• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Since we're on the topic of my favorite character from the Kirby series...

Why not change Dair to his Dair from the canon series? With properties similar to G&W's Dair, it wouldn't be as ******** as his vBrawl Dair, and could give MK a really nice option for techchasing. Being a FFer (or has that changed?), a Dair of that nature would be really helpful for MK's shield pressure game as well, and it gives a sense of familiarity to players coming fron vBrawl (idk, maybe someone might realize how ****ty of a game Brawl is, repent, and finally convert to Melee-ism?). Uair could change in a similar manner, becoming an upwards poke with decent combo potential (possibly high BKB but low KBG for a decent kill option as well).

Maybe change nado to something similar to Nayru's Love? "Diminishing versatility decreases the 'brokenness' of a move" isn't the best of logic, but it's certainly better than keeping nado closer to vBrawl, right? Giving MK another way around projectiles would be nice, too.

EDIT: Reference, maybe?
EDIT 2: Possibly a parry window as well? A parry window a bit tighter than Yoshi's Melee parry window, which is slightly longer than powershielding iirc, and sword clanks (as uncommon as they may be) are perfect examples of a p. balanced parry window. It makes sense considering that he's a skilled swordsman and all. I'm unsure of how limited coding is, but it would definitely add a bit of technical dependance to Meta Knight's game.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@nuke: that's brawl-

but yeah, changing his moves to be a tad more cannon could be a great sweeping move to: 1) make him more in character 2) balance him 3)make him balanced while still not beign ********

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
^Emoticon Fail

MK's Uair with Melee gravity, lack of hitstun and L Cancelling would be the most ******** thing ever.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
Eh guys i kinda got all ape**** on the irc server of the pm chat (spam join xd) could some op unban me. would appreciate it hehe..he.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I'm been pretty hesitant to make gameplay suggestions, since I'm a pretty casual player, but I figured I'd try. I've been thinking about Kirby, and specifically his rock ability. It's pretty useful against casual players and cpus but in a competitive context it seems like it would be pretty useless. Here are some buffs I think the rock could use.

Allow Kirby to break out of it instantly by pressing the B button after hitting another player or the stage, but don't allow him to break out of it he isn't in contact with anything, so that if he uses it unwisely offstage hell be unable to recover.

Speed up the "breaking" animation so that Kirby can act out of it more quickly

Make it do massive shield damage

Change it's knockback angle so it sends players straight up, even at low percents

This might be broken, but in conjuction with the first point, maybe make it spike airbone players?

Again, I'm pretty new to this so some of these might be pretty silly.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
people are dumb. don't assume that something some random says in here is relevant.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Meta-Knight has a lot of neat moves in the new Kirby Return to Dreamland game as well, some from Brawl, some not. Maybe some moveset ideas could be adopted from there?

Check out this video, Dedede starts at 5:00 and Meta-Knight at 5:45ish (the game is looking great by the way)

http://kotaku.com/5820063/i-was-wrong-to-blow-off-this-new-kirby-wii-game

also @JOE! many of his Brawl moves are canon now due to this game, including glide out of Shuttle Loop.
DDD is an Ice Climber and MK is still broken.

humble

Smash Ace
people are dumb. don't assume that something some random says in here is relevant.
What's that Strong Bad? Patch released confirmed for Monday you say? Oh boi, I can't wait! :awesome:

PS: Anyone of you non-randoms care to clue us in as to whether or not Bowser is getting a fireball? Apparently it was shown in a stream, and received positive feedback, but it hasn't made an appearance since. What up with dat?

G

genkaku

I like the idea of MK in the S tier.
I like the idea of anyone in the S tier. I mean, it's kind of silly to balance on the premise "oh, well we can't make him spacie broken." Or is this meant to come with the assumption that meta-game development with the new tools will move everyone up a bit?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I like the idea of MK in the S tier.
I like the idea of anyone in the S tier. I mean, it's kind of silly to balance on the premise "oh, well we can't make him spacie broken." Or is this meant to come with the assumption that meta-game development with the new tools will move everyone up a bit?
mk broken is beyond spacie broken. MK being S tier has worked out soooo well (Lawl MK banned in vbrawl)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Going back to what Octorox was talking about with Kirby's rock, I think it could use some touching up. I like the idea for massive shield damage, but another thing I thought of was making it special cancelllable when it hits the ground. This way the opponent is less willing to just block the hit because of the amount of block stun and shield damage, and the special cancel would make it safer on landing.

Also, as a side note, you guys should try to make it so you could feint with side b hammer.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
mk broken is beyond spacie broken. MK being S tier has worked out soooo well (Lawl MK banned in vbrawl)
Most importantly, his design was awful and anti-fun. A Metaknight designed by the Project M team will be significantly better done. ;)

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
SiLeNtRoOm?
I c wat u did thar >.>

Anyways, I agree with this whole Metaknight re-invention thing. He just needs to be more fun and more legit to play, but still remain true and canon to the Kirby series. He needs less "stiff" moves and moves that actually have a nice flow to them. Remove the traces from his attacks, and they're about as stiff as Wario's which just doesn't seem right.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Make him more canon by giving him his glide back after shuttle loop, a projectile, a non ****ty jab and a super fast fair swipe?

Sounds good :troll:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Lol at above poster. Good post.

When I saw the Kirby Wii video (gonna get dat game now more than ever) it looked like DDD's character design was pretty Melee looking. Smooth texture, kinda colorful. It looked really nice.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom