• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Since you fine gents conquered landing detection(I think) and most recently ledge occupancy, what's the next obstacle?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Streaming with new ledge occupancy, tether occupancy, new chars, new everything.

www.twitch.tv/peefsmash
The ROB matches (all of them) were way boring to watch. And I'm blaming ROB's current design.

ROB camped the entire time, ledge stalled, was impossible to combo, pulled off no combos himself, lived forever, and overall didn't do anything more than dodge and punish with a single move.

That sounds familiar...

That's exactly what he did in vBrawl.
It wasn't fun to watch. It wasn't visceral like Melee. It was slow and painful. It was vBrawl.

I think ROB might need a reevaluation.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
The ROB matches (all of them) were way boring to watch. And I'm blaming ROB's current design.

ROB camped the entire time, ledge stalled, was impossible to combo, pulled off no combos himself, lived forever, and overall didn't do anything more than dodge and punish with a single move.

That sounds familiar...

It wasn't fun to watch. It wasn't visceral like Melee. It was slow and painful. It was vBrawl.

i disagree with this. the only part which i think is somewhat true is rob seems to have more trouble combo-ing then he should. besides that i dont think he can really cmp that well b/c his laser is lacking imo, and his top does not go as far.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

That sounds familiar...

I don't think they're used to ROB. Not all fighters are visceral, like picachu, luigi jiggly puff .ect. Some fighters are just good a camping even melee fighters. The dodge and pinish tactic isnt the characters fault its the players. Yeah it was boring but not all melee matches are hype either.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
on the subject of sticky techs. What if you made it so you can act quicker out of the tech roll and have some overlap time with your invincability frames. dont hate me but it would sort of be like how in brawl you can attack to get out of hit stun but instead you can attack out of ground techs. That would be a decnt way to compinsate for sticky techs.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
on the subject of sticky techs. What if you made it so you can act quicker out of the tech roll and have some overlap time with your invincability frames. dont hate me but it would sort of be like how in brawl you can attack to get out of hit stun but instead you can attack out of ground techs. That would be a decnt way to compinsate for sticky techs.
Definitely not. That would completely ruin tech chasing.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

That sounds familiar...

Fear not!
Here's a taste of what ROB can really do...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I carry that toonie with me at all times haha.

Sorry Sneak but I won't be at Apex. Going to Magfest instead. I might go to ROM4 though.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Is ZSS ok to be shown publicly? Because Ryoko did a really sexy combo yesterday on a Falcon player that definitely needs to be on youtube lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm really looking forward to Zamus, Wolf and more Zelda. They're all crazy. Ryoko really knows how to play that Zelda.

Off topic: Guys search "do a barrel roll" on google. Cool stuff.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Something similar, yeah. It looks like the best that he can get out of it is like shine->fair or bair and Fair looks a little underwhelming. Oh, maybe uair.

IIRC, isn't Wolf's Shine supposed to be similar to N64 Fox shine?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Something similar, yeah. It looks like the best that he can get out of it is like shine->fair or bair and Fair looks a little underwhelming. Oh, maybe uair.

IIRC, isn't Wolf's Shine supposed to be similar to N64 Fox shine?
Shine sends up and away. As for doing shine -> fair, that is a combo but PEEF wasn't hitting with the sweetspot (claws) all the time. So that made it look underwhelming. The sweetspot can kill ~80% IIRC.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Shine sends up and away. As for doing shine -> fair, that is a combo but PEEF wasn't hitting with the sweetspot (claws) all the time. So that made it look underwhelming. The sweetspot can kill ~80% IIRC.
it can kill at 80 if im 5 feet from the ceiling. The move does not regularly kill that early with good DI, i can assure you.

Wolf does not have a pillar-quality combo that i know of yet, that might get developed, but his waveshine is pretty good and leads to alot of stuff.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I wanted to point out that in my time with Project M last year, I found a few bugs that I wanted to point out
1. If you move a character into the teetering position, neutral jump with x/y, then use a cstick aerial toward the edge, you land in the teetering position again.
(Basically from a teeter position you can auto-edge-cancel aerials.)

2. On top of that if you stand anywhere on a platform and x/y jump and f/bair with the cstick repeatedly, you will move across the platform ~1 pixel at a time.
(The cstick f/bair moves you forward or backward very slightly.)

3. Also if you cstick left/right while the character is in their initial jump animation they will do a dashjump (or at least a jump to the left/right,) without ever touching the analog stick. (I remember seeing this in Brawl definitely, but atm am not 100% sure if I ran into this problem with M.)

These are all unexpected behavior from controls, and while the first two bugs are not much of an issue (but at the same time may be a very easy fix,) the third can be annoying when attempting to do tight frame specific aerials in place (mario's bair, fox/falco's bair, marth's dbl fair, etc.)

But y'all are awesome and probably already know about these. I also might have posted this information a long time ago and totally forgotten about it. If I wasted your time I'm sorry.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
At around what time do you guys stream Project: M?
I'm streaming tonight (and most nights) starting around 8 or 830 Eastern. Everyone else streams inconsistently, so you'll just have to watch this thread for them.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I'm streaming tonight (and most nights) starting around 8 or 830. Everyone else streams inconsistently, so you'll just have to watch this thread for them.
What's your timezone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom