• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sheik's D-Throw nerf only affects her ability to chain them into much higher %'s. It still has exactly the same utility that it did in Melee, but without being so strong on characters that can't get out of it. It's a very subtle nerf that has a big impact on matchups were Sheik used to dominate heavily mostly because of D-Throw.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
DK's spinning recovery has always been really ineffective and inappropriate. I've always wished someone would just take it out and replace it with him shooting out of a barrel or something.

My 2 cents

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
I got a quick question about Link. I remember reading that the vertical velocity or gravity has been changed for everyone or something like that.

Does this mean Link doesn't throw his bombs ridiculously high anymore? I honestly dislike how high he throws them.

Also, if he still throws them really high, how do people upB bomb recovery with how high he throws those things? I can't seem to figure it out. (Granted I'm playing the old *** demo)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
DK being able to wall-cling without having a walljump would be... Silly.

Link's bomb-toss is done by Airdodging up, interrupting it with a bomb-toss upwards, and then UpBing. Same as it has been in Project M since the demo. It's really fairly easy. I have bad techskill and I can do it consistently.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
DK's spinning recovery has always been really ineffective and inappropriate. I've always wished someone would just take it out and replace it with him shooting out of a barrel or something.

My 2 cents
^THIS. I know P:M's primary goal isn't to make characters more canon, but a barrel recovery could really help DK. In addition, he already has the barrel in his entry that may be able to be used for this.

Revven

FrankerZ
^THIS. I know P:M's primary goal isn't to make characters more canon, but a barrel recovery could really help DK. In addition, he already has the barrel in his entry that may be able to be used for this.
No, we're not changing DK's recovery. You'd be removing his Up B OoS as an option, not to mention changing a fundamental weakness (having a mediocre recovery) when we're not aiming to remove weaknesses.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to mention the fact that his Project M UpB actually has a vertical component to it, which Melee's lacked, for the most part.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
as a DK main i ****ing love DK's up-b. it's like my most used move LOL

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No, we're not changing DK's recovery. You'd be removing his Up B OoS as an option, not to mention changing a fundamental weakness (having a mediocre recovery) when we're not aiming to remove weaknesses.
How about giving him a new downB that can be used in the air as a stall or recovery? Something like this.

jalued

Smash Lord
DK being able to wall-cling without having a walljump would be... Silly.
I don't see why he doesnt have a walljump, just because he is a heavy character shouldn't mean he gets no love. He can wall jump in the DK games. It might give him a little bit more recovery/edgeguard options and differentiate him from other heavies.

I just feel it is a reasonable suggestion that has merit

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I feel like Shiek's ability to have another equally as good character to counter any matchup below 50-50 is more than enough to compensate for her Dthrow, even if you made it PAL. All this new stuff is ridiculous, if there's anyone who could use some small buffs its Marth.

Cero

Smash Lord
I just recently found out that you can air dodge out of up-b with Zelda in the demo.

Is this intentional or this a glitch? The timing's kind of tight too.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just recently found out that you can air dodge out of up-b with Zelda in the demo.

You can go all dbz with zelda's up b as long as it's grounded or it hit the ground on start up. I personally love down smashing out of it.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
DK should totally get a wall-cling & -jump, and maybe even a crawl. And Diddy should get a cargo throw.
I am of the opinion that Diddy should be the same as DK, except completely different. Like in the games.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

You can airdodge out of a ground UpB. That's intentional.

Cero

Smash Lord
You can go all dbz with zelda's up b as long as it's grounded or it hit the ground on start up. I personally love down smashing out of it.
? I can't down smash out of it. I can only air dodge for some reason.

... I can wavedash out of up-b into anything consistently, though. Is that what you meant?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

the timing isn't tight at all you can do it any time after she dissapears. and in the demo you can jumpcancel her side b into a teleport and then cancel the teleport it make her play kinda fast.

Cero

Smash Lord
the timing isn't tight at all you can do it any time after she dissapears. and in the demo you can jumpcancel her side b into a teleport and then cancel the teleport it make her play kinda fast.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how it worked so I thought the timing was tight.

It's pretty easy (and fun) and I'm playing around with it now. Getting re-hyped for the next release. Lol.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Zelda was the character I was looking forward to the most in the demo, and I was not disapointed. Even the aesthetic additions where professionally made (Look at how awesome nair looks compared to Brawl/Melee). Ryoko and Magnus (:troll:) did an excellent job with her!

I am gonna miss spamming side b though.

...Wait, it was Ryoko and Magus working on her right?

:phone:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You could jump out of grounded side-B and airdodge out of aerial side-B, and by combining those two things you could get out 3 fireballs extremely fast.

Cero

Smash Lord
Zelda was the character I was looking forward to the most in the demo, and I was not disapointed. Even the aesthetic additions where professionally made (Look at how awesome nair looks compared to Brawl/Melee). Ryoko and Magnus (:troll:) did an excellent job with her!

I am gonna miss spamming side b though.

...Wait, it was Ryoko and Magus working on her right?

PM n-air's different from Brawl's?

Also, I heard them talking during a stream or a YouTube vid (can't remember which) that Zelda dittos lagged because of all the effects on her moves. They were talking about toning her aesthetic effects down.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Btw, for those who are worried about DK.

If he kept his brawl side-B (or may this was the case as well in Melee) then he can stall in the air for a sec. Kinda like Mario's cape.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
I dont know how to write this in a way that doesnt sound awfully bitter.

But all I can read is. MAN you should try this pie its so full of flavors and crunchy and tasty and...oh wait you live in another country and this is a phone call....well too bad for you <munchs>.

Its not that I hate you or anything and I fully understand why the demo ver. 2.121251519 isnt out and I worship and love what your doing (in a straight suporting way), I just wanted to type how i felt =E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom