in front of link than on the ground in front of him, which would mean keeping his ablity to hit low but also give it more vertical range.

All this + Link wants you above him... Any useful way to get you there is good for him.

He doesn't necessarily need it ... but he's not so good that he should be banned from any small buffs... I've had my opinion of him change bit by bit as people started to really make use of his new form.

iLink

Smash Champion
His avatar is such a loudmouth

I guess some silly discussions like the ledge occupancy are bound to happen, there has been a lack of official information from the devs so people are kind of grasping at straws in regards to what they should discuss.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Fascinating stuff. It's easy for me to forget how old Melee is, and how much of a culture it has. ; O

Glad that video exists!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Where did they get that footage from? Brings me back to the dc++ days when you used to get info and vids on the hub back before youtube hand fed you everything

:phone:

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
So... do Hanenbow, Mario Circuit, Flat Zone 2, and the like still exist? You know, the banned stages that have no hope into being turned into competitive stages unlike the new Rumble Falls. I hope you guys eventually end up replacing all of these bad banned Brawl stages with banned Melee and 64 stages (or at least another 3rd party stage like the Castlevania one), because those are infinitely better. I only ask because you did this with New Pork City by replacing it with Fourside. Both are banned stages, but Fourside is just so much better in every way. And unlike some of the banned stages in Brawl that can be played for fun sometimes (Shadow Moses and Spear Pillar come to mind), Mario Circuit, Hanenbow, and Flat Zone are rarely, if ever, fun stages

Ecks

Smash Lord
So... do Hanenbow, Mario Circuit, Flat Zone 2, and the like still exist? You know, the banned stages that have no hope into being turned into competitive stages unlike the new Rumble Falls. I hope you guys eventually end up replacing all of these bad banned Brawl stages with banned Melee and 64 stages (or at least another 3rd party stage like the Castlevania one), because those are infinitely better. I only ask because you did this with New Pork City by replacing it with Fourside. Both are banned stages, but Fourside is just so much better in every way. And unlike some of the banned stages in Brawl that can be played for fun sometimes (Shadow Moses and Spear Pillar come to mind), Mario Circuit, Hanenbow, and Flat Zone are rarely, if ever, fun stages
They have stated that they'll keep all the Brawl stages plus neutral versions of some stages like Temple: M and Skyworld: M. These stages will be added via stage expansion code, so no need to replace anything anyway.

Edit: I have no idea how they'll fit all those images on the Common5.pac. I recently tried replacing my iso's Common5.pac with a slightly bigger one (like a few bytes <_<) and it still crashed! I really doubt there's a way around it. :/

Ecks

Smash Lord
So the problem is the wii? I never would have imagined that. That sucks.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
It can be done, but you have to lower the resolution of stage previews. This packs successfully adds TONS of stages without breaking the size limit : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
Sure, the pictures look terrible when 33 more have to fit in, but they can easily add a dozen stages and still make it look professional.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
It can be done, but you have to lower the resolution of stage previews. This packs successfully adds TONS of stages without breaking the size limit : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
Sure, the pictures look terrible when 33 more have to fit in, but they can easily add a dozen stages and still make it look professional.
Those didn't really look that bad. To me at least idk I would actually have to try it out one of these days too judge but the screenshots didn't look bad.

That's cool was sorta hoping for a stream tonight.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
SuperHappyCow - Check the tournament boards, then go to Regional Zones.

Also, as for the streaming, if we do stream tonight, probably will be around 7:30CST or so.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Also, how is Peach coming along? Haven't heard much about her.
Some people have problems with her animations not be exactly melee... But other than that her turnips still disappear on shields and her second jump isn't melee... It's very fast and at least to me completely makes her moveset break.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In other news, we reached revision 5000 today. I believe the demo was released sometime around 2-3000.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Will there be a fourth "demonstration video" any time soon? Or did they stop being made?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the main guy behind them got hit by Hurricane Irene. cut us some slack please.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
It was an innocent question.

I'd also never heard of the aforementioned hurricane before, less so that people were hit by it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It was a pretty big deal on the East Coast of the US. It hit us just a few days after the biggest earthquake we've had in like 60 years too. Yay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom