• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Man, I just looked at some of the imported model stuff on KCMM...this is huge! If only this game would come out faster so I could use them!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
N64 Ness is the best though.
But he feels weird because I use Ness in Melee. Does Ness' dair still auto-cancel the frame after the hitbox goes away in Project M or was take taken out because of Smash 64 Ness.

iLink

Smash Champion
Here's some of the work Mewtwo2000 has put into FoD

Compared to what we have now

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I think I might actually prefer the tree's textures in the old one, even not being as true to Melee. The rest is a huge improvement though.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
My beef was that the fountain was too tall, it looks incredible. I jut hope reflections are possible, but if they aren't, it already looks too good.
You're hoping for reflections? That seems like a useless aesthetic, don't you think?

abcool

Smash Ace
Just by that response i can see it probably is a headache trying to fix. Oh well. Once it can play feel close to melee.

shanus

Smash Hero
Just by that response i can see it probably is a headache trying to fix. Oh well. Once it can play feel close to melee.
no, it just means magus hasn't had the opportunity to look at it yet. Given that he knows the locations of SDI ASM and stage collision ASM its entirely feasible to address.

Rikana

Smash Champion
How is fixing the 2 frame thingy for air dodge to make wavedashes look as flawless as wavelands? I'm assuming the priority for this fix isn't too high but I'm sure that one of the reason why people say it feels clunky is because of this.

:phone:

shanus

Smash Hero
How is fixing the 2 frame thingy for air dodge to make wavedashes look as flawless as wavelands? I'm assuming the priority for this fix isn't too high but I'm sure that one of the reason why people say it feels clunky is because of this.

it's a much broader than that. Basically, brawl processes all physics commands too late so that they do not trigger on the same frame. This results in subtle differences such as gravity not being handled properly on the first frame, momentum commands always executed 1 frame later, etcetc. Fixing the air dodge issue requires fixing a much larger priority issue, and that is not easy at all.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Understood. I always thought that the airdodge problem was an issue by itself. It makes much more sense now. Thanks for the clarification. Is magus the only one that can work on it?

@neko: all it takes is one frame to throw any game off for those who play strict-timing games competitively. The flaw in wavedashes are very visible. At least, in my perspective. I always thought that people were still getting the timing down when landing detection was supposed to solve the wavedashes problems but apparently it was much more than that. I was just surprised no one brought it up until now.

shanus

Smash Hero
Understood. I always thought that the airdodge problem was an issue by itself. It makes much more sense now. Thanks for the clarification. Is magus the only one that can work on it?

@neko: all it takes is one frame to throw any game off for those who play strict-timing games competitively. The flaw in wavedashes are very visible. At least, in my perspective. I always thought that people were still getting the timing down when landing detection was supposed to solve the wavedashes problems but apparently it was much more than that. I was just surprised no one brought it up until now.
technically speaking, SCD has no impact on wavedash timing as the first 10 frames of airtime has always used the appropriate bone structure. SCD impacts are for everything after frame 10 (i.e. wavelands, all normal landings such as aerials, jumps etc)

shanus

Smash Hero
so is it harder to waveland, or is it just different?

also, does that make it any more or less useful?
our SCD fixes make wavelanding pretty much identical to melee.

The 1 frame momentum issues of course can impact them, but I was moreso correcting Rikana's stance that SCD impacts wavedashes, which is untrue.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Hey Kirisame, i hope you've been doing well since the last time we met.

Honestly, I don't think we really can tell what's going to happen at this point. Lucas is changing often these days and going through numerous experimental builds. There were a few issues the playtesters, me included found and we're working on fixing those. I guess you can say we're just trying to make it less stupid that that time when Gurukid tested him out at Thunderhorse's.
Yeah, I've been doing alright. I've been playing around with Lucas as of late and I'm having a blast. Almost more than I do with Ike.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, I can relate. I'v ebeen keeping Lucario and Falco as mains, but my submains change all the time, lol.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wow seems like a lot of digging is necessary to fix the 1 frame problem. Would fixing wdash on slopes also require as much work?

shanus

Smash Hero
Has there been any time to try converting the codes to PAL? I'm guessing its a long and dull job, but it would be very much appreciated
codes get updated all the time. it doesn't make sense to port them to pal until finalized.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Hey shanus, are there gonna be anymore new blogposts or were the newest two the only ones you wanted to publicize?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
we gave up on a "patch" a long time ago. we're working on another actual release now.
probably won't be a PAL version of it
It's fine, it's only a matter of writing a simply guide for ppl how to run ntsc brawl on their pal wii

E:

this wasn't sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom