• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Aren't lions and tigers actually cats?

I'm actually not sure how cats were even brought into this discussion
They're felines, just like cats, but saying they're cats would be like saying gorillas are human.
Maybe you were thinking about wolves and dogs? Cause they're the same species.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
They're felines, just like cats, but saying they're cats would be like saying gorillas are human.
Maybe you were thinking about wolves and dogs? Cause they're the same species.

Large cats tend to be cats. Lions are cats. Also, your comparison with gorillas and humans doesn't work because they are in separate branches of the same family (great apes).

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
So I heard that the next demo will have only 1/4 of the final roster. Are you guys planning on having this be the final demo? I hope Yoshi is in it (though I HIGHLY doubt it) :(

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I'm very interested in the plans of MK:M as I heard a rehaul of the character is to take place. Hopefully he's to receive a more authentic touch, as I kinda want to play him, but with that dumbed down brawl style that we see on streams, it's hard to take him seriously as a Melee character.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There have been no official statements about the next release, so whoever told you that it would have even less characters than the first demo was lying.

:phone:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
"The demo doesn't even have half of the cast lol"
K
As I said in the chat yesterday, Meta Knight has a very potent tech chasing game, particularly in the air. He's quite fun.
So, I take it that he's much faster, has more options for applying pressure, and capitalizing on mistakes? Sounds pretty ****

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
What I AM hoping though is that Nintendo won't make the PMBR delete the entire project five days after it is completed. You know what I'm talking about.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
What I AM hoping though is that Nintendo won't make the PMBR delete the entire project five days after it is completed. You know what I'm talking about.
That's like a bike shop demanding you to return the bike you brought for your kid that had training wheels because you decided to remove them.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You definitely could on platforms if your initial placement is correct or characters with excellent WDs.
And now you're specifying on platforms. lol.
I R MarF said:
You should also try and be more mature for the sake of PMBR's rep. It gives everyone here a bad message when they have a unprofessionial, sarcastic playtester answering questions on the board.
I just don't like it when people say wrong things and act like they're right. My bad?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Except that's the way digital copyright law works. It makes me want to punch babies too.

:phone:
What exactly is the difference between PC modding and console modding (other than PC gamers being much more open-minded to the concept, and PC modding being much more prolific)? The only things that get shut down are ones that take someone else's original work, like when they tried to recreate Chrono Trigger in 3D. A rebalancing mod like this would never be shut down for a PC game (in fact, studios like Valve hire modders).

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
What exactly is the difference between PC modding and console modding (other than PC gamers being much more open-minded to the concept, and PC modding being much more prolific)? The only things that get shut down are ones that take someone else's original work, like when they tried to recreate Chrono Trigger in 3D. A rebalancing mod like this would never be shut down for a PC game (in fact, studios like Valve hire modders).
I agree that no company in its right mind would sue gamers over a project like this, but the fact of the matter is under the DMCA (I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure this is true) Nintendo would have precedent to sue the PMBR if they wanted to. There's a reason that major sites like IGN and 1UP won't talk about P:M despite the fact that I'm sure they've heard about it and there really isn't anything else coming out for the Wii next year.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Large cats tend to be cats. Lions are cats. Also, your comparison with gorillas and humans doesn't work because they are in separate branches of the same family (great apes).
No, they don't.
They're not cats, they're lions.
And both lions and cats are part of the felidae family.
Just like humans and gorillas are part of the hominidae family.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
maybe you could make it so Ivysaurs Up-B Grabs opponents if you hold A or something. That way (S)he could aim to a playstile similar to spencer's from MvC3..

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
No, they don't.
They're not cats, they're lions.
And both lions and cats are part of the felidae family.
Just like humans and gorillas are part of the hominidae family.
This whole conversation is a semantics argument and really doesn't belong here. One of you is using "cats" to strictly apply to domesticated cats, and the other wants to apply it liberally to anything that is cat-like. Neither of you is wrong (or right), so you should either get back to the gameplay part of wherever this discussion came from and move on, or just plain move on.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
So the other day I was talking to my pal Peter Marshall about playing PM, then he PMed another PMer about PM, which led to PM PMing PMers all day and we never got to play that game of PM even though I PMed him multiple times about it. Freakin' PM....

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Can I ask what moves of Ivysaur's are being considered for removal/replacement?

MaxThunder

PM Support
seriously... you're still going on about the cat thingy?... it started as a perfectly fine analogy... now it's just off topic...

Revven

FrankerZ
Why does bullet seed suck in P:M when it ***** so hard in vBrawl?
Because you can actually DI it now. in vBrawl, it would never really send you into the tumble state so you couldn't ever DI it (remember, non-tumble DI does not exist in vBrawl), save for SDI (which still didn't save you from taking at least 20-30%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom