• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Somebody actually knows, why Zelda's fwd B semms to be much longer than in Melee?

And if it is already fixed...?

Also there isn't a good Roy at the moment, right?

(PS: For me the char clone engine for Roy doesn't work o_o)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
hey i am jus throwing this out there, i mean i know if youve played project m before you already know its pretty much a joke and just a crazy brawl mod but

i remember awhile back one of the big guys on the project made a joke to me "hey ROB, give peach back her downsmash"

referring to rob having peachs dsmash from melee(among other wrong things).

i mean the joke woulda been bad anyway but still.

get 'em projet m guys!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
hey i am jus throwing this out there, i mean i know if youve played project m before you already know its pretty much a joke and just a crazy brawl mod but

i remember awhile back one of the big guys on the project made a joke to me "hey ROB, give peach back her downsmash"

referring to rob having peachs dsmash from melee(among other wrong things).

i mean the joke woulda been bad anyway but still.

get 'em projet m guys!

LMAO WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.

loool

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Saying "I'm Batman" before anything else in your post should be a reasonably effective way of giving the impression of a deeper voice.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Fighting myself would be.. quite an experience lol. I don't know if I should be scared or excited.. there would be far too much spirit for the game to handle.
I think the only thing that could rise my spirits higher than playing against myself would be playing against myself a year into the future with a years worth of improvement....that would be crazy!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If "longer" means "less terrible and useless," it is most likely intentional on the developers' part and is not going to be "fixed."
Just by the shear amount of variations of Zeldas side B has seen, I can can see that fundamentally it is a horrible move design wise. At least the current itertion of it has uses for it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The current version is fine. We've only had two different ideas for it, so I'm not really seeing it as an example of us throwing ideas at the wall, or anything.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The current version is fine. We've only had two different ideas for it, so I'm not really seeing it as an example of us throwing ideas at the wall, or anything.
I'm not limiting that statement to solely project M, Din's fire through all of Brawls hacking time has been a move tampered with a lot compared to any ther move.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm not limiting that statement to solely project M, Din's fire through all of Brawls hacking time has been a move tampered with a lot compared to any ther move.
This isn't really true. We have many ideas that don't flesh out. :awesome:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I dunno I guess it's a weird move design wise to me then.

It's a projectile but, it limits zelda. The projectile is only active when zelda is inactive, thus making her vulnerable while using it. There is only one other projectile like this PKT, but Pk thunder is different in that Ness is still dangerous if you go near him cause he can hit himself with PKT, zelda was not a danger when she used DF.

Projectiles generally allow a character to follow up on the action of using the projectile. Zelda vBrawl projectile doesn't do this.

The current version however is good because it lets you follow up on the action of using the projectile as they linger for however long you guys have it set as.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Laptop charger port died today. Rip laptop.

Ill still be posting via mobile and my wifes laptop, but streaming and uploading will have to stop for a while.

:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App

leelue

Smash Lord
I dunno I guess it's a weird move design wise to me then.
Projectiles generally allow a character to follow up on the action of using the projectile. Zelda vBrawl projectile doesn't do this.
Well
Just for accuracy's sake

Snake has a similar projectile to zelda.

At least in melee, pikachu's thunderbolt wasn't exactly perfect at allowing one to follow it up. It was possible, but required a certain finesse. If anything, you dealt with your opponent avoiding it. Similar concept to what you proposed, I suppose.

Thunder hardly counts as a projectile, but in any case nobody has ever combo'd with thunder as the set up.

Luigi's fireball has ridiculous lag and wasn't easy to follow up with. MAYBE if you were mid-wavedash and both you and the fireball reached your opponent around the same time as your lag ran out. But that is what we in the business call a stretch.

Aerial needles can be followed up with after you land, but that too requires at least a mote of situational awareness.
In any case, I just started going off on projectiles that you can't really link into other actions, which wasn't 100% in the spirit of your argument.
But
What I guess I'm trying to say is that the less that characters are similar in function, the better the game is. I wouldn't say that it is bad design, just unusual. Unusual is good.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yo Daze, are you coming on Saturday? If so, I'll be meetin' two people from the thread, hah.

Oh btw I can only bring one Wii.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
lol alright then, at least i'll have the chance to play the alpha :p and i'm like 90% sure i'm going lol, just need to find the gc thread and get all the info solid

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Do it robot. I'll try and remember my SD card.

The real issue is that we'll also need a second TV, though.

Also Matt#, you have GeckoOS/homebrew channel right?

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have another Fsmash animation going on for Snake? It just doesn't look very... MGS3 CQC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom