• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Lol ghneko.. lucario doesn't really have bnbs that work consistently. You can def DI out of them. Also, there are no real block strings, at least not vs spacies. And most of his combo starters can be cced

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
are there plans to omit the 1-frame synchronization from jump > airdodge so it can better emulate melee?
It's not like we're doing it on purpose. If Magus can magic up a solution, then yes.

the intensity of P:M videos still seem watered down in comparison to melee... what other things need to be spiced up/changed to deliver the competitive feel that melee delivered?
People need to get better at the game.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think what can make P:M not look like Melee is the camera. Melee's camera constantly moves around and zooms in and out at a crazy speed. I know this isn't the only factor but I really think it's the major one. It's funny because a Melee camera would be, for the most part, aesthetic.

Also what Shadic said.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
The melee camera is freaking crazy... I hate not being able to see the stage.

I prefer what they have now; its a mix between the brawl and melee cameras.
I agree. If Melee's camera was from the perspective of a cameraman, said cameraman would likely have ADHD on top of having just taken a pound of amphetamines.

Revven

FrankerZ
If it's been several months, like 3-4 since you last applied, sure. But if you reapply after like a month, no.

Don't listen to Monk on it.

The melee camera is freaking crazy... I hate not being able to see the stage.

I prefer what they have now; its a mix between the brawl and melee cameras.
Melees camera *****. I don't even play the melee stages at all in PM because the camera is so gay that it ruins the stage.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Melees camera *****. I don't even play the melee stages at all in PM because the camera is so gay that it ruins the stage.
Yeah that's kind of how I feel, the camera in PM (even the demo) is already better than vBrawl though. I downloaded blue Melee FD texture off of Brawl Vault to replace my PM one and I just couldn't play on it because of the camera.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Can you explain why? I'm not doubting you, just curious.

It's actually one of the drugs used to treat ADHD, IIRC, a lot of them are stimulants or related drugs.

Edit: from wikipedia:

"Amphetamine derivatives are a class of potent drugs that act by increasing levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, inducing euphoria.[83][84][85] The class includes prescription CNS drugs commonly used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used to treat symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and the daytime drowsiness symptoms of narcolepsy, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)."

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah that's kind of how I feel, the camera in PM (even the demo) is already better than vBrawl though. I downloaded blue Melee FD texture off of Brawl Vault to replace my PM one and I just couldn't play on it because of the camera.
If you were awesome you could just take the TextureData from the Blue Melee FD and replace the PM Melee FD TextureData and have both like what I did with this Texture update of Hyrule Castle.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8068

Ecks

Smash Lord
For the most part, I also prefer the current camera, though sometimes I wish it zoomed a bit faster. What I hope can be done is make the camera shake more/faster when being hit with a strong attack.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I feel that P:M team should recruit more animators to their team, PEEF! said something that really got me in his stream playing P:M for the first time "It feels natural but it doesn't look right" (he was playing Falco). The way the animations look also affects to the general playing experience.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I feel that P:M team should recruit more animators to their team, PEEF! said something that really got me in his stream playing P:M for the first time "It feels natural but it doesn't look right" (he was playing Falco). The way the animations look also affects to the general playing experience.
I also said that day 1. I'm used to it now. It has become the new "natural" and really doesn't matter anymore.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Cows have terrifying animations. Seriously.

Anyway, I thought you weren't interested in joining because BrawlBox is so limited?
If that has changed, you should totally apply. It'd be fun to watch you and SiLeNtDo0m fight for our love. Or have a good old-fashioned superhero team-up. Or combine into one giant animator robot. Or Wombo Combo PM's animations. Or whatever makes any sense.

Revven

FrankerZ
There's really no way any animator can make the game "look" better than it currently is because BrawlBox is in no way the most efficient animation editor. We would need to be able to import animations directly from Melee in order to appease to these kinds of concerns.

Otherwise, animations have to be as close as possible, they can't be exact but they can look good for being made from scratch/modified. There will always be some kind of nuance with an animation, unless it's directly imported from Melee. Which... we cannot do. So, we get them as close as we can.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Cows have terrifying animations. Seriously.

Anyway, I thought you weren't interested in joining because BrawlBox is so limited?
If that has changed, you should totally apply. It'd be fun to watch you and SiLeNtDo0m fight for our love. Or have a good old-fashioned superhero team-up. Or combine into one giant animator robot. Or Wombo Combo PM's animations. Or whatever makes any sense.
What BB needs is a technical artist who can write importers for it.

It'd be helpful if Brawl Box was open sourced. : O

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm pretty sure it's not even the animations that throw people off - It's the different graphical style, the camera, and the simple fact that they aren't playing Melee anymore.

When you've played the same game for a decade, any change is going to be a little weird, even if it's just a minor aesthetic difference.

D

Deleted member

When you've played the same game for a decade, any change is going to be a little weird, even if it's just a minor aesthetic difference.
A million times this.

You can tell me that I'm playing a 100% replica of Melee Falco.

As an actual Melee player, I know I'm not.

It doesn't stop PM from being cool and feeling good though

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I think BrawlBox is open source. Toomai is editing BrawlBox. Also, IIRC Melee animation formats are compressed and we don't have a way to decompress them and convert to .chr0 yet. Best thing we can do is to go frame by frame in melee and try to match the animations as close as possible.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Ok, thanks for everyone for their input regarding my latest post.

On another note, someone sent me a message on FB, it showed on my Facebook desktop app but not in Facebook so whoever you are I can't respond you.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I don't think its super important that everything look like Melee. I like the new stuff a lot more then I like the stuff changed just to be like Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom