• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well not counting Captain Falcon and Jiggs who are really good against spacies, Zelda can wreck Falco if you use her well. She comboes them into her finishers really easily. Zelda would be my pick against Falco. Netaknight, if he remains with his combo ability would also constitute a decent counter. Falco is extremely easy to combo, and Metaknight has proven himself able to chain combo attacls very well. Lucas might turn into a good Falco counter with his magnet car if done right.

Also, his good matchups are no longer terrible for the adversary. Bowser can get through him with his super amrour and stands a good chance. Ganondorf can approach / recover more safely against him. Mario can combo him better, Link's hitbox adjustments allows him to rack up more damage in a short amount of time, etc...

If anything, fighting Falco is not as intimidating as it was in Melee.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
what weakness and nerfs does snake have now? besides using one grenade. He seems to have goten nothing but buffs while MK and diddy look like they've goten nerfs. These 3 were high tier so why does snake look like the favorite child?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I have a suggestion for Kirby, why dont you add Rock Cancel??? Is an AT for Smash 64. In 64 kirby ground rock came out in the first frames (without that crappy transfromation). If you perform the rock while you are walking or in a pivot, kirby will slide for a pretty low distance. If you did that near an edge, kirby would perform the rock and faill without starting lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JUfqC42UH-U#t=141s

It would be amazing :D

Spoon~

Smash Ace
what weakness and nerfs does snake have now? besides using one grenade. He seems to have goten nothing but buffs while MK and diddy look like they've goten nerfs. These 3 were high tier so why does snake look like the favorite child?
Snake isnt heavier than bowser now, his tilts arent stronger than the casts smash attacks anymore, you can actually knock him out of his upb.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Snake is one of the worst right now and he received the buffs he has because he works terribly in a Melee environment. You can't do your little grenade tricks when your *** is getting rushed down and pressured constantly. Metaknight hasn't received nerfs but there is talk of some drastic changes being made to him because almost his entire character doesn't fit in with Melee's style.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Snake has a shine OoS now, essentially. He's legit ?_?

I personally don't mind keeping MK the way he is now so long as he gets a less ****ty jab and single-hit Ftilt. Replacing Utilt with Ftilt3 doesn't sound so bad, either. That way, MK could use his current Utilt animation for his Usmash, which is pretty sexy.

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken. Up B OoS is sexier than shine.

crush

Smash Master
isnt dropping like grenades or something the hitbox comes out on frame 1 or something
that could be his shine replacement

"i think everybody should have a shine" - Andy Warhol

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Snake is still being touched on. Animations are being tried out and we hope to give him more reliable moves. We're experimenting with F-smash currently, and even now, he's still better than his demo counterpart is a few aspects.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, I guess Project M might get some of the Metaknight mains on board when we get him balanced and raring to go.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What Snake needs IMO is more options. We obviously need a gaster, more realistically useful F-smash.

But you must also know that Snake it the kind of character that in the end, will be as good as your mindgame ability. I really do not reccomend him to a purely technical player unless he wants to use him as a mindgame training method, lol.

D

Deleted member

snake kinda sucks, but it's okay. have you guys considered that it might be okay for a few characters to suck?

so far every non-bowser heavy character i've seen suffers from not being bowser.

edit: falco does fine vs zelda. i think a lot of people just suck against zelda.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I find it hard to take people seriously when they say Falco is broken in Melee when **** like this happens.

Taj would later get ***** pretty hard by Mango's Fox.
LOL what a bad example. Mango was either off, or he threw that match (missed a lot of easy techs). Props to Taj for doing great, and i do love me a Marth doing well at a major tournament, but Mango is simply the better player and his Falco destroys.

Look what he does to M2K's Marth with Falco : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXpH6VaTwiE

about 13-14 seconds is when Falco's gayness is revealed. Sure, Fox has great shield pressure, but he can't force a shield on approach.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Because I mean like, he is, broken I mean, but then **** like him being 2 stocks down in a minute happens. Like Melee doesn't have a single overpowering entity when its top tiers all counter each other.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
I would loveto watch the stream... Bah. isnake still rocking that awesome dagger stab smash? That move was awesome. Snake rocks. Anyone who says he sucks is garbage. He definitely is played alot differently. Just like lucario is abutton masher. Just like falco is op. Everyone has their little quips. With the mentality that the melee top tiers are going untouched, alot of crazy crap is boundto happen to all the flunkie characters if they ever hope to take out falco

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Out of curiosity, why would you say ROB-Falco is in ROB's favor? I haven't really seen the match-up before, but I would've imagined that even with ROB's poke and gimping game, Falco's lasers, shield pressure, and nearly-unparalleled comboability would make it in Falco's favor. Also, wouldn't Falco's lasers stop ROB's recovery since ROB doesn't get his side+B/up+B back if he gets hit?
Like I said, it depends on the Falco's style. It's really ridiculously hard to get in on a technical, campy Falco, but when ROB does get in, it's a stock almost every time. Of course Falco can get in whenever he wants and does combo and kill ROB well. At the highest level of play I'd give a slight edge to Falco, but if he makes a few mistakes or doesn't know the matchup, ROB takes it easily.

Oh and Falco's lasers only stop ROB's recovery if he's recovering horizontally slightly above the ledge, i.e. not at all against a competent player.

Well not counting Captain Falcon and Jiggs who are really good against spacies, Zelda can wreck Falco if you use her well. She comboes them into her finishers really easily. Zelda would be my pick against Falco. Netaknight, if he remains with his combo ability would also constitute a decent counter. Falco is extremely easy to combo, and Metaknight has proven himself able to chain combo attacls very well. Lucas might turn into a good Falco counter with his magnet car if done right.

Also, his good matchups are no longer terrible for the adversary. Bowser can get through him with his super amrour and stands a good chance. Ganondorf can approach / recover more safely against him. Mario can combo him better, Link's hitbox adjustments allows him to rack up more damage in a short amount of time, etc...

If anything, fighting Falco is not as intimidating as it was in Melee.
I forgot about Zelda but it's probably the same as ROB. If Falco makes any mistakes or doesn't know the matchup, he's gonna get wrecked, but in high level play he may have the edge. She actually nullifies lasers better than most characters though thanks to her new lagless reflector.

Bowser's the same, totally wins if Falco ****s up but Falco probably has the ultimate advantage.

I wouldn't consider MK or Lucas since they aren't complete characters yet.

Mario I would legitimately give the advantage to over Falco. Mario is beeeeast and can deal with his bull****.

Reminder that all of this is just from my personal experience and a little bit of theorycrafting. Don't take it for the word of Science.

so does this feel anything like Melee yet
About 98%, but some people sure rage about that last 2% being different.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Depends on the definition of sucking. I mean if the worst character goes like... 35:65 with the entire cast, I mean I'd still call that viable. You're always going to be playing at a disadvantage, but not one that's overwhelming.

That said I enjoy Snake M, and I'd be sad if he was trash.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
why do people say snake sucks? He's not a spacie. he doesn't need a 10 hit shine combo to be good. His dash attack, hard hits, low duck , grenade sheild, nikkita, and sticky set ups make him look really strong. When ever he's in trouble just pull grenade and sheild. enemy too close dash attack behinde them. want to start a combo OoS up b. He has plenty of escape options and he doesn't need to fight close for long to get high damage. hit enemy away and set up a barage of booby traps. Snake is really good.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
My oppinion is that Snake is as good as your mindgame, but also as bad as the perceptiveness of your foe. It's really all about outsmarting your foe.

With that said, neither Jiang nor I, as fans of the MGS series will allow Snake to flat-out suck, lol. He wears a badass a bandana. he can't suck.

D

Deleted member

Falco cant have bad match ups

Ever

Hes too good

Same goes for Fox

Spacies will poop on all the other characters forever all the time always

CORY

wut
BRoomer
as far as overall matchups:

the goal really shouldn't be to make everyone 50:50 or even range around 45-55. it's not really feasible, and i'm sure the developers know this. you're always going to have strong "i just **** in your wheaties" counter characters.

the goal should be to reduce the amount of wheaties ****ting going on, so the game isn't a crazy version of rock-paper-scissors, and then try to make some sort of revolving door. for example, let's go back to early-mid melee where fox and falco were undisputed kings. suddenly, a wild peach appears. she jumps up to high tier because she can beat the kings.

what i think is ideal is a situation where you have, for example, that peach and marth able to beat the fox and falco top tier. suddenly, peach and marth are top tier. but who beats peach and marth? let's just make **** up: mewtwo and pichu, **** yeah. so, mewtwo and pichu move up to high tier, and they happen to have a decent game against fox and falco, so they can't get wheaties **** upon. eventually mewtwo pichu dominates the metagame, pushing marth and peach back down and keeping fox and falco at bay. but lo! our saviors, ness and jigglypuff come around and we find that they have a good mewtwo pichu game! while also having a decent marth peach game. but they suck against fox and falco! so, suddenly the game's just turned itself back around.

tl;dr for the above: i know that it's not feasible for them to program a metagame, but what would be awesome is for the tier list to actually rotate around, like a revolving door, with strong matchups from lower in the list counteracting higher tiered matchups.

and i'm not bashing the pmbr or trying to say this is how it should be done, because i know there's no way they can really dictate the meta. i just think it would be pretty awesome if that happened because the meta would be in constant change and relatively self balancing.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
My oppinion is that Snake is as good as your mindgame, but also as bad as the perceptiveness of your foe. It's really all about outsmarting your foe.

With that said, neither Jiang nor I, as fans of the MGS series will allow Snake to flat-out suck, lol. He wears a badass a bandana. he can't suck.
I hope someone is doing the same for Link, the dude's been **** tier ever since the original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom