• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lucas in our build is pretty good. Though I find him very annoying to fight against. It's not that you can master him easily, but at low levels, he's a n00b canon. A n00b won't beat you but he will annoy you to hell.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I'm glad you guys dd some work on Lucas, he was awful in a build a couple of months ago(at least he looked horrible). Hearing that he is better makes me happy, but confirmation on demo 2 would make me happier.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
So I've been following this for like, two years. When is the next demo coming out?
Just a quick question, or is it still frowned upon to ask?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
By the end of this month, dabridge. There isn't an exact release date -- and anything could happen to prolong the timeframe that we've been given already.

It's a bit vexing to receive and answer the same question every other day, though...

**** you Shadic, ninjaing me

iLink

Smash Champion
The original intent was before the end of march, but they have kinda been lenient on that and kind of hint that it could possible be early april.

PMsurveys

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of trash talking on here about a game that isn't even out yet, lol xD.
Hi, I'm Specks, I help work on PM >=O

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
A while back, a BR guy implied that two servers should be enough to handle the traffic that demo 2 will cause. This leads to my questions: How exactly do download clients work? How many simultaneous requests would your severs be able to process? (I am not at all familiar with how this stuff works.)

I'm asking because I know a guy who is willing to host, if you're even barely interested.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
So playing yesterday with Monk/Toaster was fun. Yes, I'm pretty much a scrub/casual, but it was worth be ridiculed on the stream to try their latest build out. My only two goals was to play a build later than Demo 1, and not get 4-stocked, both of which I accomplished. Anyways, just my impressions.

(Note: My assessments are brief because I didn't try and concentrate on one character but try a whole bunch of them)

Samus - She's my main. She transfers pretty well from Melee to P:M. I like how its easier to Missile Cancel. I don't really like the Other:M roll though, so I'm hoping they don't decide to keep it.

ZSS - Very different from vBrawl, at least in terms Side-B now pulling in instead of being able to kill. I didn't do great with her, but I can see picking her up.

ROB - Sorry JCaesar, but I like to screw around with a character before learning optimal play with them. Put ROB in Demo 2 and I'll put some work into him. But from what I played, really solid and I do want to play with him some more.

Bowser - He is a monster. If P:M were my first game, Bowser might've been my main he feels so good.

Yoshi - I knew I was going to egg off the side. But beyond that, I'm pleasantly surprised with Yoshi. He is a character I NEVER put any effort into. While I'm not going to be giving Yoshi much attention when he is released, he probably will move up from the never used category.

Ike - I feel like he could use more power, but I know that it really was me not playing him properly. Maybe its because I put minimal time into Brawl, but I couldn't get used to using Quick Draw with Ike.

Lucario - I went into this fight expecting to do horrible. I wanted to try the OHC system, but then I remembered Shiek is Shiek, so experimenting wasn't going to be the easiest thing to do. I do like how aura is done, now I just wish I could think of how to use anything not the Spirit Bomb in a fight.

Charizard - I knew it as soon as they announced they removed it, I miss Rock Smash. Anyways, I wasted a bunch of time figuring out how gliding worked, because I never really used it, and aerial down-B does instant glide. All in all, I really enjoyed Charizard.

Pikachu - It is quite possible that its been years since I've played the rodent. He played OK, but I really have no frame of reference.

DDD - Mental Note: Forward Smash requires spacing. Beyond that I can see myself having fun with him. I didn't try chain throwing with him, but then again, Marth's Story isn't the best stage to make use of it.

Wolf - Played really good, made me almost not hate playing as space animals. ALMOST.

Sonic - Didn't feel as weak as Demo 1, which I appreciate. I probably could've done more with neutral B.

Link/Ganon - They're in Demo 1, nothing drastically different.

I wanted to play with Squirtle and Pit some, but time prevented it. I'd like to thank Monk and Toaster for letting me play, and the whole PMBR for what so far is amazing game. Also, if anyone wants to give me constructive criticism, I'll take it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Crush is also a whole hell of a lot cuter than Strong Bad.

In case you were wondering.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
put ZSS nipple spike on the last hit of her up b when the whip is almost done retracting nothing strong just so theirs a little fun joke in her move set.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ROB - Sorry JCaesar, but I like to screw around with a character before learning optimal play with them. Put ROB in Demo 2 and I'll put some work into him. But from what I played, really solid and I do want to play with him some more.
First time saying my name and you spelled it right. I love you already.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
DDD - Mental Note: Forward Smash requires spacing. Beyond that I can see myself having fun with him. I didn't try chain throwing with him, but then again, Marth's Story isn't the best stage to make use of it.
Don't you mean FTilt? FSmash is really great for raising your self-esteem, because throwing it out randomly doesn't work most of the time (I plan all of my FSmashes ;3); FSmash is also great for trolling your teammate in dubs. Oh, and DDD's Dthrow cannot be chained into another grab. The infamous penguin Dthrow is now a tech chase setup.

First time saying my name and you spelled it right. I love you already.
I spelled your name correctly the first time, but you still sexually abuse me every time that I play with you guys. Doesn't sound like love to me.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom